Profile for Jennifer Lachman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Lachman RSS Feed

The Machine of Doom (Skylanders Universe)
The Machine of Doom (Skylanders Universe)
by Cavan Scott
Price: $5.39
162 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Is Reading For Fun!, September 7, 2012
I saw this book and thought it might interest my son who is a huge fan of video games but rarely ever reads anything unless he has to. The day that I got it I just set it in his room and forgot about it. He saw the book after school and picked it up right away to start reading. He was so excited he kept coming out to tell me about spell punks and other creatures. I have never seen him so excited about reading before. I hope they make more Skylander books.

One Second After
One Second After
by William R. Forstchen
Price: $14.39
145 used & new from $2.11

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspired and Overly Political, June 18, 2012
This review is from: One Second After (Paperback)
I generally love stories on this subject matter but this one was such a huge disappointment. The writing style was bland and uninspired. The characters were completely one dimensional particularly the main character. Beyond that the novel pushes a political theme that keeps you from getting absorbed in the story. Constantly throughout the book we are reminded that the government has not done enough to prepare for the disaster and that the author feels the country is week on defense. There is one instance long before the EMP where two young boys solve there differences with guns and are considered "Good Ole Boys" for doing it. The "good ole boy" title seems to apply to every well-to-do character in the book where as the poor characters are portrayed as hippies who "have no idea how to survive without a society that supports them even as they curse and rebel against it." I should have known as soon as I read the forward written by Newt Gingrich but I decided to give the book the benefit of the doubt. Big waste of time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 4:55 PM PST