Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Librarian > Reviews

Browse

Librarian's Profile

Customer Reviews: 201

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Librarian RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
An Accidental Death: A DC Smith Investigation
An Accidental Death: A DC Smith Investigation
Price: $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and Swwet., March 16, 2016
A must-read series for lovers of British police procedurals with shades of Frost and even the tv series New Tricks. Start here and keep reading and hope Peter Grainger keeps writing.

Swing-A-Way 711BK Comfort Grip Jar Opener, Black
Swing-A-Way 711BK Comfort Grip Jar Opener, Black
Price: $7.86
29 used & new from $4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, January 19, 2016
I've had a chance to use this jar opener a few times and have been very pleased with it. I have not used it on larger lids but I expect it will work just as well on those as it has on the smaller lids I've used it on. It's incredibly east to adjust and has a good grip. So far, it's the best jar opener I've used and I would highly recommend it.

ReadeRest Original Stainless Steel
ReadeRest Original Stainless Steel
Offered by ReadeREST
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hers had the sequins but I decided to go for the plain item as I've had problems with other sequined items--they tend to look sa, January 19, 2016
I ordered this product after meeting someone else and noticing it on her sweater holding her glasses. Hers had the sequins but I decided to go for the plain item as I've had problems with other sequined items--they tend to look sad if the sequins begin falling off. Anyway, this product performs well. It is even fairly easy to adjust the placement. The magents are strong but not overwhelmingly so. Very pleased!

mStand Laptop Stand
mStand Laptop Stand
Price: $42.95
73 used & new from $35.55

5.0 out of 5 stars I found that a 6-inch ruler placed against the raised lip provides the perfect stop to keep the iPad from slipping off, January 19, 2016
This stand has worked perfectly for me. It raises my MacBook to just the right height to use it standing at the counter where I keep it. It allows me to tuck the keyboard underneath, as well as any papers I may be using for works in progress. I also keep the iPad on this stand on top of the MacBook. I found that a 6-inch ruler placed against the raised lip provides the perfect stop to keep the iPad from slipping off. I expect this same solution would work for other laptops that want to slide over the lip.

This is a quality product. If I were going to recommend an improvement, I might suggest something added to the side that you could wrap excess lengths of cords (i.e. mouse cord, etc.) around to keep them out of the way. But I'm not sure that wouldn't create other issues so it might not be an "improvement." It's the old, "Be careful what you wish for," caveat.

Cable Management Sleeve | 5 Pack | 20" Black Cable Organizer Made From Premium Quality Flexible Neoprene | Baltic Living® Cord Organizer
Offered by Baltic Quality™
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $7.11

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality sleeves that can be used singly or combined as needed., December 24, 2015
These high quality cable sleeves were perfect for my situation although they may not meet everyone's needs. I used three of them in a row to contain 3 cables that were exposed along the baseboard in my living room and at risk every time I cleaned the floor. The 3 cables (antenna cable, cable tv cable and a very thin speaker wire) fit nicely in the sleeve and I had no problems with the zippers. I actually preferred the shorter size as, at some point in time, I may want to use the sleeves elsewhere and this length allows for a lot of flexibility in where you can use the sleeves. As always, buyers need to spend some time thinking about their current and future needs for any product they purchase. I think a lot of people will find these sleeves useful. The 5-star rating is based on my expectations when I purchased the product, the quality of the product, and how well the product worked to solve my problem.

Panasonic NE-1022F Stainless 1000W 0.8 Cu. Ft. Commercial Microwave Oven
Panasonic NE-1022F Stainless 1000W 0.8 Cu. Ft. Commercial Microwave Oven

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic microwave that should last., December 21, 2015
I wanted a very basic microwave that would last. We only use the microwave for baking potatoes, heating a cup of water, or popping popcorn. We don't need the bells and whistles that other units have but which also seem to create more issues. We've had this unit for quite awhile now and it delivers. It's well built and serves our rather simple needs. Absolutely no complaints so far.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meter) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical Choice for connecting HDMI equipment, December 21, 2015
Cable works for my purpose of connecting Roku SE to Vizio 1080p E24-C1 hdmi through J-Tech digital cdmi switch. Cable is somewhat stiffer and harder to work with than thinner and more flexible but also more expensive cables. I'm not I would choose this cable if I were going to be connecting/disconnecting the cable a lot. But I think it's a solid and economical choice if you use it for long-term placement.

J-Tech Digital JTD3DSP0301 3-Port High Speed HDMI Switch with IR Wireless Remote and AC Power Adapter
Offered by J-Tech Digital, Inc
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $16.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivers as promised but make sure port layout will work for equipment., December 21, 2015
What switch is connecting:

Vizio E24-C1 smart tv to:

Roku SE
MacBook Air (through Thunderbolt hdmi adaptor

PROS:
1. Switch is small
2. Remote works well
3. Switch performs task well. No problems switching between inputs. All ports functional.

CONS:
1. Layout of ports a bit awkward. With the port that goes to the tv on the side, there are few options for placement as the IR for the remote must have line-of-sight. However, I found a way to make it work for my set-up.
2. Size of the switch is easily overpowered by the weight of the cords. It would be nice if it came with a specifically designed holder, even if optional add-on at higher cost.
3. There is a slight delay when switching but that is to be expected and maybe isn't really a CON at all.

I will update review if anything changes. I've been using the switch for about a week.

UPDATE: I have been using the switch for one month. This morning, when I selected HDMI input on the TV, the TV would briefly show it was connecting to wifi then power off. I attempted several times to go to HDMI input with same results. I then tested the HDMI cable by removing it from the switch port and connecting it directly to the Roku. It worked fine. I then reconnected the HDMI cable to the switchbox and again selected HDMI input on the TV. This time I got a message, "Retrieving data," and the connection was successful. I will update this review again if this happens again. I would like to see the J-Tech people weigh in on why this happened. Before this event, the switch has worked perfectly. I have not changed any of the connections nor moved the switch. I'm a very basic user.

Belkin PureAV HDMI Cable (Supports Amazon Fire TV and other HDMI-Enabled Devices), 4k Compatible, 3 Feet
Price: $20.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking cord that delivers 1080p picture and sound to tv connection., December 21, 2015
So far, this cable has worked very well. It's not quite as flexible or as thin as another Belkin purchased at a retail store but it works for my needs, which is connecting a MacBook Air via a Thunderbolt hdmi adaptor to a Vizio E24C1 hdmi smart tv through a J-Tech Digital hdmi 3-port switch. No complaints so far. The mirror imaging is awesome and the sound, which comes through a headphone-to-headphone jack on the tv to an EcoXGrear portable BT speaker (tv doesn't support BT), is solid also. Will update if that situation changes. Cannot comment on the cable's ethernet performance as I have not tested that element and don't plan to.

AT-A-GLANCE Monthly Wall Calendar 2016, Quick Notes, 13 Months, 15.5 x 22 Inch Page Size (PM5428)
Offered by My office innovations
Price: $25.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for keeping track of all kinds of info., December 21, 2015
We have been ordering this particular calendar for several years now. There's plenty of room to note appointments and the NOTES section at the bottom is great for just about anything you need to keep track of: phone numbers, order numbers, to-do lists, etc. It is large but that is the size we need at our house. I believe it does come in a smaller size with different arrangement of sections.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20