Profile for Robert Petkus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Petkus RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Generic Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Replacement for Epson T200XL (4x Black, 2x Cyan, 2x Magenta, 2x Yellow, 10-Pack)
Offered by ECOSUPPLY
Price: $9.60
28 used & new from $9.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Rendered XP-410 Useless, May 1, 2015
I had hoped these inexpensive ink cartridges would save me the expense of the genuine article. Instead they've simply rendered my Epson XP-410 printer useless. The cartridges are recognized and I receive no errors, however, the printer output is garbage. It's either faint and unreadable or banded with inaccurate colors. The heads and nozzles have been checked and cleaned with no improvement. Problem disappears when replaced with genuine cartridges. Waste of money.

API Bottom Feeder Shrimp Pellet, 7.9-Ounce
API Bottom Feeder Shrimp Pellet, 7.9-Ounce
Price: $7.83
7 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish approves, April 14, 2015
This is the only food my 2ft iridescent shark will eat - relishes the stuff. Made in USA. Looking for a large bucket of it. Amazon cheaper than the local pet shops. Recommended.

Broan BP56 8-Inch by 9-1/2-Inch Duct-Free Replacement Filter Pads for Range Hood
Price: $9.18
12 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 2, 2015
I have a really old Broan range hood. I have no idea what model it is but I measured the ancient, disgusting, grease caked filters that had never been replaced by my hands. I found these and they are perfect.

Need for Speed Rivals - Xbox One
Need for Speed Rivals - Xbox One
Offered by JA Wholesale
Price: Click here to see our price
102 used & new from $18.00

2.0 out of 5 stars "You have disconnected from the current game", February 8, 2015
I'm stubborn so when I read negative reviews describing disconnects, loss of state, and lengthy load times, I believe somehow I'll be immune. I mean, some of these reviews are old - certainly EA has responded with updates, right?

The problem is that this game is completely dependent on the cloud (whether you care about multiplayer or not) and their cloud service is horrible. The game constantly disconnects (in the midst of action) forcing a lengthy reconnect process. Sometimes only the audio is present when the game resumes and when the video kicks in you've already driven off a cliff (more loading...). Wreck your car, get busted, drive to the hideout? More loading.

I feel like more time is spent sitting through load and splash screens than in actual game play.

Then there is the loss of state. Spend in-game cash you've earned to buy cool pursuit tech or a decal and the game disconnects? The money is deducted but the items are missing.

It's not me. I have 150/150 Mbps Fios Quantum service and other multiplayer games in my catalog (Destiny, CoD, etc.) work fine. EA has botched this and it's a shame.

I've given the product 2 stars because, when I'm actually playing, the graphics and gameplay are superb. As an Xbox Live subscriber I picked this up during a promotion for twelve bucks with all car packs included. Can only imagine how I'd feel if I'd paid full price for this.

Premium Battery Charger with Car Charger Adapter for Olympus LI-50B Digital Camera & Camcorder
Offered by Theo&Cleo
Price: $5.05
6 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, June 2, 2011
I lost the battery charger for my Olympus point and shoot. I'm so glad I purchased this inexpensive product. I was ready to purchase a similar LI-50B charger at BestBuy for $40 until I found this offering on Amazon from my phone. Since receiving, I've used the charger countless times without fail.

CHICHITEC Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1900 mAh Battery Slim Design Longer life than OEM+Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for EVO Shift 4G,Verizon Droid Incredible 2, Touch Pro2, myTouch Slide, Google DesireZ, G2 by CHICHITEC ONLY BEWARE KNOCKOFF

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, June 2, 2011
The two batteries arrived exactly as described (1900mAh) and were pre-charged. While I haven't had them for long, battery performance is indistinguishable from the original. Based on other reviews, however, I suspect this will not hold true over the life of the product. While swapping batteries requires a reboot and loss of state, I prefer an extra battery over the higher capacity Seido battery that resembles a bulbous lozenge. Lastly, as others have mentioned, the included wall charger is absolutely useless.

