Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Syrsly > Reviews

Browse

Syrsly's Profile

Customer Reviews: 151

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Syrsly "Web developer" RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
U.S. Bank
U.S. Bank
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Updates fail to install and the app is unusable., May 2, 2016
This review is from: U.S. Bank (App)
It worked well for a while but it keeps needing updates which fail to install.

Let's Kill Ward's Wife
Let's Kill Ward's Wife
DVD
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor writing, terrible acting, little humor, no closure., May 2, 2016
Poor writing. A lot of the plot made little sense because the characters did not seem to react to events and each other how you'd expect them to. Granted, most of the plot is sound, and I enjoy thinking about murder as much as any sane person does. That said, it was hard to believe the scenes leading up to the death the movie is about.

Terrible acting. Most of the characters are two-dimensional. Few characters have any depth. Very little background is given on anyone in the movie. We aren't led to believe anyone's right or wrong. Perhaps that was the point of the movie?

Little humor. I found some funny moments in the film, but I honestly could not recognize anything worth calling comedy. I'm not sure why this movie was in the comedy movies section at all.

No closure. This is something I can't explain without spoilers, so don't read any further if you haven't seen the movie and plan to watch it. The movie abruptly ends after the neighbor collaborates on the story of Ward's wife being missing. That may seem okay to you, but I felt that it made the entire movie kind of pointless to watch. There wasn't any telling what was going to happen after that. Ward just looks at his kid and smiles... like it's a good thing for his son that his wife is dead, I guess? Does the body ever get found? Are we supposed to have some form of relief when the cop doesn't find out? Does the guy who had a mental breakdown ever turn everyone in? I felt like a lot of the story went untold.

OXO Good Grips Electronics Cleaning Brush
OXO Good Grips Electronics Cleaning Brush
Price: $4.99
12 used & new from $4.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Very flimsy and not capable of scrubbing off grime from my keyboard., March 15, 2016
Very flimsy and not capable of scrubbing off grime from my keyboard. Still useful, though... sometimes.

Sentey Black LS-6620 Audio Stereo Cable 3FT, 3.5mm Braided Stereo Aux Cable Audiophile Grade Male to Male, Cable Audio Premium Metal Stereo Audio Cable Connector and Shell Premium
Offered by Sentey
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and plays wonderfully., March 15, 2016
Looks great, plays great. I like the cord's threaded appearance. I also like the sturdiness of the ends. This aux cable should last a while from the looks of it. We played with it in the car today for a significant amount of the day, and it never hiccuped or anything. Three feet was plenty of length for us.

King Will Men Black Tungsten Carbide 8mm Polished Matte Brushed Finish Center Wedding Band Ring 11.5
Offered by Brandline
Price: $189.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A sleek-looking ring that's hard as a rock... a rock made out of metal., March 15, 2016
This ring is very stylish and less show-off-y than something with gems in it. I like the way it looks like two rings were welded together. The black finish is very cool and very what-I-want.

The weight of the ring is very difficult to get used to. It is much heavier than a smaller ring like you would probably see in a "Diamonds are forever" commercial. That said, the bulky nature of this ring makes it feel extremely sturdy.

Getting the size right is a little difficult, because this rind is thicker than a traditional ring. Its sizes are tough to judge for your finger. I bought the first one at size 12 at Wal-mart, thinking it would work because it was thicker. Nope. I had to return it and buy one online at 11.5 so it could be more snug. Even an 11.5 is slightly loose on me, though. This isn't really a flaw in the ring but a flaw in how we size-check them at stores.

The ring was presented in a fairly simple box. Nothing special. The ring doesn't even sit still in the box. Again, not special, but not worth worrying about.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars This is now an epic nostalgia trip for former fans of the show., February 9, 2016
This is now an epic nostalgia trip for former fans, because it had such a high production value that it wasn't quite as difficult to rewatch as the show. That said, it's still a dumb plot with terrible acting and terrible dialogue. The best part is the first time they morph into rangers and each character has a unique ability, like the yellow ranger's head lights or the white ranger's flying sword. I can't manage to sit through the show as easily as I can sit through this movie.

