Profile for Amazonian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazonian "over the top" RSS Feed (Around the World)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Pogoplug Biz Sharing Device, 110V, USB 2.0, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Palm Compatible
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 15, 2015
Does exactly what it says. Use multiple units for multiple cloud deployments.

Cordoba C5 Acoustic Nylon String Classical Guitar with Gig Bag
Cordoba C5 Acoustic Nylon String Classical Guitar with Gig Bag
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $247.15

4.0 out of 5 stars First thing I noticed is the nice workmanship. Very attractive guitar, March 12, 2015
I played one at GC two weeks ago. In search of a new classical. I have 2 now. and want a knock around. First thing I noticed is the nice workmanship. Very attractive guitar. Next the action ... way too high. Third the sound ... not bad, not great. Overall a nice guitar but nothing to get excited about. I was hoping for a broader tonal balance between the lows and highs. Not that this sounds bad, it doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't sound as good as I was hoping, having read the reviews. Still a good value for the $$.

Char-Broil Grill 2 Go Ice Real Tree Edition TRU Infrared Grill
Char-Broil Grill 2 Go Ice Real Tree Edition TRU Infrared Grill
Price: $199.99
13 used & new from $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars ... got one of these (the red one) and I like it. It's not the "hottest" grill on the ..., March 4, 2015
I've got one of these (the red one) and I like it. It's not the "hottest" grill on the market and it has 1 burner, but I wanted something small enough to fit on a small deck and this unit's dimensions fit the bill. I picked mine up for $80 at Dick's Sporting Goods in early spring of last year, but $99 is also a good price. Considering what $99 will buy you it good be what you want. Assembly was not too big of a chore, took me about 20 minutes by myself. I'd recommend you buy the cover if you aren't keeping it in a shed or garage.

The portability isn't important to me since I use a Margaritaville trailer hitch mounted grill for tailgating, but it's nice to be able to roll this into the house and into the basement for the winter.

The "infrared" works really well, surprisingly so. I get very good results with it and the temperature control works well to vary the temp as needed, though I mainly just cook on high.

Tips, preheat the grill until it's good and hot. I've gotten the best results cooking with the top down. I've done steaks, lamb chops, pork chops, bratwurst. Of these, when I cooked the steaks, I cooked them with the top up and was not really pleased with the results, next time I'll try with the top down.

Bristol BD-16 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Bristol BD-16 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Price: $234.06
6 used & new from $225.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but overpriced, February 25, 2015
very nice guitar, but surprisingly overpriced. These are around $200, for this price there are a lot of nice laminated guitars. I would try and catch a Fender DG-60 ON SALE FOR $79.99. I got rid of the BD16 and bought 2 DG-60s at GC for $80 each

Buck Knight Lockback.
Buck Knight Lockback.
Offered by Chicago Knife Works
Price: $46.70

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it along the time. Don't leave home without it., February 15, 2015
This review is from: Buck Knight Lockback. (Misc.)
Great knife. My second one. First one was about 20 yrs. old and was taken by tsa about 10 yrs. ago when accidentally left in carryon. So, be careful to always know where it is. Second one is identical to the first. No quality difference, but pretty costly. Still great value.

D'Addario EJ16-3D Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light, 3 Sets
D'Addario EJ16-3D Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light, 3 Sets
Offered by Best Deal Music
Price: Click here to see our price
48 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Start your acoustic string experience here, January 21, 2015
If you don't know what strings to buy, start with these:
What Brand and Gauge of guitar string comes standard on every Blueridge Guitar?
All Blueridge Guitars, with the exception of 12-string models, come with D’Addario EJ16 Light Gauge Phosphor Bronze strings from the factory.

or these:
standard on Fender DG-60 D'Addario EXP-26 phosphor bronze, gauges .011 to .052

Rogue RD80 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Rogue RD80 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Offered by Music123
Price: $89.99
4 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, December 9, 2014
saw this at Guitar Center and it was a very nice sounding guitar with great playability. On a par with Fender's DG-60 (I have 2 of them) that are going for around $180 but can occasionally be found for $80 new. If you can get the RD60 for $80, that is a better deal, if only because of the brand and materials. I got the RD80 - a display model for a steal. YMMV.

be sure to play it, or any guitar, before you buy it.

