Profile for Christopher Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher Johnson RSS Feed (South Carolina)

Page: 1 | 2
WWE: Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's Series
WWE: Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's Series
DVD ~ Hulk Hogan
22 used & new from $2.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Hulk Hogan!, November 8, 2011
Having completed the progression of Hulk Hogan fandom (LOVE him, HATE him, and finally respect and enjoy him)I find this set to be great.

It includes some more of his WCW work, a great match with Vader and so on. It also includes some lesser seen WWF stuff.

This set is fantastic really, Hogan is a great showman, and possibly more charismatic than any other performer ever. I have a great respect for what he accomplished in the business, and I really have a great love for his work. There is something of a mix of nostalgia, solid work, and larger than life characters that really accomplishes what wrestling should accomplish.

I suggest this set to anyone in the first or last stage of Hogan fandom. For anyone in the middle, skip it.

Practical English Usage
Practical English Usage
by Michael Swan
Price: $45.45
54 used & new from $25.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool., November 8, 2011
This is a tool that any english teacher should have close at hand. It deals with almost all of those weird issues of our pidgen-like language in detail.

I have found this to be an invaluable resource.

The Big Lebowski - 10th Anniversary Limited Edition
The Big Lebowski - 10th Anniversary Limited Edition
DVD ~ Jeff Bridges
3 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Abide!, November 8, 2011
Great movie. Great set!

Grab yourself a caucasian, light a J and enjoy this awesome film.

I can honestly say this is one of my favorite films of all time, and everyone should give it a shot.

The Complete Stories
The Complete Stories
by Flannery O'Connor
Price: $11.56
193 used & new from $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Collection., November 8, 2011
This review is from: The Complete Stories (Paperback)
This collection of short stories is one of the best around. O'Connor had a real gift for prose, and she displayed it beautifully in her grotesque pictures of life. This contains all of her short stories, and all of them are worth a read. I would highly recommend this to every person who loves to read.

Pokemon HeartGold Version
Pokemon HeartGold Version
Offered by Delaware
Price: $127.95
142 used & new from $37.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, and fun, but when will this Gimmick grow up?, November 8, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Pokemon was an indelible part of my childhood. I loved the originals, the sequels (Yellow, Gold, Silver) But then they made the new ones for Gameboy Advance and sort of ruined the whole thing.

They added way too many new pokemon, and most of the designs they came up with were lazy and uninspired. It just became a chore to be a fan of the series.

Then Diamond and Pearl came out...much to my chagrin we received even more ridiculous designs mixed in with some good ones.

But through all of these games, this one included (and I have played them all: Blue, Yellow, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, and now Heart Gold), I have found that Pokemon has lost me. They haven't grown at all! While other gaming franchises like Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, etc. grow and change and try out new elements and ideas Pokemon just gets slightly better graphics, and nothing more.

And HeartGold is beautiful! Fantastic to look at and play through a real joy to relive, but it is just a reminder that the franchise that has been around for nearly 2 decades has not grown out of its four moves/6 pokemon roots AT ALL! Every aspect of the game has been just about exactly the same since Gold and Silver. Yes they have tweaked the battle mechanics a bit, but we need something new, something interesting! I mean even Dragon Quest Monsters (a horrid franchise) is looking more interesting than Pokemon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2012 8:24 PM PDT

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Three-Disc Collector's Edition + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Ben Barnes
Offered by Super Fast DVDs
Price: $24.99
16 used & new from $5.63

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't love this one, November 8, 2011
I really enjoyed the first film. I feel like this one lost the beauty and magic a little bit.

I think if you are a completist you will want this set though. Since it has some good extras.

WWE: Macho Madness - The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection
WWE: Macho Madness - The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection
DVD ~ Randy Savage
Offered by Rays of Light
Price: $24.95
15 used & new from $4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars What a set!, November 8, 2011
I have been waiting for a long time for a Macho Man set, and this one is fantastic. I am truly hoping this is just a cursory glance and they plan to release more sets of his work. I am one of the few people I know who readily admits his love of Macho (and Hogan's) WCW work, so I would love to see more of that.

But for now, this is a fantastic look at Macho Man's career, and really highlights some of his best matches.

TNA Wrestling: Enigma - The Best of Jeff Hardy
TNA Wrestling: Enigma - The Best of Jeff Hardy
DVD ~ Jeff Hardy
16 used & new from $5.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Ehhhh Hardy is interesting, November 8, 2011
Interesting set, TNA has always been hit or miss to me, and so is this set. Hardy is a very charismatic guy and that carries most of his matches into at least a rewatchable category. So I would say if you are a fan of Hardy's, a fan of TNA, or a person with unlimited disposable income, buy it.

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - Nintendo DS
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - Nintendo DS
Offered by Hooktown Games
Price: $79.81
24 used & new from $38.00

4.0 out of 5 stars What a game!, November 8, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I received Dragon Quest IX a year ago as a gift, and when I finished it I was so in love with the idea of Dragon Quest that I started doing research.

I of course found out that Nintendo had re-released two of the older Dragon Quests on the DS (IV and V) so I snatched up IV and began my quest.

Boy was it difficult. Having never played an RPG other than Dragon Quest IX I had to learn all the basics. But what an enjoyable experience. I would suggest any fan of RPG's to play Dragon Quest IV it was a fantastic game. I loved all the vibrant characters, I enjoyed the light storyline, the monsters are all interesting.

Just a great game.

Flyboys (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Flyboys (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ James Franco
Offered by whateverforsale
Price: $17.32
76 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a great film, but we really enjoyed it., November 8, 2011
This is a film that suffers from that romanticism and history changing problem most big Hollywood blockbuster's fall into. But being a romantic myself, and not much of a historian, I personally enjoyed the film for what it was. An inoffensive and even enjoyable piece of cinema.

Certainly wouldn't appease everyone, I suggest renting it first.

Page: 1 | 2