Profile for R. L. M. Villiers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. L. M. Villiers "R L M de Villiers" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)

Khartoum [HD]
Khartoum [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Character in Christ clears Sudan of slavery, October 2, 2014
The character of the man is what this movie is all about. General Charles Gordon was an inspiring leader who brought about the downfall of slavery in Sudan and as a consequence of his stand for the people when confronted with an Islamist fanatic, Sudan had good, stable government for the next 70 years. Sadly, Islamists have taken over the Sudan in our time and re-introduced slavery, complete with a slave market in Khartoum. Shame on us.

Lightkiwi GU10 led light bulb Dimmable CREE LEDs 3x3w Warm White
Lightkiwi GU10 led light bulb Dimmable CREE LEDs 3x3w Warm White

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad product with a blue white light, December 21, 2012
Based on the color temperature of the light, I thought I'd be getting warm white light. This is not the case. These lamps do not work well with the Lutron electronic dimmer, unlike the ECOSMART LED lamps that do. When the lamp is dimmed, it flickers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 12:54 PM PDT

Lutron CW-4-LA Claro 4-Gang Wallplate, Light Almond
Lutron CW-4-LA Claro 4-Gang Wallplate, Light Almond
Price: $16.48
6 used & new from $13.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works well., December 21, 2012
Provides a very nice screw free finish. Lutron is a reputable company that makes good quality products. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Lutron MA-L3L3-LA Maestro 300 Watt (top)/300 Watt (bottom) Single Pole Dual Dimmer, Light Almond
Price: $53.03
7 used & new from $47.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 21, 2012
Works great with EcoSmart 6" LED lamps and halogen bulbs. Doesn't switch off all the way with some other brands, including some LED bulbs purchased through Amazon. These lamps flicker when the switch is in the OFF position. I have installed 9 of these in my house and they are great for setting different lighting moods. I highly recommend them and don't understand why Home Depot and Lowes (actually Lowes carries only the whites) don't carry them. Just be ready to test and return many LED lamp varieties that flicker with them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2013 8:36 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully Fast, January 7, 2012
We purchased this unit to have a Pulse Oximeter available while our very expensive Welch Allyne unit is being repaired. We are most impressed with the very rapid, quick measurements taken. This thing is fun to use and our staff love it. The unit is seeing frequent, heavy use in our Pediatric office.

Biometric Fingerprint Time Clock Reader, Lonestar LS-838, Proximity Card & PIN Ability, Standalone, Includes Time Attendance Software, USB Ethernet Download, U.S. Support & Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy Check in & out. Scrap time cards. Accurate to the second, July 12, 2011
Finger print recognition works satisfactorily. We have one member of staff who has very hard to read finger prints and she, in stead, punches in with user number and password. Download of data to USB card provides a tab delimited text file which imports easily into a spreadsheet - which is important to me as I use a Mac and prefer not to use the supplied Timecard software for a PC.

The user manual is written in limited Oriental origin type English which is hard to read and hard to understand. Fortunately, the menu logic of the machine is fairly intuitive and easy to understand. The logical functioning of the machine works as expected. A bit more menu warning and instruction could be helpful. e.g. there is no warning that the memory of the machine is erased after a data download is complete. Also, the filename created seems to be the same as that created the previous time which means that unless you have renamed the file or moved it to some other folder/directory, it could be overwritten by the next data dump.

Next suggested improvements for the product would be for:
1 the time to be set automatically to broadcast atomic time clock standard time.
2 Access to the time clock data from anywhere on the internet by Mac or PC.

Finally, my staff find it much easier and quicker to clock in and out than they did with time cards. No problems with aligning cards and over-stamped times. So far we have had no missed IN/OUT punched times with the finger printing, compared to the 2 to 3 regularly missed when we used the punch cards.

I have one employee who works in two capacities at different pay rates for each job performed. She uses a finger on the right hand for one function and a finger on the left hand for the other function. Works fine.

1500 Lumen LED 4' T8 tube light
1500 Lumen LED 4' T8 tube light

2.0 out of 5 stars 1500 lumens quoted output is very dull, April 27, 2010
This review is from: 1500 Lumen LED 4' T8 tube light
I know what 130 lumen bright bike LED lamp looks like. It's bright and cost about $130 two years ago. So, I though I was onto a good thing getting an LED tube with 1500 lumen output. I don't know how they measure this thing, but the two sticks I bought are decidedly dull. This is nowhere as bright as a regular 32W or 40W fluorescent tube. Pity, I had such high hopes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2010 4:51 PM PDT

Punch! Home Design Studio Pro
Punch! Home Design Studio Pro
4 used & new from $15.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Electrical Wiring & Plumbing, December 31, 2009
So the quick ability to visualize what you're working with is what attracts one to this package. If you are remodeling a kitchen and want to play games with placing cabinets, etc. this product should be ok. What I thought I might get, but didn't was the ability to plan my electrical loads for each of the circuits in the house. No can do. The best one can do is show the locations of the electrical outlets. There are symbols that show 240 V outlets as well. What I also wanted to do but can't show is a plan to re-pipe my house with copper. Haven't found a way to show hot and cold water piping runs plus drain lines. I suspect there is no way of showing sprinkler piping either. This is sort of basic stuff that needs to work if a remodeled house is to be worth anything. I'm guessing that the Architectural package 5000 will allow for plumbing, electrical and placement of studs and joists. Only trouble is it only works on a PC and not a Mac.

The Tao of Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett's Words of Wisdom: Quotations and Interpretations to Help Guide You to Billionaire Wealth and Enlightened Business Management
by Mary Buffett
Price: $17.86
168 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful to the amateur trader, May 29, 2007
In a day and age where one can easily and inexpensively manage a portfolio and trade on the stock market, this book provides helpful insights into the difference between investing and speculating. I hope consequently to be more prudent in the choice of my investments. In particular there is strong warning against the speculative type of investment in companies that are full of hopes but short on a solid track record.

Significant in this is Buffets avoidance of technology stocks.