Profile for Michael Yovkovich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 237

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Yovkovich RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chuggington StackTrack Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set
Chuggington StackTrack Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $43.76

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality & Enjoyable Toy Set, September 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Picture a giant lego set that easily assembles into a trainset and you get to the jist of this latest offering from Chuggington. The set comes with a truck and a train that can both easily maneuver through the tracks. The set also features a breakable bridge, an escalator, and a movable crane. While these features are nice, the real fun here is building the actual track and moving your truck and train throughout the tracks. The functionality on the crane could be better and the bridge could be easier to use as well, but I didn't feel either of these issues took away from the overall great experience this train set provided. Once your child is done playing with the current arrangement, have them take it apart and build it an entirely different way. This toy will keep them occupied for days, I would highly recommend it.

Mead Academie Graphite Sketching Pencils, 12 per Tin (98020)
Mead Academie Graphite Sketching Pencils, 12 per Tin (98020)
Offered by The Humming Bird
Price: $15.66
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set for Drawing Beginners, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's been a while since my last art class, so I was excited to give these sketching pencils a try. First off, there are 12 pencils in total that range from soft to hard, giving you the ability to customize each aspect of your drawing. Make sure to pick up a pencil sharpener if you don't have one, because you will be needing to sharpen these often as keeping the point sharp is essential for precise details. I personally find the harder pencils easier to use and control, and these pencils were very easy and user friendly to pick up speaking as someone who hasn't drawn in quite a while. The softer pencils were a bit more difficult to master for me, but the quality was top notch and more than enough for a beginner to get started with. I would imagine experts may choose to go with a more expensive option, but for my purposes, these pencils did a great job and I was very pleased with the final result.

Oster BVSTKT7098-000 7-Cup Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7-Liter
Oster BVSTKT7098-000 7-Cup Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7-Liter
Price: $35.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Spin on a Kitchen Staple, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I finally was able to retire my trusty water kettle once this new offering came in, and I have been pleasantly surprised with the definite upgrade. First off, this kettle is much more visually appealing than the standard kettle I had been using. The illuminating blue glow is a nice touch and the overall design of the kettle is very modern and sleek. The cord storage option is nice and the 360 degree base makes this kettle very user friendly. I've seen others post that it takes longer to have boiled water with this kettle but I haven't noticed a major difference compared to my old kettle. I've used it to make tea and hot chocolate and have had excellent results so far. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to add a bit of style to their standard kitchen counter lineup.

OXO Knife Block Set, 10-Piece
OXO Knife Block Set, 10-Piece
Price: $76.18
2 used & new from $76.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Starter Set, September 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This knife set was packaged well and received in perfect condition. The box is much slimmer than other knife blocks I've used, and the 9 knives fit nicely into all of the slats. The knives themselves are extremely sharp and did a great job upon first use. So far, my favorite knives to use have been the 8" Chef knife (which I've used to both chop and dice onions) as well as the serrated steak knives which have done a great job cutting through the new york strips I made. The handles feel nice and are easy to grip, and the knives are relatively lightweight for being so sturdy. I would highly recommend this set to anyone looking for a nice set of starter knives.

Moen YG8812CH 90 Degree 12-Inch Designer Grab Bar, Chrome
Moen YG8812CH 90 Degree 12-Inch Designer Grab Bar, Chrome
Price: $82.88
8 used & new from $63.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish & Functional, September 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed upon opening the box and pulling the bar out was the weight and quality of the item. You could tell right off the bat that this was a high quality grab bar with a solid amount of weight to it. While some have complained that 12" just isn't wide enough, Moen also offers additional sizes of 18", 24", and 36" for only a small increase in price.

Assembly and installation was easy, as everything you need is included (with the exception of a stud-finder). I agree with other reviewers that commented that power-drill use is preferable but you could install these with a Phillips screwdriver if you needed to. I have mine hanging vertically and being used as more of a design piece in the shower. It has been helpful when I've dropped things and needed to reach down for them, adding an extra level of stability in a slippery situation.

