Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL
Profile for Derrick Thomas > Reviews

Derrick Thomas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 85

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Derrick Thomas RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (The Ultimate Edition DVD)
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (The Ultimate Edition DVD)
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
29 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars who needs 3+ versions of the same movie?, September 22, 2000
I own t2 on dvd and vhs (the original releases). Now after a month I bought it on dvd, I hear a new version is coming out with 3 versions, commentaries, etc. my feeling is, if you already own it on dvd, why spend your hard-earned money on another version? it is the same picture-sound quality! I have seen this done on several other movies. I understand having dts and DD versions, but to treat movies like software is stupid. It was stupid of me to buy even two versions, but 3? c'mon. if you don't already own it on dvd, go ahead and buy this version. if you do, please don't buy this. you will show the studios you'll buy anything in a shiny package. I think this is a terrific movie, but i bought a dvd player for the picture/sound, not watching different trailers once or twice in every new version that comes out. If you don't own this already, it's a good buy. if you do, you are wasting your money, how often are you going to watch a featurette anyway? stick to your basic version.

Planet of Twilight (Star Wars)
Planet of Twilight (Star Wars)
by Barbara Hambly
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
156 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars change of pace, September 19, 2000
there have been a lot of negative reviews about this book, but i like how after so many books there is one that is quiter, on a smaller scale, and more fun. the bulk of the book is only centered around a few sqaure kilometers, and you get to enjoy how simple the plot is. i was afraid it was going to be awful after reading children of the jedi(i couldn't even finish it), but it was a gripping novel. now what i said above is what most people didn't like about it, so either buy the paperback when it comes out or go to your library. you may or may not like, depending on your mood/tastes. but if your looking for a rest after invasions, battle fleets, and the galactive senate, then read this book. there is a great side story will han(there are people dying by the millions and war fleets here), and it is a story that gradually becomes more involved. this keeps the book afloat. Did anyone else think the opening line was the greatest opener in the series?

Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, Book 1)
Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, Book 1)
by R. A. Salvatore
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars dark, tragic, onimous and loving it, September 19, 2000
I have ready every star wars timeline novel since the thrawn trilogy came out. after 25 books or so, i kinda wanted the good guys to win! i wasn't impressed with the 4 or 5 books, so when i was on this site i found out this book was coming out. i read the synopsis and was blown away! I thought the Sri-ruuk invasion was fun, but this book on many levels is my favorite Star wars book.(right under heir to the empire, of course!) it reminded me of planet of twilight, with it's dark atmosphere. without giving anything away, buy this! if you are not sure, go to your library, they should all have copies by now.

Gladiator Signature Selection (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Gladiator Signature Selection (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Russell Crowe
Offered by DAILY "Black-Friday" 4U
Price: $22.99
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the great epics of all time, September 19, 2000
From the opening scene, I knew that this was going to be an incredible movie. I wont't give away any plot twists, but the acting, directing, cinematography, and special effects were all top notch. it reminded me of Ben-Hur the most, and it's equally as good. Whether you own a dvd player or a vcr, this movie will look faboulous. I know all this has been said before, but I just wanted to get my piece in. I promise: at the very least, you will find this to be a rousing epic worth at least 2 trips to the rental store. Look for this at next year's Oscars/golden globes!

RCA RC5220P DVD Player
RCA RC5220P DVD Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read this review so you don't make the same mistake!, December 21, 1999
When I bought this player I thought what the heck, what couldgo wrong with it. besides the mechanical problems, it is an inferiormachine. the eject button is right next to the stop button, so if your fingers slip a touch, you have to close the tray again and find where you left off in the movie, therefore another awful problem: it won't remember where you left off at! the booklet came apart in two days. it was half-#$! attached by two staples. and if the machine is unplugged, you have to reprogam your remote for your television, because it'll forget the code! it started screwing up on the matrix and I took it in to exchange it, since I bought the extended warrenty. needless to say it is heading off to the shop, and thank god for the no-lemon policy! because I WILL keep sending it back 'till I get what I want. when I was at the service desk, I saw a panasonic and a sony DVD player brought in around the same time. it's too late for me, but my advice to those who want a dvd now, please wait. it's a new technology and many things are wrong with it...if you must buy one, DO NOT BUY THIS DVD PLAYER. the price may be attractive, but it is garbage. stick to the two best names: JVC and sony. i regret for not waiting longer and making a more intellegent decision. RESEARCH! don't get information from the sales people, read magazines and go to independent websites for the best player.(i told them to test a bugs life on it to see if it would mess up!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9