Profile for jung@heart > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jung@heart RSS Feed (Louisville, KY)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, July 11, 2012
Buddy Guy is the real deal and so is this book. Ghost written perhaps, but an authenticity shines through that feels pure and good. This book is as good as fellow guitarist Eric Clapton's book and a whole lot more charming. Try this: read the book with some of the author's blues playing. He speaks to you from the written page and through the music. Wonderful.

ISM Century Saddle Black
ISM Century Saddle Black
Offered by Direct_Express
Price: $113.78
30 used & new from $113.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a Great Saddle, April 11, 2012
This review is from: ISM Adamo Century Saddle (Sports)
I was driven to think about saddles when I came down with a prostrate infection 30 days before RAGBRAI last year. i read an article on noseless saddles and looked up all of the offerings and the only one that seemed practical for a long distance roadie like me was the ISM saddle. I ordered an ISM Century and installed it as soon as it arrived. The first week was pretty awful, (they tell you that up front) but after that, things got better quickly. By the time RAGBRAI rolled around, that saddle and I were old friends. After RAGBRAI, I swore that i had found my new forever saddle.
My Stoker got one as well and she likes it very much. I now have Century saddles on my two single bikes as well. i can no longer even think about riding anything else.

What It Is Like to Go to War
What It Is Like to Go to War
by Karl Marlantes
Price: $16.05
184 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, January 16, 2012
This book was not what I expected at all. What did I expect? I don't know. But as a Viet Nam war vet, this book connected with me as very few books about the war have. I was an infantry Platoon Leader in the 101st Airborne Division in Viet Nam. In late 1969, we were inserted just South of the DMZ to cover the withdrawal of Lt Marlantes' old outfit, the Third Marines. We walked where they walked and fought where they fought, went hungry in the monsoon season and suffered the same leeches and jungle rot. We also suffered the same rejection and scorn when we got home. This book seemed utterly true to me from beginning to end. I had trouble putting it down. I suspect that most veterans will relate. Sadly, the people the author wants to reach (other than veterans) will probably not relate, though that is not the author's fault
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2012 8:13 AM PST

Amazon Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey But Worth It, January 2, 2012
I have had my Kindle Touch Cover with book light for a week now and I love it! What's up with all of the negative reviews of this product? It is light and tight. It is easy to manipulate and stays out of the way when I want to read. Cheapo pleather cover? No, the cover is fused to a plastic shell, but it feels like leather to me. The light works great and I love the idea of always having my book light and having it run off of the Kindle battery so I don't have to worry about carrying yet another set of batteries around with me or charging yet another battery. Glare? No, actually, it puts the light right where I need it to be. I guess that there would be some glare if I liked to read with the Kindle tipped way, way back...maybe. And for all of the people who have one starred this product because the light doesn't work; well maybe not, but have you tried turning your Kindle on? Anyway, I thought that nothing could make my new Kindle Touch experience better, but I was wrong. This lighted book cover puts the whipped cream and a big ol' Cherry on top.

MSR sardine Groundhog red red
MSR sardine Groundhog red red
Offered by NORTHWEST OUTLET
Price: $2.69
8 used & new from $2.24

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Ground Hog Tent Stake
I have been using the coleman big ol' nail with a collar tent stakes for years. They don't break or bend and they don't come out of the ground under stress, but they are heavy and hard to pull out. I bought these tent stakes to take on RAGBRAI 2010 and guess what? They don't break or bend and they don't come out of the ground under stress, BUT they are light, easy to pack and they pull out of the ground smooth and easy. I have never been a believer in aluminum tent stakes, but these are terrific. I am very satisfied that I bought them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2010 6:30 AM PST

MSR Ground Hog Stake Kit
MSR Ground Hog Stake Kit
Offered by Gear for Adventure
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars DA BOMB!, August 5, 2010
This review is from: MSR Ground Hog Stake Kit (Sports)

Kelty Grand Mesa 6-Person Tent (Ruby/Tan)
Kelty Grand Mesa 6-Person Tent (Ruby/Tan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tent, August 5, 2010
I bought this tent to go family camping with my wife (we have dogs, so we needed a slightly bigger tent). I took the tent on RAGBRAI, a 7 day bike ride across the state of Iowa. I actually used the tent 8 times: we had violent thunder storms on four nights. The tent was stable and waterproof. It is a snap to set up and take down and it packs up easily in the included bag. Best of all, when you have a bit of sunlight, the tent dries out in minutes. I am 6 feet tall, so I also enjoy being able to stand up fully inside.
Two things to note:
1.) a lot of the stability comes from making sure that the rain fly is staked out and is tight. In a trial campout before RAGBRAI, I didn't have it staked out tight and it wasn't as stable in a storm that came through.
2.) the included stakes are really bad. I bought some MSR Groundhog stakes and they worked very well.
I love this tent.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Tube Cube, Black
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Tube Cube, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag., August 5, 2010
I bought a bunch of Eagle Creek products for this year's RAGBRAI (a weeklong bike ride across Iowa) and loved them all. This bag is supposed to be for socks, but I decided to use it to carry all of the loose stuff that I need to set up my tent; tent pins, bungies, and a big ol' plastic mallet. Don't know how it does to carry socks, but this bag is perfect for carrying my tent stakes and such.

Kelty Buttress 6 Footprint
Kelty Buttress 6 Footprint
Offered by Ramsey Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Perfect!, August 5, 2010
To the other reviewer, I respectfully say, "NUTS". This is a wonderful product if you own the tent it was designed to fit. First, there are no problems with getting it centered under the tent and keeping it there. Second, it folds up small and it is very light. I bought the tent and footprint to take to RAGBRAI 2010 (a seven day bike ride across Iowa). We had downpours on several nights, camped on bush hogged fields, etc and this footprint performed flawlessly. I am tired of trying to center big, ugly pieces of plastic under my tent. This footprint seemed like a miracle by comparison.

Big Agnes Sleeping Giant Memory Foam Deluxe Pillow
Big Agnes Sleeping Giant Memory Foam Deluxe Pillow
Offered by The Gear Coop
Price: $39.95
9 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing better, August 5, 2010
I bought a Big Agnes sleeping bag and pad 4 years ago and have been very satisfied. Why I didn't get the pillow, I will never know. I have one now and it is wonderful. It fits into the pillow sack perfectly and makes my bag even more comfortable than before. AND, it packs down small.

Page: 1 | 2