Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for historianchick83 > Reviews

Browse

historianchick83's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

historianchick83 RSS Feed

The War on Women: An Ecological, Historical, Socio-Political, and Religious Synthesis
by P.D. Lingenfelter Highby
Price: $13.59
24 used & new from $12.24

1.0 out of 5 stars The use of the exclamation mark and bold font are horribly overused along with the word disgusting, October 5, 2014
I must say, I recently read this publication, and I find myself shocked at this review. During the initial reading of the first pages, I admit I looked forward to what the author had to say, and was intrigued. The enthusiasm soon faded. First off, the author does not prove what I assume to be the thesis what so ever. The Catholic Church? The Eastern Orthodox Church? What Church? If you are talking about Christianity as a whole, then the writing should encompass a multifaceted approach to the different interpretations of the Bible. I am a Christian, and a Feminist, and I personally believe that Jesus Christ passed on his ministry to women, and they are the foundations of the "Church", and Christianity. There are valid points within the work. However the writing style completely negates them. The use of the exclamation mark and bold font are horribly overused along with the word disgusting. This is academic writing? Furthermore, for lack of better verbiage, it seems the author just wishes to rant and berate Christianity. If the author wished to say that the Bible has multiple degrees and variations of misogyny throughout it, then I, along with many others in the world would readily agree. However, it is tenably obvious that the author does not understand the full grasp of Christianity, because real men, and Christian men, do not treat women in many of the ways the author claims, nor do churches teach this concept. In academic writing there is also a refute, a rebuttal, where an author acknowledges other sources that appose their thesis, and break such beliefs down, or acknowledge their validity. This book severely lacks this, as well as in text citing of the source. If a work is to make such bold claims and statements, a number should be used to identify the source, and where this "accusation" came from within the source. Highby only manages to jumble them together at the end of each chapter. Needless to say, as a person who studies theology, I expected better writing and arguments from this work.

PINK Color 7.0 ZEEPAD(TM) ANDROID 4.0 TABLET PC COMPUTER 4GB WIFI, CAMERA, YOUTUBE, GAMES , SKYPE VIDEO CALLING &NETFLIX MOVIES

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected...., December 7, 2012
First, the color in the picture is not AT ALL what I recieved. This one is a Dark Hot Pink, not the pale, lighter pink featured. Had I known that, I would have gotten it a bit cheaper with another seller, but my daughter wanted this one. Second, it did not come with the gel pad or a pen. I purchased the same one in red for my son that came with both, but that is my fault for not CAREFULLY reading the product detail. Most definately a misrepresentation on the color though. Other wise, they are charging, and my daughter will either get over the fact its a darker pink, or I will have a new ZEEPAD!