Profile for winegeek > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

winegeek RSS Feed (Cherry Hills Village, Colorado United States)

Always Want
Always Want
Price: $12.24
39 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like Fiona Apple with a nice jazzy alto and unexpected ..., November 16, 2014
This review is from: Always Want (Audio CD)
Sounds like Fiona Apple with a nice jazzy alto and unexpected chord changes. Can't wait to hear more from this artist.

Brooks Men's PureCadence 2 Lightweight Running Shoes, Color: Fiesta/OlympianBlue/Anthracite, Size: 10.0
Offered by Sneaker Kingdom Shoe Shop
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars if you liked the original PureCadence, you'll love these, May 12, 2014
These appear to be on the same last and with the identical sole of the original PureCadence. The new tongue design solves the one big problem that the original PureCadence had, where its tongue slid way over to the side. Now the tongue stays in place. The cushioning and support are the same. Great shoe for flat footed over-pronators. I don't run any more but I'm on my feet for 8 hours at a time at work, and these are the only shoes I can wear a full day without pain. I own them in two colors.

Passing Strange
Passing Strange
DVD ~ Rebecca Jones
Offered by westcoastmedia
Price: $12.93
30 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent capture of the Broadway show, December 20, 2009
This review is from: Passing Strange (DVD)
I saw this film at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival on a big screen. Spike Lee artfully captures the final night's performance of this Broadway show. Excellent camera angles and lighting make Stew's outstanding score and the energetic performances of the actors and singers all that much more enjoyable. Well worth seeing!

Melitta Momentum High Speed Coffee Brewer
Melitta Momentum High Speed Coffee Brewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great coffeemaker if you get one that works, December 29, 2007
Original review 12/29/07:
I've bought two of these Melitta Momentum coffeemakers. I bought the first one to replace an older cheap Melitta that died, and I really liked the fact that the Momemtum very quickly produced pots of very hot coffee, while doing so with fewer beans than my old Meiltta required. Yes, its set-up procedure is a little convoluted and unusual, but you can read directions, can't you? The pot worked flawlessly and I liked it so much that I purchased a second one for a vacation home. My experience with brewer #2 matched the experiences of another reviewer here. I set it up, brewed its first pot of coffee, and after making its first pot, the thing shut off and would never turn back on. I boxed it up and took it back to the store, expecting to exchange it but they were sold out. So here I am on Amazon ordering Momentum #3 to replace Momentum #2. Hopefully #3 will work as flawlessly as Momentum #1 continues to do, because these are really nicely-featured coffeemakers for the money... when they work.

Postscript added 1/9/08:
Momentum #1 died this week. Like the other one, it just shut off one day and never turned back on. I got about 3 months worth of use out of it before it became the newest resident of my neighborhood landfill. Momentum #3 that I ordered through Amazon arrived promptly, and so far, it's working fine at the vacation home. We'll see how long it lasts -- I don't have my hopes set too high given my experiences with the other two.