Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for GRACE E WRIGHT > Reviews

Browse

GRACE E WRIGHT's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GRACE E WRIGHT RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA, US)

L'Oreal Paris Hair Color Root Cover Up Dye, Light to Medium Blonde, 2 Ounce
L'Oreal Paris Hair Color Root Cover Up Dye, Light to Medium Blonde, 2 Ounce
Price: $9.97
7 used & new from $9.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky, doesn't cover brown roots, May 10, 2016
This might work on grey hair, but my hair is medium brown and this spray barely covers my roots at all. It's also extremely sticky-I thought it would be more like a dry shampoo, but after applying my hair was stiff, sticky, and looked more greasy and dirty than anything.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2016 6:03 AM PDT

An Actor's Guide--Your First Year in Hollywood (Third Edition)
An Actor's Guide--Your First Year in Hollywood (Third Edition)
by Michael Saint Nicholas
71 used & new from $1.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and misleading, December 31, 2011
I love the author's ebullient enthusiasm and clear intent to motivate and inspire his readers. However, this third edition was updated in 2006 and even in 6 years this book has become outdated and is lacking INTEGRAL information. I am an actress who recently finished my degree at USC and my school has tried to prepare me for the realities of the show business industry in a way that many theater schools do not. I have been fortunate to meet many casting directors, agents, producers, writers, and young working actors through my school's many resources and I can say that based on my firsthand knowledge, I found the information in this book to be staggeringly limited.

This book does not cover self-submissions or casting websites (it only mentions a site called "[...]" which does not exist/is a website that has nothing to do with breakdowns), it does not cover personal branding and self-promotion, and doesn't go in depth enough regarding means of finding representation, the pros, cons, and differences about agents and managers, is not detailed enough about how to find "money jobs," or which areas/neighborhoods are good/bad to live in. It gives a basic overview about casting workshops and showcases, but as important as those are to actors just starting out, I think more coverage of those topics (which lead into finding representation, which is your #1 goal starting out and can make or break your experience) is necessary.

The BEST parts of this book are the last chapters--"Creating a Positive Experience" and the later interviews with people in the industry. That said, many of the industry interviews in this book are with people who have good advice but aren't YOUNG, or up-and-coming. I think that is a relevant perspective that is starkly absent from this book.

This book is a fine jumping off point if you're right off the turnip truck/know virtually NOTHING about the industry or LA. If you have even a basic understanding of the city and the business then this book is a little bit.... rudimentary.

A better book is "Hit the Ground Running" by Carolyne Barry: Hit The Ground Running The Smart Actor's Guide

While I disagree with plenty of her advice and opinions, I think this book is more relevant and up-to-date. I'm certainly not saying to follow this book as a Bible... but at least it's a more current guide.