Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Betsy True > Reviews

Browse

Betsy True's Profile

Customer Reviews: 216

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betsy True "Betsy the Quilter" RSS Feed (Alexandria, VA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dust Bowl Justice
Dust Bowl Justice
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dark thriller set in the Dust Bowl era, May 23, 2016
This review is from: Dust Bowl Justice (Kindle Edition)
A dark thriller with western themes set in the Dust Bowl era. The book is at its strongest in its depiction of life of that era. The grittiness (literally) of existence then and how it played into the events in the book is compellingly done. I thought the use of dialect was a bit trite at times, but still set the tone for the characters. The main character, Jim, is drawn into successively more difficult situations by his ne'er do well brother, Willie. To say more would be to write spoilers.

Limelight
Limelight
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This goes in my "TBRR" pile. (To Be ReRead), May 23, 2016
This review is from: Limelight (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable romance with strong, clearly written characters. Good dialog. I love that the two main characters are both successful adults. This isn't a Cinderella story where the man rescues the impoverish woman and she teaches him how to love. Love the insight into an author's process (Ann is an author) which matches up with what I've read in other areas. Great fun.

AccuWeather
AccuWeather
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work for me., May 14, 2016
This review is from: AccuWeather (App)
Enabled fine, started the skill fine. Alexa asked for my location, which I gave her: City/State. She said, there are two locations for this city, state. Say "Location 1" for city, state; say "location 2" for city, state. I chose "Location 2." She said, "hmmmm, interesting location." Then told me things I could ask. I asked for weather alerts. She said first I had to tell her my location and the whole thing started again. Location 1, location 2, interesting location, etc.

I gave up.

Lost and Found (The September Day Series Book 1)
Lost and Found (The September Day Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Picked this up to read and couldn't put it down!, May 10, 2016
I knew Amy Shojai was an expert in animal behavior with many books out on the subject and thought I'd try her new thriller fiction. I was delighted to find a well written thriller filled with interesting human and animal characters that kept me on the edge of my seat. Pretty much sat and read this one in one sitting.

About the Night
About the Night
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't give five stars often, but this book earned every one, May 10, 2016
This review is from: About the Night (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this, and it was wonderful. Beautifully written/translated. Definitely literary fiction, so if you don't like a gentle but powerful and beautifully written journey through a story, it's not the one for you.

I loved the emotional journey of the characters and the historical setting. This is a love story in the best sense of the word that will stay with you long after you finish.

The Flicker Men: A Novel
The Flicker Men: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent science fiction thriller, March 19, 2016
Well written, compelling plot, and any book that uses Richard Feynman's work as a springboard is a most for me.

Case-Mate iPhone 5/5s Tough Naked Case with Bumper - Clear
Case-Mate iPhone 5/5s Tough Naked Case with Bumper - Clear
Offered by Below Market Cellular
Price: $9.40
20 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clear case that really protects your phone., February 22, 2016
Love this case. I've dropped my phone and it wasn't hurt. You get a rubber bumper that surrounds the phone around the edges and then a hard case that slides on from the back. My phone is skinned, so I wanted a clear case. This has buttons in the hard case that correspond with the buttons on the iPhone's sides. And, much cheaper than if you buy it at a phone store (I'm talking to you, TMobile).

Rainbow Reusable Flexible Gel Ice Pack & Wrap with Elastic Velcro Strap for Hot Cold Therapy(head, Neck, Arm, Elbow, Knee, Ankle)
Offered by Body Comfort Support
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hot/cold pack that straps on to stay in place., February 22, 2016
Absolutely love my ice pack. It works exactly as it should. Haven't used it for heat yet, will add to this review when I do. It's easy to put on and stays in place.

Therapist's Choice® Tennis Elbow Support with silicone pad
Therapist's Choice® Tennis Elbow Support with silicone pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tennis elbow support., February 22, 2016
Excellent, works exactly as I hoped for. Has really helped my quilter's AKA tennis elbow.

The Howling Calm: A Captain's Orders Story
The Howling Calm: A Captain's Orders Story
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Passion on the high seas...., February 22, 2016
Well written as far as it goes (and it goes pretty far, LOL). I think it would have been a stronger story and more interesting if it had alternated between his and her points of view. There's not much to the female protagonist except through his eyes. Maybe I'm expecting too much? As written, it's mostly a kind of wet dream, but perhaps that is the point. I understand this is the author's first erotica, so hopefully future efforts will be stronger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20