Overall, very pleased with the item so far. High quality and it looks really nice which is the main reason I picked it up. For those needing the extra support, this is a solid option with stylish qualities as an upside.

Tile Lock Scrabble
Tile Lock Scrabble
Offered by vntgbox
Price: $23.00
31 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Buy With Minor Drawbacks, August 28, 2014
This review is from: Tile Lock Scrabble (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Tile Lock Scrabble Edition is definitely a great bu for the affordable price, but there are a few things about it that may steer you in the direction of spending the extra cash for the Deluxe Edition (which comes with a tabletop spinner and gives you the ability to fit the tiles snugly into individual boxes that hold them fully in place). First, this board is much smaller than the standard Scrabble game and could really be advertised as a travel edition. Additionally, the tile lock feature works, but only to a certain degree, as any bumping of the board can still shake the tiles free of their position. I personally would recommend picking up the deluxe addition if you plan on playing a lot, but if you plan on only playing occasionally or if you'd like to take the game with you when traveling, this tile lock edition is a great option.

Spot it! Hip Card Game
Spot it! Hip Card Game
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting Yet Simple, August 28, 2014
This review is from: Spot it! Hip Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So I had never played the original Spot it! game before giving this Hip edition a try, but that didn't matter at all. This game is extremely easy to play and is a must-have for anyone who throws the occasional party and likes to get everyone engaged with something other than their TV. The game is so simple, for every two cards, there is always a match. Maybe its a mustache, maybe its YOLO, or maybe its the notorious hash tag (#), but there will always be one match. Players race to find the match and the first person to shout it out wins. There are other minigames you can play with this, but the main game is so simple yet fun, I haven't tried any of the other options out yet. Definitely a great game to have around that packs a lot of fun without taking up a lot of space.

Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Price: $13.16
21 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast & Fun, August 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very easy game to play with little to no set-up. I was surprised at how small the box was when the game came in, but when I opened it up, I immediately understood why. This game is nothing more than 30 small dice and 24 playing cards. A few page manual gives you all the instructions you need and you're all set to play. This game is a nice blend of card playing games and dice playing games and is another success story of Kickstarter campaigns. The game itself takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes for groups of 2-4 and can be expanded to groups of 5-8 by purchasing the other set that comes with different colored dice. This is a great game for families or for the occasional party thrower who is looking for a reason to bring people together for a fun game. It has the right blend of skill and luck and has definitely been a great addition to my board game collection.,

LeapFrog AlphaPup Toy, Green
LeapFrog AlphaPup Toy, Green
Price: $19.97
15 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars 18th Month Old's New Favorite Toy, August 24, 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog AlphaPup Toy, Green (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My girlfriend babysits a 18 month-old boy so I figured this Alphabet Pup from LeapFrog would be a great toy to have around the house for him to play with when he comes over. So far, he hasn't been able to put this toy down since we gave it to him. He's been repeating letters and walking the dog and seems to be having the most fun in the world. I will say the Pup is smaller than I expected, but it ends up being a positive since it takes up less space in our storage closet. Other reviewers have commented that the volume is a bit loud, but I didn't find this to be an issue for us. A great educational toy that I would highly recommend for all parents out there.

InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Straightener & Styler, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My girlfriend was very excited to give this new hot brush and flat iron a try. She has naturally frizzy hair, so she has tried several straighteners over the years to get her desired look, with some stylers giving better results than others. She liked the overall lightweight feel, and the way the styler felt in her hand. The styler did a great job overall of making her frizzy hair look silky smooth and super straight, so she was very pleased with it, and if she's happy, I'm happy. She hasn't used it for curling purposes or for anything other than straightening and combing her hair at this point, but I will update the review accordingly when she decides to test those functions out. If you're in the market for a product that does a great job straightening your hair and is very user friendly, this styler is definitely worth picking up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20