SGP STEINHEIL HTC Evo 4G Sprint Screen Protector (Anti Fingerprint)
SGP STEINHEIL HTC Evo 4G Sprint Screen Protector (Anti Fingerprint)
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - would buy again, June 2, 2011
The product perfectly fits the HTC EVO 4G and two protectors come in the pack. Installation does not require the use of liquid.
I was somewhat concerned that the matte finish would dull the luminosity and quality of the screen and waffled between this and the crystal protector. However, the matte finish is perfectly fine and doesn't detract from the experience - be it watching movies or surfing the web. Not having smudges all over the display is nice.

I would buy this product again and again.

Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 K-5 K-5ii K-5iis Digital SLR
Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 K-5 K-5ii K-5iis Digital SLR
4 used & new from $124.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than the imitation, January 26, 2011
When I purchased the Pentax K7, I agonized over which battery grip I should purchase - the Pentax BG4 or the Chinese knock-off available here and on the auction site. I went with the imitation and, never having used the real Pentax, it seemed adequate. But I had issues - the silkscreened button labels rubbed off, the rubber veneer began to peel back, and the wheel and buttons were wobbly and cheap feeling.

After purchasing the Pentax K5, I decided to get this grip - the real Pentax BG4. What a pleasure it was to take this out of the box and wheel it onto my camera. The fit and finish are impeccable and the button/wheel action mirrors the camera's own. It's also worth noting that the rubberized sections have a nicer look and texture. I believe this product will last a long time.

For those on the fence regarding either the genuine or counterfeit grip I recommend the genuine artifact. I sympathize with you regarding the high cost but, then again, you did purchase a $1500 camera.

Final notes:
- The grip is plastic, not magnesium alloy but is tough, well-balanced and feels like the latter.
- The grip is waterproof whereas the imitations are not
- The tripod mount thread is off-center as it is on the imitation.

Victorinox Cybertool Lite Translucent Ruby Multi-Tool
Victorinox Cybertool Lite Translucent Ruby Multi-Tool
Price: $117.99
17 used & new from $117.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Never without it, January 13, 2011
The Cybertool Lite is the best multi-use tool I've owned. I'm an engineer who loves DIY projects. This tool is used almost every day at work (electronics), home (DIY, miscellany), and outside (fishing, camping). For 2 years this knife has lived in my front pants pocket - collecting lint, scratching against coins and keys, and otherwise getting banged around. It continues to look great and function perfectly and I expect it to last a very long time.

I gave my wife a list of (3) CyberTools to select from as a Christmas gift for myself - CyberTool 41, 34, and Lite. I'm glad she chose the Lite - I actually use that little light frequently and it's smartly positioned to beam along the plane of the bit drive. One of the best gifts I've ever received. Thanks, Honey!

*** Update 2015 ***
Same knife still holding out great - even after someone put it in the dishwasher as a "favor" a couple years back.

Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder
Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder
Price: $99.99
41 used & new from $78.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, Cheap Plastic Junk, January 10, 2011
Let me start by saying that all the luminous 5-star ratings are valid within their context. For me, however, the Zoom H1 fell short of my needs.

I wanted a compact digital recorder to record separate audio while using a Pentax K5 DSLR. My objecties were to 1) shoe-mount the H1 when in a pinch, 2) connect an external mic to the H1, 3) connect external balanced mics to a pre-amp connected to the H1. The H1 can do all of these things and doesn't sound half bad even without a limiter.

My problem was the cheap construction. I read about this in reviews but thought, How bad could it be? Indeed, the product image does look attractive and well-made. But in reality the case is cheap, thin plastic - the whole unit creaks and flexes if squeezed tightly - and feels like to would disassemble if dropped. Add to that a plastic hot-shoe thread in the back - several twists with an imperfect line-up will ruin the threads.

So if you're a user like myself who 1) intends on packing their audio recorder in a jostling camera bag filled with stuff and 2) will be mounting and un-mounting fairly frequently, then I suggest a unit with better construction. The Olympus LS-11 would be a good choice and has outstanding sound.

If the budget is limited, however, the H1 probably has the best sound for the money. I would suggest getting a silicone jacket and permanently affixing the H1's hotshoe mount to a quick release tripod plate, either Manfrotto RC2 or Arca-Type.

Good luck.