Profile for Lisa G > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa G RSS Feed

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Xbox 360
Offered by Purple Hydrant Games
Price: Click here to see our price
220 used & new from $12.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Was looking for Assassin's Creed, not Pirate Simulator., December 8, 2013
I'm not as in love with this game as I have been with previous Assassin's Creed titles. While obviously the naval experience was improved quite a bit from previous games, I didn't feel that they really put any effort into improving the Assassin parts of the game - which is the reason I'm playing the game, and have played all of the previous Assassin's Creeds. I wasn't planning on buying Pirate Simulator.

Also, for all the effort they put into the ships, a little more time could have been spent on Fleet Management. It looks pretty thrown together.

I also didn't feel as attached to any of the characters, in the Animus and outside of it. There didn't seem to be much meaning to my actions on either side of reality.

All said, I still had some fun, but was definitely disappointed in the shift of focus from the Assassin to the Pirate. Wouldn't have bought at full price if I'd known.

Mark of the Ninja [Online Game Code]
Mark of the Ninja [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars First Stealth Game I've Really Loved, December 8, 2013
I've always really loved the idea of stealth games, but never found one that required you to use stealth in a way that wasn't punishing. I absolutely love this game. I wanted to be stealthy, and the game lets you be get good at it. Regular checkpoints make it so that dying isn't too punishing and doesn't turn you off from the game.

I very rarely replay games, but I have replayed this one many times. The Steam achievements provide interesting challenges that can make the game even more fun.

My only complaint is that the game isn't long enough.

Fortune Street
Fortune Street
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $17.10
69 used & new from $11.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Monopoly + Mario Party + Older Audience, January 4, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fortune Street (Video Game)
If you're just looking for another Mario Party game, this isn't necessarily where you want to go. But that doesn't mean it isn't great!

Imagine Monopoly with stocks, occasional mini games (which to be honest are pretty bad), and all your favorite Nintendo and Dragon Quest characters. The game isn't aimed at children - they would find it boring or confusing. However, after playing it a few times at a friend's house, I immediately went and bought the game for myself. It's gotten a bad rap because it's not what people expect when they see Mario on the cover of a game, but it's still a fun game that's worth your while.