Profile for RyanD. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RyanD. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
AutoSmart KL-25105C-R Red Flush-Mount LED Stop/Turn/Tail Light with Clear Lens
AutoSmart KL-25105C-R Red Flush-Mount LED Stop/Turn/Tail Light with Clear Lens
Price: $14.75
3 used & new from $9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great - Need ground connection.., February 27, 2014
Overall a great purchase and easy to install.

If you buy this and plan to install it in a Jeep, here are some items you will want to consider purchasing if you haven't already:
1. 4 1/2" hole saw (or something to cut the large hole in your vehicle)
2. At least six sheet metal scews (i used either #5 or #6 can't remember) to screw the LED light to the body. (pre-drill the holes accordingly)
3. Reverse lights (I replaced my YJ's old boxy style that had reverse lights built in).
4. Highly recommend some type of paint to inhibit rust around the large hole you just created in your body.

Pro's - light weight, simple design. Easy to install. Looks amazing because it's different from other peoples 'red' tail lights.

Con's - need screws (sheet metal screws or...?), no wiring diagram included.

Off of the LED light:
WHITE = Ground
BLACK = Tail/Running
GREEN = Brake

Off the (92' YJ) jeep wire harness:
Green / Black stripe = Brake
White = Tail/Running
White / Black stripe = Reverse lights
(NO GROUND off my wiring harness)

Simple trick to find what your wiring harness is: After you have pulled the old tail light out, turn on the flashers and running lights, ground the LED light and use the black wire to test different wires in the harness/plug.

I had to find/create a ground connection for the LED lights somewhere near the light. On the plus side, once you have drilled your 4 1/2" hole, there is plenty of room to get some extra tools in there to put in a bolt or loosen some existing bolt for the grounding attach point.

I installed the LED's downstream of the factory quick disconnects that were installed with the factory tail lights. That way i could use the disconnects anytime I needed to take the light out. Be sure to put a quick disconnect on the 'Ground' wire from the LED I've heard of people using the wires on the 'Jeep' side of the plug but I wouldn't have had enough room to pull wires in and out for cutting and such, this would also make it hard to quickly remove the taillights...

Good luck / Enjoy!

U.S.Divers Admiral Lx / Island Dry Lx / Trek / Travel Bag,Electric Blue,Large (Men (10-13),Women (11.5-15.5))
Offered by Bay 15
Price: $54.95
3 used & new from $49.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, December 24, 2012
Took these with me to Hawaii, found them in a local store for $85!! Glad i bought these on amazon before my trip... They worked great!
Three things I would mention:
1. Make sure you have the snorkel on the correct side (had it backwards the first time i tried to use it, oops!)
2. The goggles will fog up (buy some anti-fog spray for under $5)
3. The fins were a slightly tight but otherwise they worked great. I have size 12 shoe (slightly wider than normal feet) and they started to be only slightly uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so. I read other reviews that talked about putting them in hot water to stretch them out, I didn't do it and kind of wish I did.

I snorkeled 5 out of 7 days while in Hawaii, and I was extremely happy that i bought these. Great price, great all-in-one no hassle kit. Everything was easily adjustable and nothing broke.

Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display
Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display
Offered by T.R.G.
Price: $58.00
54 used & new from $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 28, 2012
I play all kinds of games (AION, Black Ops II, Guild Wars, Boarderlands 2 etc...) I have saved profiles for each one and there is no problems switching between each one.

I also have the G510 (keyboard) G930 (headphones) and G400 (mouse) and the profiles saved can be used on all of these products (not sure about the headphones because nothing changes on them between the games).

One thing to note, after getting pissed off in Black Ops II I repedidly slammed my hands down on the G13 in a fit of rage... It messed something up with the settings so all I had to do was reboot the computer and then it worked great. (Also provided me with some time to cool down).

So even abused this thing still works great!! LOL!!!!

Disney, Secret of the Wings
Disney, Secret of the Wings
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hate this movie... but my kid likes it so...., November 28, 2012
I'm not really into ferries... but my kid loves this movie (we've seen it 10 times already) Good Movie the first time, I'm just jaded now.

Accell B087B-006B UltraAV Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Single-Link Active Adapter ATI Certified (Black)
Offered by LLYtech
Price: $28.39
54 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 28, 2012
I have no complaints... it works as designed as an active display port - needed this for an Eyefinity display set up, I have a DVI, HDMI, and this (Mini DisplayPort) connected to 3 x 24" monitors. Works great!

Genius TwinWheel F1 Vibration Feedback F1 Racing Wheel for PS2 and PC
Genius TwinWheel F1 Vibration Feedback F1 Racing Wheel for PS2 and PC
Offered by Toys.Online
Price: $91.18
3 used & new from $51.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., November 28, 2012
This is my first racing wheel, I wanted to get something that my son could use for some kiddy type racing games. (I also wanted to use it for Dirt 3 and Need for Speed 2: Unleashed.)

