Profile for M. Taylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Taylor "Michael Taylor" RSS Feed (Osaka, Japan)

A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar
A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar
by Mitio Tutui
51 used & new from $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars They are the absolute best, most well thought-out books, September 14, 2014
I'm waiting for this series to be made available in electronic form. Please!!! They are the absolute best, most well thought-out books!

Suunto Core Watch
Suunto Core Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as hard CORE as I expected., April 7, 2012
This review is from: Suunto Core Watch
I purchased this item new I guess in 2009. Within the first week just wearing it around the house, I bumped/brushed it against a door jamb and incurred a very long gash line across the face of the watch. It wasn't even a hard hit. I was amazed and pissed at how easily it scratched! I don't remember exactly when, but some time later the compass stopped working and then the watch died all together. I replaced the battery to no avail and shelfed the watch for some time. I pulled it out after a long time and decided to give it another shot so I purchased yet another battery and to my amazement, the watch came to life but the compass did not function. Then one day the compass decided to function and I thought all was well in the world. Well, the compass would function only about 20% of the time, otherwise it was blank. I thought, "Well, at least I still have the watch feature." Not! About two months later and the watch has decided to die all together again. I'm going to try one more battery and if it doesn't work - I'm sending it back to SUUNTO and they can fix it, replace it or shove it! Considering they make such good looking pieces, it's a shame they are too delicate that they scratch at the first little bump and then fail to function properly. I guess I got the 1 in a thousand lemon.

Return of the Antichrist: And the New World Order
Return of the Antichrist: And the New World Order
by Patrick Heron
14 used & new from $137.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Bible versions..., May 7, 2011
Mainly, I enjoyed the concepts put forth, however, I have a huge problem with the use of both the NIV and KJV of the bible to support the author's theories. And yes, it matters. Words matter and anyone who takes the time to research will understand the authorized KJV is the only trustworthy English bible. Do the research on your own. Don't take my word for it. There is one particular point the author makes and uses the NIV to support his theory yet the text that specifically supports what he puts forth is not found in the same verse in the KJV. So words matter and what version of the bible you read and believe matter. Corrupt versions are one way Satan deceives many!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 8:49 PM PST

The Holy Bible: Authorized King James Version KJV Holy Bible (ILLUSTRATED) (King James Bible - Churched Authorized Version | Authorised BIble Book 1)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An important element missing., February 24, 2011
When you are reading on any give page you have no idea what book of the Bible you are in because it appears no where on the page. So you either have to page back to the beginning of the book to see what it is or return to the index and go to where you want from there.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2012 2:01 AM PDT

A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar
A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar
by Seiichi Makino
52 used & new from $33.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 22, 2010
Simply put; this book is a wonderful resource. I wish I could buy it for my iPad! I've lived in Japan for 8 years and when I first came, this book plus the intermediate one they have really helped take me to a higher level.

Aikido Terminology - An Essential Reference Tool In Both English and Japanese
Aikido Terminology - An Essential Reference Tool In Both English and Japanese
by Michael Taylor
Price: $9.93
35 used & new from $1.28

5.0 out of 5 stars About this title:, February 7, 2005
"The best Aikido Terminology book I have ever seen." Shihan Carmen Pelusi - Eight Winds Aikido.

"A helpful guide for anyone who wishes to truly grasp the meaning of Aikido terminology. Steve Wade - long time Aikido practitioner.

Aikido Terminology is the most comprehensive Aikido terminology book currently in existence.

It includes a description of all fundamental Aikido terms, the Japanese kanji characters as used in Aikido, their meaning, a phonetic guide and cross-reference to a kanji guidebook for those who wish to study their meaning further.

The body of text is conveniently broken down into the following logical categories: stances, grasps, strikes, falls & rolls, fundamental techniques, various Aikido actions, body parts, weapons, Aiki-wear, ranks, special training and miscellaneous items.

Most importantly; all terms are quickly and conveniently referenced by two complete indexes located at the end of the book. The result is the most useful Aikido terminology book on the market. It is an indispensable tool for all practitioners of Aikido.
Comment Comment | Permalink