Profile for Michael Yovkovich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 277

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Yovkovich RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fellowes M5-95 Laminator with Pouch Starter Kit (M5-95)
Fellowes M5-95 Laminator with Pouch Starter Kit (M5-95)
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty & Effective Laminator, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A laminator is an item you would never think you'd need, until you need it! I've had various reasons to laminate over the years, whether it be for a somewhat fragile frequent diner card made of paper, a recipe that gets mangled during every cooking session, or a chart at the office that you'd like to keep handy at all times. I've tested this new laminator from Fellowes out in each of these cases, and I could not be more pleased with how easy this machine is to use. The starter kit comes with 10 pouches, so you'll be able to do quite a bit of laminating before ever needing a refill. The machine also is very safe, and will automatically shut-down if the temperature gets too high. After laminating pretty much everything I can think of, I still have 6 pouches ready to go. For the extremely reasonable price, you can protect some very important documents, and that makes this laminator a great addition to any home or office.

Clorox Scrub Singles, Kitchen, Citrus Blend, 36 count box (Pack of 2)
Clorox Scrub Singles, Kitchen, Citrus Blend, 36 count box (Pack of 2)
Price: $17.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrub Singles Are Effective & Efficient, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Clorox has really honed in on the single-use model as of late, and for me, this is the exact type of product that I need to help me keep a cleaner kitchen. The sponges I've used in the past tend to deteriorate beyond functionality, and few provide the cleaning capabilities of these Scrub Singles, so moving to the single use model has helped me keep my kitchen much more clean. Lately I have been using one scrub single daily and it has been doing a tremendous job of cleaning the sink, oven and counter-tops. The scrubs are extremely easy to use and very functional. Moisten them up with some water from the sink and scrub away with the scrubber side. When you're done scrubbing, flip it over and use the mop side to absorb the moisture. Simple, easy and efficient.

Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes, 54 Count Box (Pack of 2)
Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes, 54 Count Box (Pack of 2)
Price: $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Electronics, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a trusty Swiffer that I've been using for years to handle all of my floor-sweeping needs, but there are some jobs that are just much easier to handle without the big Swiffer stick. I've used a Swiffer wand in the past for these types of activities, but these single use action dust wipes from Clorox have become a much easier way for me to handle the mounting dust on my electronics and tables. My biggest problem using the Swiffer Wand is that I always used it for far longer than I should have, and after using it for a while, I was simply moving dust around. With these dust wipes from Clorox, they are single use and do a tremendous job of fitting into crevices and ridding all electronics, tables and counter surfaces of dust. They are very convenient to use and have been very effective. If you're like me and tend to overuse your dusting wand-like items, give these a shot and you will be doing a much better job of dusting overall.

Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo Deodorant Stick for Men
Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo Deodorant Stick for Men
Price: $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, Fancy & Pricy Protection, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm always up for trying out new deodorants, so when given the opportunity, I jumped at the chance to try the Roma Uomo Deodorant Stick from Laura Biagiotti. Quite a fancy name, so my expectations were definitely high going into the test run. First off, the size of the bottle is 2.4 ounces, so you're getting a decent amount of volume here. The stick feels relatively heavy, definitely along the lines of what you would expect from a high-end deodorant stick.

As for the scent, it has a very cologne-like aroma to it that is quite difficult to describe with words. The product description on Amazon states "This scent pays tribute to the timeless city of Rome. A simple top note of pungent bay leaf graduates into a heart of red geranium. Base notes of coumarin and vanilla complete this fine men's fragrance." I've never been to Rome, so I can't speak on that statement, but the rest of the description sounds about accurate, although very flowery. If I had to put it into layman's terms, I would say that it has a masculine scent with a hint of spice and vanilla. I've been using the stick for the past week or so, and even when I do an hour of cardio at the gym, it has held up very well, so performance-wise, I have been very pleased with it.

I'm dropping it a star because for this deodorant to be worth the extra amount, it would almost have to act as a cologne replacement, but the scent isn't quite strong enough to make this happen. Therefore, it won't be added to my regular rotation strictly because of the price tag, but for less budget conscious users, if you end up liking the scent of this product, it is very effective and does exactly what it is supposed to do, so I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Febreze Scented Oil Air Freshener with Warmer, Fresh, 0.87 Ounce
Febreze Scented Oil Air Freshener with Warmer, Fresh, 0.87 Ounce
Offered by Mid-Mich Deals
Price: $17.95
6 used & new from $12.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey Freshener With Some Positives, February 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You know you have name brand recognition when people use your name as a verb. Because of this, I think the folks at Febreze feel they can charge a premium for their product above what other air fresheners are charging. Time will tell if this was a wise strategy on their part. As for the product itself, it has some positives that can almost justify the higher price tag. The fact that it doesn't take up both outlets is a positive one, and somewhat rare for the plug-in air freshener category. So if you're short on power outlets and don't have a surge protector handy, this could be a big positive for you. Additionally, if you like the scent that you end up with, you will be very pleased because it is extremely strong. On the other hand, if you don't enjoy the scent, you will be very displeased as it is extremely strong. Other reviewers have already brought up the fact that the scents are given very generic names and descriptions that don't do a very good job of letting you know what you're purchasing. This particular "Fresh & Flirty" set smelled very close to how my laundry smells after being taken out of the dryer. I use Bounce fabric softener so if I had to compare it to a specific scent, it would be that. Overall, a very pleasant smell, but very overpowering so make sure you set it to the low setting. Hopefully Febreze drops the price on these as its competitors do just as good of a job at a fraction of the cost.

