Profile for Deb F. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Deb F. "Debbie Field" RSS Feed (Austin, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Reef Grom Phantom Sandal (Infant/Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid), Black/Red, 9/10 M US Toddler
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Heel strap breaks, April 25, 2015
These fit great and look very nice, but the first time on, the heel strap broke within 2 minutes (literally). I exchanged them for another pair and today after about 5 short wears, again the heel strap is tearing. These are not too small; I just think there's a flaw with the elastic used. I guess I wasted my money for 5 wears. Unfortunate, because my son loved them and they look cute on him.

Carters Super Soft Bumper, Chocolate (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Carters Super Soft Bumper, Chocolate (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bumpers but makes it hard to change sheets, March 16, 2011
I did not originally order bumpers with the crib bedding because of warnings. However, when our little guy started rolling over in his sleep, we started having issues with him getting his arms stuck between the slats (we still swaddle, so luckily no legs were trapped). I asked our pediatrician what to do and he said that since our baby was able to roll and raise/move his head with ease, bumpers (not too poofy!) would be OK. I was still nervous about suffication possibilities, but I didn't want him to hurt his arms or interrupt his great sleep habits either. So I ordered this bumper because we already had the matching changing pad cover and loved the color and fabric on that (the brown is a great, rich chocolate shade). I'm very pleased with how this is made: extremely soft fabric, but not too poofy and plenty of ties to keep things snuggly in place. My only complaint is that the bumper is just thick enough that I cannot get the mattress past the bumper for changing the sheets. This means I have to untie the entire thing every time! It is a real pain...to the point that I removed the bumper one night, which resulted in our little one waking when his arm went between the slats. So I put it back in and am hoping that perhaps the problem will improve when the lower the mattress (will do this when he starts sitting up and then again when he stands) and there is more space between the bottom of the bumper and the top of the mattress. In the end, it is worth the pain since it allows him to sleep comfortably.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 7:48 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, March 16, 2011
I received this blanket as a baby shower gift, along with countless others. However, this one ended up being a stand out! In fact, I bought another one after I saw how much we were using it once the little man arrived. The size and shape are so much better than the standard rectangular type that you often see. This one makes it easy to swaddle, and with the instructions right on the tag, even first-time parents like us will get the hang of swaddling right away. It washes well and is large enough to also serve as a carrier cover when little one is sleeping while we're out and about. It is nice and thick, so we used it a lot more in the fall and winter, but I think it will continue to serve as a nice little blanket for years to come.

Little Me Layette Footie, Monkey Stripe, Ivory
Little Me Layette Footie, Monkey Stripe, Ivory
Price: $7.78 - $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wears well!, March 16, 2011
Very soft and cute. It washes quite well and with a little stain-release spray, has survived several diaper blow outs. The 6 month size worked well from about 3.5 months until 6 months, so it might run a little small but worked out great for us. I love these types of sleepers as they are easy to put on with the snaps running all the way down and on both legs.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ready to hit the greens!, March 16, 2011
These socks are adorable -- we get so many compliments when my little man wears them. Daddy loves them, too, since he is an avid golfer. The colors match so many of his outfits, and they stay on a lot better than some of the other socks we've tried. They wash well (I just throw them in a little mesh laundry bag so none are lost), and so far they fit him great. He is 6 months now and I don't know that they are going to last until 12 months as indicated, but we've gotten so much wear out of them so far that it was definitely worth the cost.

