Profile for lchop911 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"lchop911" RSS Feed (Greensburg PA)

Among the Heroes: United Flight 93 and the Passengers and Crew Who Fought Back
Among the Heroes: United Flight 93 and the Passengers and Crew Who Fought Back
by Jere Longman
234 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This is THE book for Flight 93......, September 8, 2002
As a dispatcher from Westmoreland County 911, I waited for this book. It was a worthwhile wait. Following Jere's details of the accounts I can personally verify, I am certain of the amount of time he has spent and the extra mile he has gone to get all the details. The heroes of Flight 93 deserve to have their story told by a caring author who is attentive to the details surrounding their efforts, and this has been accomplished. While everyone who was involved with or witnessed the incidents that occurred on September 11, 2001 certainly could not begin to believe what was unfolding, this book puts you up close to the individuals involved with Flight 93, those who witnessed the plane prior to the crash, those on the plane, and the families affected. A full picture in prose.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars most pleasantly surprised, December 31, 2001
I am a lover of music and consider my interests varied. Yet, little did I know, a movie would allow me to crossover into the country/bluegrass genre (a place, I confess, I do not normally visit) and cross paths with Ms. Krauss.
Recently, she performed in a little theater in my hometown and I was drawn to the show after viewing "Oh Brother". I was hoping to hear some tracks from the movie, and a night out is always welcome. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE TREAT !!!! It was one of the best performances I have ever witnessed. A beautiful, melodious, and moving voice. Music that blends perfectly within itself and with her voice. I am hooked...