First off there is almost ZERO support for this product, the company website is a joke. I have a few Logitech products and they are all (for the most part) plug and play so I was hopping for the same with this. The problem is that most games won't recognize this controller out of the gate so you have to go in manually and set up the controls. The path to figure this out was long and frustrating, and filled with lot's of Google searches... Finally out of frustration I returned to Amazon and read the reviews.

READ THIS FIRST!!! There is a review posted by: "ChicksHateMe" titled: "So MUCH Potential" on July 12th, 2012

It will save you a lot of grief / time!

So now I've started to play a few games with it (after mapping the controls) and it works 'ok'. Keep in mind this is a $34 steering wheel... so you get what you pay for...

All in all for a casual gamer that doesn't mind a little extra work to set up - this is good enough. If your really into racing games... look elsewhere.

Corsair Vengeance  16GB (2x8GB)  DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Price: $96.99
92 used & new from $96.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RAM but Stupid Windows 7..., November 28, 2012
So I've got 32GB of ram now (overkill i know) but windows 7 Home premium doesn't support 32GB, it only goes up to 16GB...
Silly me, I didn't do enough research before buying but I'm ready to upgrade to Win 7 Pro now (not sure about Win 8 yet...)

It works great, no problems. I enjoy gaming and this is the first set up that I plan on overclocking no issues now (no overclocking now either) but I'll re-post if i have any issues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 12:59 PM PST

Deluxe Triple Monitor Stand Free Standing Supports up to 3 28"(002-0020)
Deluxe Triple Monitor Stand Free Standing Supports up to 3 28"(002-0020)
Offered by EasyMountLCD
Price: $350.00
3 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty!, November 28, 2012
It took me about 20 minutes to put this together, I could have done it faster but I was watching TV during the project.
It is defiantly heavy duty, it feels very strong and is defiantly able to hold my 3 24" monitors.

The hardest part about putting this together was when mounting the two arms to the center stand, the drilled holes were a bit tight so when screwing in the arms the last screw was tough to put in, but manageable.

The top grommet cover isn't large enough to hold 6 cables (3 power cables and 3 DVI cables) The center cut out needs to be cut out a bit more so I left it off. I have ordered two new cables (Mini Display port to DVI) and i hope the smaller diameter cable will be able to fit in the grommet.

You are provided two reusable zip ties that you can place one on each arm for cable management, it would be nice to have some additional cable management options. The factory power cables for the monitors (i think 4') are barely enough to feed through the arms and down/out of the center pole so i had to move my power strip to just behind the stand. If you don't mind this then it will work for you, but i would recommend ordering some longer power cables for your monitors to ensure enough distance if you want to place the power strip on the floor behind or move it off to the side. The same goes for the video cables. I have my computer on top of the desk near the monitor stand but if you want to have the computer below the desk or off to the side you may want to purchase cables greater than 8' (10' -12') should do the trick.

The center monitor sticks out a bit far for my comfort, I was hoping to have more of an 'Arc' to my set up. Once mounted the monitors are very easy to adjust (tilt, rotate, angle). Sometimes almost a bit too easy.

This also comes with an additional bolt that can be threaded up through the bottom (you have to have a hole drilled into your desk). I didn't install this because it feels solid enough with out it and i didn't want to drill into my desk... =)

This is a great stand and will work well with a three monitor setup, just make sure you have enough room, it's big and heavy...

I love Eyefinity set up - sooooo much fun to game now!

Car Mount, iOttie Easy One Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7)/ 5s/ 5c/4s, Galaxy S4/S3//S2. HTC One-Retail Packaging-Black
Price: $19.99
24 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Skeptical but Impressed, November 28, 2012
I was reading the reviews about this and I was a bit skeptical about it's ability to hold to an uneven surfaces but I'm happy to say that this has surpassed my expectations.
I have this mounted on the right side of the center console (next to the passenger's left knee) on an uneven and rough-ish surface. Had it roughly a month now and it hasn't fallen off or lost it's hold. I haven't babied it when mounting or un-mounting my phone, it feels like more of a hard mount (drilled) rather than sticky suction cup.

Works great - defiantly worth the money!!

Armitron Sport Men's 408159BLK Chronograph Black Strap Digital Display Watch
Armitron Sport Men's 408159BLK Chronograph Black Strap Digital Display Watch
Price: $26.24
4 used & new from $24.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and comfortable, November 28, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Nylon / Velcro straps but i'm impressed as to how comfortable this watch is. I thought that flexing my hand back would hurt because of the size, but it doesn't - it feels great.

Page: 1 | 2