Fisher-Price Zen Collection Cradle Swing
Fisher-Price Zen Collection Cradle Swing
Price: $201.09
7 used & new from $177.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish they made one for adults!, March 16, 2011
We've used this swing since day one and now 6 months later, it is still a mainstay in our household! I love that it plugs in so we aren't having to worry about constant battery changes. And the side to side option is a big hit with my little man. He looks so comfortable when he is in it. It seems to calm him right away and is great for naps. The built in blanket is a nice added touch. The colors fit in with our living room decor, so it doesn't seem so blantantly "baby." You can hear the motor, but it isn't offensive to us and now I hardly notice it at all. Thank goodness the cover is washable...we've had a few situations for which spot cleaning wouldn't have been nearly enough. Because the assembly instructions are a little vague, we did end up with the legs on backwards and it seemed nearly impossible to correct that. So I just ended up using nail polish remover and a little elbow grease to remove the warning label that is printed on there. The music doesn't go very loud, but I think it is just fine for the baby to hear right over his head. My only two suggestions would be to make the underside of the mobile more interesting and add some automatic movement to it; also the straps are pretty much built into the frame once you assemble, making washing them a challenge (one of the aforementioned situations required strap cleaning, too!). So I ended up having to handwash them while still on the frame. Overall, those are small issues in comparison to the hours of sleep and enjoyment this swing has given our entire household.

Ritelite LPL792XLB Wireless 5-LED Touch-On USB/Battery-Operated Computer/Book Light
Price: $11.19
7 used & new from $10.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading light, but goes through batteries quickly, December 14, 2010
I love this light for reading in bed at night while my husband sleeps, or for using the USB function to light the keyboard on my laptop. It puts off a really good amount of light without being too bright...much better than any others I have used. I have a metal-based lamp on my night stand, so that works out great to use the magnet feature for attaching this light to the base for storage when not in use. One other function that I've recently found is as a flashlight/nightlight when my newborn son makes noise in his bassinet, but I don't want to turn on the bright overhead light. My only complaint is that is really goes batteries quickly, but I read in bed for about 30 min to an hour every night plus the previously mentioned baby use, so perhaps I just use it a lot and thus the batteries wear out! I really don't mind having to buy new batteries given the quality of the light. My husband liked mine so much, he bought one for himself. I've had it for about a year now and it still works wonderfully.

Booginhead Pacifier Holder, Blue/Green/White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Booginhead Pacifier Holder, Blue/Green/White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Modern Goods
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Gum Drop pacifiers, December 14, 2010
The Gum Drop pacifiers that we use don't have the standard ring for attaching a holder. This holder solved that problem! It has held up well for the three months we've been using it since my son was born. I also like the length...long enough so I have options for attaching, but not too long to get tangled. I often hook it on the carseat straps so his pacifier doesn't get lost in the car on road trips.

Ju-Ju-Be Paci Pod Pacifier Holder, Brown/Champagne
Ju-Ju-Be Paci Pod Pacifier Holder, Brown/Champagne

5.0 out of 5 stars A diaper bag "must have", December 14, 2010
I bought this on a whim before my son was born...so glad I did! It has made life much easier. Holds his Gum Drop pacifiers perfectly (two fit with ease and I could probably squeeze in another if I had to). It keeps them protected, but easily accessible. The pod is well-made, doesn't show stains and easy to open with one hand. The elastic bands inside are great for securing the pacifiers so they don't fall out when you open it. I also used this to hold a nipple shield that I had to use when I first started breastfeeding and my baby was having latch problems.

Tiny Love Sweet Island Dreams Mobile
Tiny Love Sweet Island Dreams Mobile
Price: $44.98
34 used & new from $42.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Great once it finally started working!, December 14, 2010
My husband assembled this upon receipt, but it only played music and didn't have any movement. I called the manufacturer directly as indicated on an insert accompanying the assembly instructions. I received a prompt return call and the customer service representative asked me to try a few fixes while she waited on the phone. None of her suggestions worked, so she said she would send me a replacement part for what she thought was the faulty piece. I received that part within a week, but still no movement! I called back and was told that they would try sending a different replacement part. This time it took two weeks for me to receive that part, but it worked. I was frustrated that it took three weeks to get a working mobile, given how quickly babies grow at this age. But, my two month old loved the mobile once we installed it on his crib. We've been using it for a few weeks now and he still seems very entertained. We are happy with the end result and were pleased with the response of customer service, I just wish the replacement parts had arrived a little sooner or it would have worked the first time.

Page: 1 | 2