Profile for Laurie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laurie "Laurie" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
All About You  (Love & Hate series #1): romantic suspense new adult and bad boy college romance
All About You (Love & Hate series #1): romantic suspense new adult and bad boy college romance
Price: $1.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Held promise...but it wasn't for me., June 28, 2015
HOW CAN YOU BE ON A ROWING TEAM WITHOUT KNOWING HOW TO SWIM?!?!

The plot was too tedious and the main girl was too annoying. The ending surprised me- but not enough to get me to pick up the sequel.

ATTRACTION: Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis Series Book 1)
ATTRACTION: Elements of Chemistry (Hypothesis Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., June 28, 2015
This book was just OK. Some people adore this series, but its a bit fluffy for my taste. I did, however, like the fact that main female character was intelligent and funny.

Nine Minutes
Nine Minutes
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book! This is a great "biker" book that ..., June 28, 2015
This review is from: Nine Minutes (Kindle Edition)
Amazing book! This is a great "biker" book that doesn't go crazy overboard with darker themes...this is mostly due to the fact that it's written like a memoir by the girl who is abducted. The ending was INSANE!

I am eagerly awaiting its sequel.

The Blood & Roses Series Box Set
The Blood & Roses Series Box Set
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series!, June 28, 2015
This whole series is awesome! I read the first book over a year ago now and I'm so happy I did! Callie Hart is one of my favorite authors now!

I would classify this series as "dark romance" due to some of the themes in it... so if that's your thing I would definitely recommend this series!

The Mermaid & The Crocodile (The Kill List Series Book One)
The Mermaid & The Crocodile (The Kill List Series Book One)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Eddie turns out to be a perfect gentleman and basically worships her, February 22, 2015
The Mermaid and the Crocodile follows Berty, a young woman who has just learned of her father’s untimely death. She returns to her childhood home knowing that her father’s life mission has now become her own. Her entire childhood was eclipsed by her father’s obsession with finding her mother’s murders and making them pay for her death. Berty knows she can never live her own life until she finishes what her father started. He leaves behind a "kill list" for her with names of those her father found to be responsible. She decides her way in is through the ringleader’s son: Eduardo Valdez. When she finally tracks him down, Berty does some recon to size up her opponent.

Things become complicated when Eddie takes a fast (and I do mean fast) interest in Berty when he catches her watching him at a local casino. He’s the type of man who doesn’t take no for an answer. So he pursues her until Berty finally gives in and agrees to go out with him. Unfortunately for Berty, Eddie turns out to be a perfect gentleman and basically worships her. She realizes that she’s falling for him too…but that just complicates things further.

I really enjoyed this story overall. I liked Berty’s character a lot and the suspense of the plot kept extremely interested. 4 stars! It was a little back and forth for a while in the middle there, but I found the majority of the book to be really entertaining (especially the last couple chapters) and I will definitely be reading the sequel!

Call Me Grim
Call Me Grim
Price: $3.03

4.0 out of 5 stars ... over the place but I thought this book was great! First off, February 16, 2015
This review is from: Call Me Grim (Kindle Edition)
I apologize if this review seems all over the place but I thought this book was great! First off, I was instantly intrigued by the synopsis – a Grim Reaper PNR of sorts? Sign me up!

This story follows 17 year-old Libbi who is soon to be embarking on that time period in life where everything is geared towards your future: scholarships, getting into college, etc. And Libbi is definitely looking forward to it. Until one day when she meets Aaron. Aaron mysteriously shows up at her art show exhibit and Libbi can’t help but be a little creeped out by him…especially when he starts saying some rather ominous things to her.

Libbi brushes off the strange encounter until the boy comes looking for her in school the very next day. She tries to avoid him, but he’s insists that she speak with him. She insists that he piss off.

Aaron tells her that he wants to save her life and asks Libbi not to cross the street. While arguing with him, two cars collide exactly where Libbi was about to cross. Long story short- Aaron explains that he is a Grim Reaper and since he saved Libbi’s life, she has to make a choice: take over for him as a Reaper and be invisible to the living for the rest of her life…or die at the exact same time tomorrow.

I know a book is good when I feel genuinely conflicted as a reader as to what I would decide if I were to switch places with Libbi. I had that feeling quite a bit throughout the story. Would I choose to die? Or would I watch over my family/friend but never be able to reach out or talk to them again?

This story was completely different for me. I’ve never read a book with this kind of premise before and it was very well done. The characters read like high school characters, but they weren’t annoying or overly immature. I liked them all! The writing was done well and the plot was unique and clever.

I really enjoyed this story! I can’t wait to read the next book when it comes out!

Tiger Lily
Tiger Lily
by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Price: $7.72
69 used & new from $3.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with book plot...however disappointed with Amazon., February 28, 2014
This review is from: Tiger Lily (Paperback)
I haven't read this book yet, but I've heard great things and I can't wait to read it.

My lower rating comes from the condition in which it arrived. This book is supposedly "new" from Amazon. However, both the front and back cover of this book have a crease in them - like they had been folded and then fixed. And since it's a paperback, the covers now look damaged which I HATE! If I pay for a new book, then it should therefore look new and undamaged.

I'm not going to send it back because like I said, I really do want to read it...but I'm not happy with this order fulfilled through Amazon and that is a first for me. :/

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $14.39
1423 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a stand in, January 28, 2014
This book is a little more worn than I would normally like and it has no dust jacket, but I only paid a little over $8 for it (although it was $12 with shipping), so I really can't complain.

Haier HWF05XCK 5,000K BTU Room Air Conditioner
Haier HWF05XCK 5,000K BTU Room Air Conditioner
3 used & new from $120.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes!, July 11, 2012
I'm writing this review to help out those who might be experiencing the same problems I was- mosquitoes! The AC itself works fine, but after installing it in my window, I started to realize that I had TONS of mosquitoes in my room (and they LOVE me for some reason). After a few nights of chalking it up to a fluke, I thought maybe I didn't plug up all the openings in the window. So I went out and bought more foam insulation, heavy duty duct tape, and adjusted the AC again. This also didn't help. It was so bad that I had to go to bed doused in insect repellent! I finally decided to tape a trash bag over the AC to block off any possible entry, and lo and behold....NO mosquitoes! I plan on taking this AC back ASAP and getting something else. I'd rather sweat my butt off than be eaten alive! I don't recommend this product.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture is inaccurate., February 26, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought these stamps thinking that it would include stamps of both the front and the BACK of the coins. However, when I opened the package I found only the face side of the coins. I can work with it so it's fine, but I thought I would write this review so others are aware that you do NOT get stamps of the tail side of these coins like the product picture leads you to believe....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2012 9:45 AM PDT