I think the specs may be incorrect on Amazon. Not that it makes any difference in the guitar, but Musicians Friend has this description:

FEATURES
Full size dreadnought guitar
Bound blonde basswood top
Mahogany **stained** back and sides.
Nato neck
Bound sonokelin fingerboard
Sonokelin bridge
Chrome hardware

So, I think the back and sides are stained basswood... not sure. In any case it's a laminate guitar that sounds and plays great.

Hamilton Beach 49981A Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach 49981A Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
Price: $39.99
39 used & new from $24.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, fast travel mug or coffee cup single serve, December 3, 2014
It's OK - pretty good coffee. Here are my observations:

Missing water. Yes, some water does go missing, and No, it doesn't just end up in the grounds (although some water does end up there). I just cleaned my Scoop with .5 cup water and .5 cup vinegar using a measuring cup. I repeated the cleaning process 5 times. Here's what happened.
1) First cleaning on Regular, 1 cup of liquid emptied into the measuring cup. Poured the liquid back in to the Scoop
2) Second cleaning on Bold, 1 cup + 2 oz emptied into the measuring cup. Where did those 2 oz. come from?
3) Third - Fifth cleaning, 1 cup + 2 oz each time. How odd is that?

I use 14 oz. cups, and travel mugs, so I fill with coffee up to the point where the black plastic on the scoop meets the stainless steel. Then brew on bold with 100% Arabica beans. It's not a bad cup of coffee.

I've used different amounts, from the recommended amount just up to the first line, to double the amount for a 12 oz cup of coffee and the results can vary. I have not actually tried an 8 oz cup as all my cups are 14 oz.

Fast, quiet, good temperature, convenient, nice size, good quality components. It does satisfy my need for a quick brew or when I don't want to use my De'Longhi DCF2210TTC 10-Cup Drip Coffee Maker or my CBTL Americano, both of which make outstanding flavorful smooth java.

I don't think the BOLD function does much until using a mug size greater than 8 oz.

Fender DG-60 Acoustic Guitar Sunburst
Fender DG-60 Acoustic Guitar Sunburst
Offered by Music123
Price: $99.99
7 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guitar, October 12, 2014
I have a couple dg-60s and they are super nice guitars. My only gripe is that I think the sunburst is pretty ugly. So, I went with the natural. Didn't really care for the black myself, but of course color is entirely a matter of personal preferences. The sunburst is kind of a black to red. If it were more of a vintage sunburst, smoke brown sunburst, I think it would be a killer color. Sort of like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/martin-000-18-golden-era-1937-sunburst-acoustic-guitar or http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EA10VSCH?adpos=1o2&creative=55392785281&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjwzeihBRCQ84bhxrz_0w8SJAAohyh14KaquhResLoElJPnqAfLH96zXnJQESWf1KX5pfKktRoCXRLw_wcB.

ASUS 150Mbps 6 Mode-in-1 Portable Router (WL-330N3G)
ASUS 150Mbps 6 Mode-in-1 Portable Router (WL-330N3G)
2 used & new from $80.70

5.0 out of 5 stars PANTECH UML290 configuration: ENABLE USB MODEM: ENABLE CDMA2000 ..., October 4, 2014
PANTECH UML290 configuration:

In my case, the Router must be plugged into an AC outlet and the USB adapter must be at least 2.0A

Firmware version 1.0.3.3

ENABLE USB MODEM: ENABLE CDMA2000
3G/3.5G USB Adapter: AUTO
LOCATION: USA
ISP: VERIZON

select MORE DETAILS

APN: vzwinternet
DIAL NUMBER: *99***3#

It takes a few minutes for the modem to connect to the internet...

click APPLY