Profile for AstuteBuyer W. Batt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AstuteBuyer W. Batt RSS Feed (Pennsylvania USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Intermatic EI210W Electronic Auto-Off Timer 10/20/30/60 Minutes, White
Intermatic EI210W Electronic Auto-Off Timer 10/20/30/60 Minutes, White
Price: $19.97
21 used & new from $14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for basement bathroom exhaust with the ability to leave the switch on HOLD., May 7, 2015
Works well. I use it in my basement to pull the dank air out in the spring and fall when I am not running whole house A/C or heating. I like it that it has a HOLD feature so that I can just leave it on. In the basement I cannot leave the windows open.

HE09766QP06, Light Purple, 4US, Ever Pretty Party Dresses For Juniors 09766
HE09766QP06, Light Purple, 4US, Ever Pretty Party Dresses For Juniors 09766
Price: $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not prom material. Don't waste your time., May 7, 2015
This is no prom gown at all. It is not even in the league with a typical prom gown. At Macy's one can get a decent prom gown for under $100. I bought one for $109 and after 20% discount it came down under $90. Why bother with this cheap dress here? If cost has to be at $50, then go buy a consignment gown.

This dress is also too short for anybody over 5'5.

Tiger Chef Stainless Steel Scoop - 1 oz Black Ice Cream Scoop Disher - NSF Certified - All-purpose scoop for ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookie dough, meat balls, rice dishes, and vegetable purées.
Offered by TigerChef
Price: $17.94
2 used & new from $17.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but too expensive, May 7, 2015
I like it. It is great as a cookie dough scoop. However, it is too expensive for what it is. Save your money and go visit a Walmart or some place like that.

Dritz Zipper Repair Kit- Outdoor
Dritz Zipper Repair Kit- Outdoor
Price: $8.35
10 used & new from $6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved a high schooler's backpack in about 10 minutes., May 7, 2015
I was able to use this to change out the glider on a high schooler's backpack. I never knew that it is that easy to repair a zipper. The glider is the main problem. It took me about 10 minutes to take out the stitches on the backpack to remove the old glider and put in the new and sew the stitches in. Having a worn out zipper is not the end of the world!

Quick Shine Floor Finish, 64-Ounce
Quick Shine Floor Finish, 64-Ounce
Price: $17.13
5 used & new from $9.32

5.0 out of 5 stars How to successfully apply this product [my experience on hard luxury vinyl], May 7, 2015
Application:

It is really important to use a microfiber mop that has a flat support. Something like Scotch-Brite Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop would probably work, although that's not what I used. I shake the bottle a little and then pour about 1-2 oz on the floor. Then I use the microfiber mop to spread it on a rectangular area of the floor. It is critical that the milky solution get spread evenly on the floor. If you leave drops on it, then the drops will be "frozen" in place. Then move to a new place and repeat.

Most likely the floor would have to be re-applied for more shine. I did my floor in several coats. When I've done the area, I take the microfiber cloth off the mop and put it in a plastic bag. After the first coat has dried, one can decide if another coat is needed or if the first coat is missing some spots.

Thoughts to boost your success:
1) The bare floor should be vacuumed and mopped with water and dried first. Any dirt left on the floor will become part of your floor finishing job.
2) Use strong side light to assess the even spreading of the solution on the floor. Any splotch would stay on the floor. But it can be covered up by additional coat of solution.
3) At least let the floor dry overnight before letting anybody go on it. Yes, it is dry to the touch in about an hour, and one can walk on it with socks or bare feet after a couple of hours. But before it is completely dried, the floor finish will scratch easily.

I ordered a second bottle because I like the glossier shine. So far I am very pleased with this product. I used it on the hard luxury vinyl purchased from Home Depot. I was really disappointed with the hard luxury vinyl because it is extremely dull (no shine whatsoever) and scuffs very easily. One party with kids playing on the new floor, and the floor suffered very visible scuffs. Yes, medium pressure with fingernails will scuff it. I tested this floor finish on a leftover piece of the hard vinyl floor and found that after two days I had trouble leaving any fingernail marks on the surface.

The only question mark is how this product will hold up over time. Right now it is a five star product and rescued me from my disappointment with Home Depot's Trafficmaster Allure luxury hard vinyl that is supposed to be "highly durable for high traffic area". I will review it in a few months if it loses luster even without any wear and tear.

The Brick Bible: The Complete Set
The Brick Bible: The Complete Set
by Brendan Powell Smith
Price: $23.45
54 used & new from $16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Conversations with an Older Elementary Schooler and for Digging Deeper into the Bible, March 16, 2015
The LEGO rendition of the Bible is pretty much true to the text. This is not a version for the squeamish people and not for the parents who wish to shield their children from the realities of life. It has generated a lot of very interesting conversation with my 9- now 11-year-old son. We both like it very much. It also caused us to read the Bible to check to see what the Bible actually said.

HE09102PP06, Purple, 4US, Ever Pretty Purple Party Dresses For Women 09102
HE09102PP06, Purple, 4US, Ever Pretty Purple Party Dresses For Women 09102
Price: $89.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK dress if you are under 5'5"., March 16, 2015
I ordered five different formal dresses from Pretty Womens for my daughter's prom. These dresses are very light; don't expect much materials. They are an under $50 dresses, after all. They do look reasonably good, but they will not have any wow factor. All the dresses are too short. My daughter is 5'8" and the dresses do not cover her bare feet at all. I would say that if you are over 5'5", look elsewhere. The only size that matters is the bust size. So just go by the measurement chart provided and that would be fine. Don't go by standard size number.

Ever Pretty Womens Empire Waist Padded Long Evening Gown 6 US Light Purple
Ever Pretty Womens Empire Waist Padded Long Evening Gown 6 US Light Purple
Offered by Ever-Pretty

3.0 out of 5 stars I ordered five different formal dresses from Pretty Womens for my daughter's prom, March 16, 2015

Unbroken (The Young Adult Adaptation): An Olympian's Journey from Airman to Castaway to Captive
by Laura Hillenbrand
Price: $11.69
128 used & new from $6.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A total eye opening experience, December 23, 2014
I bought this book for my sons for Christmas but ended up burning night oil to finish it before I wrap it up. The detailed account of life as a POW was amazing. It is sobering to know that human beings can go so low in depravity when given complete sovereignty over another human life. What a person would do to another human being when there is absence of consequence is a true measure of his character.

There was one photo which I thought might be too disturbing for the youngsters. It was the photo of a dead POW bent over a sink to get a drink of water. As an adult I took the horror and cried for both for the poor man and for Japanese version of the SS guards who could be so heartless as to drive men to starvation.

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes
by Bill Watterson
Price: $13.86
341 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a winner!, November 24, 2014
Need not say more. Calvin and Hobbes win every time!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9