Profile for Rebecca Whittington > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca Whittington RSS Feed

American Easel 8 Inch by 10 Inch by 1 5/8 Inch Deep Cradled Painting Panel
American Easel 8 Inch by 10 Inch by 1 5/8 Inch Deep Cradled Painting Panel
Price: $11.88
3 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for artwork, August 5, 2013
I found that this was a perfect base for the mixed media mosaics class I took - glad I bought it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 11:00 AM PDT

An American Heroine in the French Resistance:The Diary and Memoir of Virginia D'Albert-Lake (World War II: The Global, Human, and Ethical Dimension)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, July 8, 2013
I thought this was a very interesting and well-written memoir of an American woman who was captured by the Germans while working with the French Resistance. Her time in the German Labor camps was horrific and brought home how terrible war can be and what it does to people. I highly recommend it.

Sugar in the Blood: A Family's Story of Slavery and Empire
Sugar in the Blood: A Family's Story of Slavery and Empire
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, March 21, 2013
I haven't finished the book yet, but Ms. Stuart has done a wonderful job of explaining the life of her 8th great-grandfather. I am learning a lot and look forward to the time when I can sit, read and absorb.

Geology Underfoot along Colorado's Front Range (Geology Underfoot)
Geology Underfoot along Colorado's Front Range (Geology Underfoot)
by Lon Abbott
Price: $18.70
30 used & new from $10.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good information, March 21, 2013
Although this book is pretty technical, I was able to gleem some information about the areas described in the book. The book is going to go on all future adventures so we can learn while we hike and/or drive.

A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, February 18, 2013
We all think we know about the war via stories we've heard, but more from the movies and TV shows we watched. I found this book to be very well written as well as spellbinding. I learned about the German Air Force, the pilots, and about the politics that were involved. It is a moving story and one that I would highly recommend.

Full Body Burden: Growing Up in the Nuclear Shadow of Rocky Flats
Full Body Burden: Growing Up in the Nuclear Shadow of Rocky Flats
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, December 6, 2012
As a former employee of Rocky Flats Plant, I found this to be an excellent book. I would recommend it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 11:27 AM PST

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Glycemic Index Weight Loss, 2nd Edition
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Glycemic Index Weight Loss, 2nd Edition
by Lucy Beale
Price: $13.96
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabetics should read this book!, October 23, 2012
I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes about 3 years ago. The doctor said to exercise and to watch my diet, which is easier said than done. I found this book to be extremely helpful on explaining many things about this disease. I wish it contained more meal plans, but I guess that's another book. Read this if you have Type II - it clears a lot of things up!

World War II London Blitz Diary, Volume 3, 1942-1943 (A Woman's Revelations Enduring War and Marriage) (World War II London Blitz Diary, (A Woman's Revelations Enduring War and Marriage))

4.0 out of 5 stars World War II London Blitz, Vol. 3., September 6, 2012
I have found all of her writings (volumes) to be informative. Many of her musings have relevance to today's world: stupidity of war; struggles between the classes; and the good and bad of marriage. It's refreshing to read a non-American viewpoint about the war; her comment on Pearl Harbor was one sentence. Interesting!