Scharffen Berger Sweetened Cocoa Powder, 4.4-Pound Package
Scharffen Berger Sweetened Cocoa Powder, 4.4-Pound Package
Price: $34.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Hot Chocolate Drinks, January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having previously tried Scharffen Berger chocolates and enjoying them quite a bit, I was wondering if the cocoa powder would live up to the expectations my mind began to set. I have only used the powder to make hot cocoa so far, but I will say, if you're looking for a new cocoa powder to try for your hot chocolate to get through these cold winter months, this is a great product to test out. The taste of the cocoa I made was somewhat sweet while also having somewhat of a bitter bite to it, almost like dark chocolate, that helped balance out the overall sweetness of the drink. I've made several cups since and have gotten to a point where I feel I have perfected the right balance between powder and milk. With the serving size being so large, I have no doubt this bag will last me through the winter and beyond. The bag itself claims to be resealable, but I would recommend using a large rubber band as the resealable functionality does not work very well.

Black and Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender
Black and Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Single Serve Milkshakes and Smoothies, January 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very excited to give this unit a try. As we all know, counter space is precious, and this blender is luckily quite small and narrow, giving it a much better chance of becoming a kitchen counter mainstay. Functionally, the blender could not be easier to use. There is one button and one button only, the button that turns on and off the blender. I found the blender to work really quickly for both the fruit smoothie and milkshake that I made. Cleaning up the blender was relatively easy as well, though I will agree with other reviewers that the narrow state of the blender can make cleaning a bit of a hassle, but I was able to avoid this by using a long dish wand that I've been using for years to clean some of my more long and narrow glasses. Overall, if you're in the market for a solid single serve smoothie/milkshake maker that won't clog up too much of your counter space, this will be a great addition to your kitchen.

Flonase Allergy Relief Nasal Spray, 120 Count
Flonase Allergy Relief Nasal Spray, 120 Count
Offered by Barnes Health Care
Price: $16.99
21 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Multipurpose Allergy Relief Spray, January 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been a Flonase user for the past several years, so I was very pleased when I noticed that its now being sold OTC. I have allergies that really seem to flare up during the winter months, and Flonase was initially prescribed to me by my doctor to mitigate the effects. It took a few months to fully feel the effect of the product but with time, the daily spray was greatly reducing my congestion and was also very helpful keeping the watering of my eyes at bay. Now with the product being available OTC, it will be much easier for so many others to take advantage of this effective product without having to fork over extra cash for a visit to their doctor.

Freshware KT-406 7-in-1 Onion, Vegetable, Fruit and Cheese Chopper with Mandoline Slicer and Storage Lid
Price: $29.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Timesaver in the Kitchen, December 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't have too many jobs in the kitchen, but the jobs I'm given I like to do to the best of my ability. As our house's resident vegetable slicer, I take great pride in putting out well cut portions. This nifty item has made my life that much easier, as it really is a genius product at a ridiculously low price. If I want diced onions, I cut the onion in half, put it into the grater, and voila, perfectly cut onions. Same goes for all kinds of fruits and cheeses as well. This item is a huge timesaver and has made my mundane job in the kitchen very easy. This way, I can be out of the kitchen in no time and back to staying out of the way of the people who actually know what they're doing in there!

Smart Weigh Body Fat Digital Precision Scale with Tempered Glass Platform, Eight User Recognition, and 440 lb Weight Capacity, Measures Weight, Body Fat, Water, Muscle and Bone Mass

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek Multifunctional High-End Scale, December 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The days of normal scales have come and gone, as technological advances have now impacted the way we keep track of our weight.

The Smart Weigh Body Fat Digital Precision Scale is a nifty item that looks extremely modern while also providing some amazing functionality. If you're not looking for all of the bells and whistles, go ahead and hop on the scale and it will give you the simple number that you're looking for. If you're looking to take advantage of all of the benefits this scale provides, that will require a few minutes programming the scale. Once programmed, the scale can calculate weight, body mass index (BMI), body water, body fat, muscle mass, and bone mass. Another great feature of this scale is that it has the ability to save up to 8 profiles, so it doesn't get all out of whack. I've been using this with three other people so far, some of a very similar weight, and I have not had any issues with it getting mixed up with the others.

Overall, this scale has been a big hit in my house. It looks great and functions very well and has really increased our knowledge regarding weight measuring indicators as we don't only focus on the digits that used to show up on the scale anymore.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20