Profile for Ronald L. Bedry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ronald L. Bedry RSS Feed (Pacific Grove, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
In the Night Sky: I Recall a UFO
In the Night Sky: I Recall a UFO
DVD ~ Felix Olivieri

4.0 out of 5 stars UFOs: Fact or Fiction?, May 20, 2014
This book and accompanying DVD reveal more subjective evidence that we are not alone. It is a fun and fascinating romp through this strange phenomenon. No ridiculous claims are made; the many sightings by Hudson Valley inhabitants are presented in an objective manner, leaving much to the reader. For those who wish to enrich their knowledge of what some people have seen and are seeing in the night sky, these items ill hit the bullseye.

New Balance Men's MW576 Velcro Walking Shoe,Black,10 D
New Balance Men's MW576 Velcro Walking Shoe,Black,10 D

4.0 out of 5 stars walking shoes, May 3, 2011
These shoes are comfortable and easy to adjust. My only complaint is that the tongue sometimes slides to one side or the other and has to be readjusted, or else it causes minor abrasion on the top of the foot. For the price, it's as good as it gets.

Earth Under Fire - Humanity's Survival of the Apocalypse
Earth Under Fire - Humanity's Survival of the Apocalypse
DVD ~ Dr. Paul LaViolette
Price: $17.96
13 used & new from $9.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Cosmic dust incursion coming soon!, July 9, 2010
This is a fine companion to Dr. LaViolette's book by the same title. Unlike much pseudoscience in vogue these days, this man's work represents a alternate explanation of the history of planet Earth that is based on sound scientific principles and solid research. It's not a feel-good product, but not necessarily alarmist, either. I think LaViolette says somewhere that he's about 95% sure that a cosmic dust incursion will occur in the next 400 years. Even more interesting is his conviction that the ancient myths of bygone cultures, such as the Mayans and Egyptians, represent encoded warnings for future generations. Truly provocative for the open-minded.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2014 5:16 PM PDT

Solar Powered Dancing Flower - Green
Solar Powered Dancing Flower - Green
Offered by Daily-use Ships From HongKong
Price: $2.51
13 used & new from $2.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Dancing flower, July 9, 2010
This flower has not stopped dancing yet. The one we received as a gift from Bee Happy stopped working after a month. Yet because of our disappointment with the Bee Happy product, I don't want to jinx our new one. So far so good!

Pink Flip Flop Solar Powered Dancing Flower
Pink Flip Flop Solar Powered Dancing Flower
Offered by CAL Mart
Price: $4.85
5 used & new from $4.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Bee Happy Flower, July 9, 2010
Product is cute, but stopped dancing after about a month on the windowsill. Customer service was evasive, never outright admitting that this could be a problem, in a series of futile emails. Since ours was a gift, we couldn't replace it, if we wanted to. I recommend a different company's version of the dancing flower, such as Minya International; we bought one of those and it's been dancing for two months and counting.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2011 11:05 PM PDT

Brahms: The Symphonies [DVD Video]
Brahms: The Symphonies [DVD Video]
DVD ~ J. Brahms
Price: $35.98
35 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Herbert von Karajan and Brahms, April 6, 2010
Brahms' Symphonies are often stretched out too long. To my ears, the true originality of Brahms is in his rhythmic complexities, and Herbert von Karajan succeeds in lending these the emphasis they might otherwise lack with other interpretations. And this legendary dynamic maestro is fun to watch.

Return to The Sacred: Ancient Pathways to Spiritual Awakening
Return to The Sacred: Ancient Pathways to Spiritual Awakening
by Jonathan H. Ellerby
Price: $20.94
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeking God, November 9, 2009
This book was recommended by a friend who is Hindu in her religious orientation. I am a Christian with Buddhist sensibilities, if you will, finding new insights in the Gnostic gospels that open the door to a better understanding of the core message of Jesus Christ. This book shows us what we all have in common while warning us of the pitfalls of taking pride in our spiritual pursuits. I like what Denis Johnson wrote in "Tree of Smoke": "There is only one God, but He has many administrations." "Return to the Sacred" shows us how true this is. If there ever is going to be a harmonious human civilization on this planet, we must return to the basic spiritual teachings of our ancestors while rejecting the claims of organized religions which is precisely what fuels many of the world's conflicts. If we truly understand the Scriptures, we can then transcend the economic and political trappings (which cloak themselves often in religious garb) that reduce humankind to the level of tribal beasts. Love your neighbor, love God...it's that simple! Peace be with you all.

Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Awakening?: A Complete Guide to End-of-Time Predictions
by Geoff Stray
Price: $18.10
124 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Boy Scout Handbook for 2012, October 1, 2009
This book is great for bedside or bathroom reading, as it is jam-packed with short segments of esoteric anecdotes and pseudo-scientific speculation that is sure to raise eyebrows and keep you turning for more, even if you don't necessarily buy into the whole 2012 craze. I think Geoff Stray has an amazing brain, or else he's just a bit crazy, I can't be sure. If you're looking for mainstream science, this is not the book for you. But if you like to let your mind meander into the realm of the collective unconscious and meet beings from other dimensions, or listen to a good scary yarn around the campfire on a starry night, you will find this book very entertaining.

Bruckner: Symphonies 8 & 9 [DVD Video]
Bruckner: Symphonies 8 & 9 [DVD Video]
DVD ~ Bruckner
Price: $11.68
12 used & new from $8.90

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD zones should not be overlooked, October 1, 2009
Like the Brahms symphonies by von Karajan, I couldn't play these wonderful treasures because I unknowingly purchased Zone 4 DVDs which don't work in California. Silly me. Silly Amazon.com for selling them.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2013 3:48 PM PDT

Brahms: Symphonies Nos. 1 & 2 [DVD Video]
Brahms: Symphonies Nos. 1 & 2 [DVD Video]
DVD ~ Brahms
Price: $11.38
14 used & new from $4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD zones should not be overlooked!, October 1, 2009
I have no idea how good the recordings of the Brahms symphonies are, because my DVD player cannot accept the disc, which is "Zone 4". My biggest question is why on earth would Amazon.com, normally a wonderfully efficient marketplace, sell Zone 4 DVDs to ignoramuses like me who just assume they wouldn't do such a thing, and didn't know there was even a difference?
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2013 3:42 PM PDT