Nintendo N64 USB Controller for Windows/Mac/Linux - Green - by Mars Devices
Nintendo N64 USB Controller for Windows/Mac/Linux - Green - by Mars Devices
Offered by itembazaar
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugged it into a computer, it worked, no drivers needed, very satisfied with the quality., January 31, 2016
I plugged this gamepad into my gaming desktop with Windows 10 Pro, and I was not required to install any software for it. Windows just found the driver, installed it immediately and automatically, and allowed me to do whatever I like with it. The Project64 emulator saw the controller as well. The controls still needed to be mapped, of course. Outside of the emulator, I attempted to use XPadder to map the controller for other games, but the XPadder application did not see the controller... too bad, but I mainly got the controller for reliving the greats from the N64, so I'm satisfied. I'm not sure why XPadder did not see it, but again, I didn't care to investigate further for obvious reasons. I am not sure if it will work as well on a Linux system, but I fully intend to try this controller on a Linux-based multimedia/emulation center later in my life.

The controller's quality is superb. I found it a bit lightweight compared to what I'm used to, but I haven't used a genuine N64 controller in a long time, so it could be accurate weight. That said, I wholeheartedly recommend this controller to N64 fans who want to use it with emulators. The buttons are responsive, and the joystick feels accurate. I will most likely buy a second controller from Mars Devices for playing multiplayer games.

Legion of Super Heroes Season 1
Legion of Super Heroes Season 1
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The plot makes no sense, and the animation is nothing special, but it is oddly entertaining at times., January 31, 2016
The plot makes no sense. Episodes are episodic, not allowing for much character building nor climatic storytelling. The protagonists, the Legion of Superheroes, do a lot of stupid things throughout each episode, but the most questionable of things they have done was in the beginning of the first episode: they went back in time only to get a child Superman rather than the fully matured Superman we all know and love. It makes no sense to go back in time for Superman and choose to grab him when he's a kid rather than later in his life. It also does not seem as though they can ever bring him back to his time, even though they say they can. I never see time travel again in the first few episodes I've watched. I honestly had a hard time justifying watching the whole series because of the lack of a thought out plot.

The animation quality is nothing special, but it isn't bad. It is simply more cartoon fodder for your kids. The show's heroes are kids after all. That said, it is oddly entertaining at times if you like to take that trip down memory lane with the DC universe. There were a few references to old characters but Superman had no idea who they were. This nostalgia trip was nice, but it was given in such small doses that it wasn't a redeeming quality of the show.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2016 10:32 AM PST

Bamboo Pocket Expandable Stylus for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Kindle, Android and other capacitive touch surfaces
Offered by T.R.G.
Price: $5.69
20 used & new from $2.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not fancy and not for artists but fun for phone art apps and taking notes., December 22, 2015
This stylus does not provide pressure sensitivity. Don't get it for that purpose. However, it is very useful as a phone stylus that will be extremely compact and will not scratch the screen. It does not require batteries. I like it except for the holder cap you place in the audio jack, because it's a short tether and I see no need for it. It comes with some red and blue rim rings to make it more colorful, too, if you actually care about such a small form of customization.

Anyway, this is a great travel stylus for the price ($5), but if you want something suave or fancy-looking, spend a few extra dollars for one of Wacom's other styluses.

Fantasy Defense
Fantasy Defense
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting RPG elements and design choices for a tower defense..., December 16, 2015
This review is from: Fantasy Defense (App)
Fantasy Defense was fun, but it was also very grindy and had a questionable art style. The visuals went back and forth between cartoon drawings and retro RPG style sprites. The sprites looked nothing like their cartoon drawing counterparts! That lack of continuity bothered me a little, but the overall feel of the game as I progressed through the character upgrades and maps was great.

The gameplay itself was more involved than the usual wait-and-build tower defense I'm used to. There were a lot of destroyable objects in each map which meant trying to destroy objects between waves of enemies and sometimes during the waves to get extra tower upgrade currency. There were nine (9) tower options, six (6) "unit" characters each with their own upgrade options and three (3) "hero" characters. The heroes required a separate upgrade currency than the other towers but were much more powerful and absurdly useful at times. The catch was that the heroes could only be built once per map. The units were more flexible, allowing as many of themselves to exist on the map as there were empty spaces. The unit options included three classes of characters and 2 types of those classes. The first of the two types could be upgraded for straight stat increases or changed into a much more powerful subclass. For example, the mage class can be changed into a piercing mage and then into a long range splash damage mage.

My biggest complaint would have been that the subclass abilities were not explained outside of loading screen tips which went by too quickly to read. I still don't know for sure what the "pierce" ability does. A GameFAQs guide says that it hits through one enemy to hit the one behind it, but I never saw that happen. Perhaps I just never observed it. Most of the abilities are kind of obvious to me, though. Splash ability obviously hits with area effect damage, allowing you to hit multiple enemies in close proximity to each other. I think an in-game manual would be very beneficial for new players, and if they could make the mana store a little more detailed about what stats you're upgrading to, you could make a much more informed choice when spending your mana.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16