Profile for J. Maines > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 118

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Maines "Web developer" RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Inside Amy Schumer [HD]
Inside Amy Schumer [HD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Less interviews, please., November 4, 2014
I would like the show more if the interview sessions were replaced with more skits.

Season Seven [HD]
Season Seven [HD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good topic choices for this season!, October 11, 2014
Season 7 covers some very interesting topics. I think season 8 is a lot more entertaining, but this, season 7, covers more important topics in my opinion. I especially recommend the taxes episode.

Double Divas Season 1 [HD]
Double Divas Season 1 [HD]

2.0 out of 5 stars Very boring and not educational., October 11, 2014
Lame show. Not sure why I ever watched it. Oh right... I wanted to learn more about bra sizes. The episode that supposively covers bra sizes does not actually show me or tell me anything useful nor educational. It is also very degrading toward men... but that doesn't really affect my rating, because I understand that most of the shows I like are degrading toward someone in some way.

Topia World Builder
Topia World Builder
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a game, just a toy., September 30, 2014
This review is from: Topia World Builder (App)
Not much to do in this 'game' other than model a simplistic globe/Earth. I recommend it as a simple toy to fiddle with but not as a game.

Ninja Assassin [Blu-ray]
Ninja Assassin [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Rain
Price: $9.96
113 used & new from $0.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ninja action sequences with a gripping plot and great acting., September 30, 2014
This review is from: Ninja Assassin [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great movie! I love the introduction scene. It was simply the selling point for me. After seeing just the intro, I wanted to own a physical copy of the film. The action sequences are just that cool.

Semi-Pro (Let's Get Sweaty Edition) (2008) [Blu-ray]
Semi-Pro (Let's Get Sweaty Edition) (2008) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jackie Earle Haley
Price: $4.88
89 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much extra content and the movie is not Will Ferrell's best work., September 30, 2014
Not much extra content on this edition. I kind of like the movie, and it was cheap, so I'm satisfied with the purchase overall. However, the movie is not the best I've seen of Will Ferrell by a long shot.

Rock Bandits - Adventure Time
Rock Bandits - Adventure Time
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad gameplay/controls implementation. No challenge., August 25, 2014
Controls are very touchy... get it? Aw, whatever, that was funny to me. Anyway, yes, the controls are annoying. The gameplay is a little on the slow side with very little challenge, but the controls make simple tasks harder than they should be and hard tasks easier than they should be. It just feels too automated when fighting something, and the control scheme would be OK if not for the simple fact that the game doesn't always listen to what I'm gesturing for. I think the game wants me to touch the character and then drag away from him to do actions, but the tutorial messages do not say this, so I'm not sure. In any case, the controls need work.

The animation quality is poor. The framerate is low, and it's not due to performance issues. I did not appreciate the low quality animations because the characters are so simple! If it was more detailed, I might not mind so much, because I could understand the amount of work involved. However, Finn is a simple drawing and should have very smooth animations... I'm not seeing that here!

The rather simple story is told in a poorly designed page-sliding fashion. This mechanic could have been nice, but instead, the controls are again fudged up... and I don't like fudge! Okay, fudge is good on rare occasion. Anyway, the comic-like story scenes are very lazily put together. You can't even go backward, and when you try, it forces you to go forward another panel. The text is not anti-aliased, so it looks very pixelated and just isn't the most pleasant font to read. The story isn't bad - for a children's cartoon - but Adventure Time has a lot more, better stories to offer, and this isn't really going to win any awards.

Jumping Finn Turbo - Adventure Time
Jumping Finn Turbo - Adventure Time
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Offers a few hours of entertainment for the casual gamer., August 25, 2014
Jumping Finn Turbo is too short. Just as I was finally unlocking the final upgrades, the game's one and only level ended and I ran out of stuff to do. It was a fun game while it lasted.

True Blood: Season 6
True Blood: Season 6
DVD ~ Anna Paquin
Price: $32.99
4 used & new from $28.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as bad as the witch arc but still pretty disappointing., August 23, 2014
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)
I have so many complaints about season 6, but it isn't a bad show. I was just spoiled by the previous seasons. Season 6 was simply a disappointment.

For starters, the previous seasons were longer. This season was only 10 episodes long and felt extremely rushed.

The previous seasons had combo packs with tons of special features. This season forces you to pay more for less. You only get either the DVD copy or the Blu-ray, not both! You also get less episodes, of course.

The previous seasons were funnier. This season had very few zingers. I didn't really laugh nearly as often as I laughed at scenes in previous seasons. That said, there were still a spare few humorous scenes, and I enjoyed the ending scenes very much. The final scene with Eric was outlandishly funny to me. I hope that Eric appears in season 7, though, because he was my favorite character.

Overall, this season was great, but it wasn't quite as great as previous seasons... even if the witch-based story arc sucked.

Great Eastern Entertainment FLCL Haruko and Naota Wall Scroll, 33 by 44-Inch
Great Eastern Entertainment FLCL Haruko and Naota Wall Scroll, 33 by 44-Inch
Price: $22.00
4 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin material but very nice image and high quality printing., August 22, 2014
Great image quality. I also love the anime the image is of. It may have only been 6 episodes long, but it had some very memorable characters. This image showcases the most memorable characters in FLCL and looks great. Excellent for blocking off the light from my window though not as thick as I'd like. The light shines through too much for my taste, but some people may like that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12