Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for redcajun > Reviews

Browse

redcajun's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

redcajun RSS Feed

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection - PlayStation 4
UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection - PlayStation 4
Offered by Lola_White
Price: $32.98
169 used & new from $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, January 3, 2016
Gunfight to gunfight to gunfight to cut scene followed by another gauntlet for gunfighting. Deleted.

Penny Dreadful: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Penny Dreadful: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Timothy Dalton
Price: $27.99
33 used & new from $21.68

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the cast and choice of characters, January 3, 2016
I got about half way through the second season and stopped watching. There just wasn't enough to keep me interested and the series felt predictable. I love the cast and choice of characters, but the story isn't enough to move me to the next episode.

Klein Tools 5140 Canvas Zipper Bags, 4-Pack
Klein Tools 5140 Canvas Zipper Bags, 4-Pack
Price: $32.65
48 used & new from $32.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, January 3, 2016
Durable and useful, enough space for the tools I usually carry around with me for the smaller stuff.

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars so good to revisit some of the icons of my youth, January 3, 2016
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
I had to push through this one in a few spots to get to the next point, but worth it in the end. I'm a child of the 80s (Class of '89), so good to revisit some of the icons of my youth.

Steve Martin And The Steep Canyon Rangers Featuring Edie Brickell Live [CD/DVD Combo]
Price: $16.85
34 used & new from $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, great band, January 3, 2016
Atheists have no songs!!! Great album, great band, makes me smile and dance around the house (when no one is looking).

Substance
Substance
Price: $22.21
75 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I purchased the CD and ripped it to my ..., January 3, 2016
This review is from: Substance (Audio CD)
Simply a replacement for the tape I lost years ago. So glad I purchased the CD and ripped it to my HDD; always brings back memories. Old school, I know, CDs and ripping are so yesterday. Love the music, love the band, recommend it if you're too young to have graduated high school in the 80s (Class of '89).

Shopkins Season 3 Case of 30 Shopping Baskets
Shopkins Season 3 Case of 30 Shopping Baskets
Offered by Fun Raiser
Price: $92.99
30 used & new from $76.25

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend playing 20 questions first to know what the heck ..., January 3, 2016
No idea what I was buying here since it was for my niece as a Christmas present. Apparently, there's a lot here, certainly enough to tickle her pink. If you're buying this as a gift, I recommend playing 20 questions first to know what the heck you're getting yourself into.

The Wraith's Story (BRIGAND Book 1)
The Wraith's Story (BRIGAND Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, January 3, 2016
I was surprised how involved I stayed in the story. Nothing lengthy or unusual, but interesting and well told.

*FLASH SALE* Resistance Band Set :: Best Exercise Bands Kit For Fitness Training, p90x & CrossFit :: Heavy Duty Foam Handles and Legs Straps Included :: 100% Money Back Guarantee For Life
Offered by King Athletic
Price: $29.97
2 used & new from $24.97

4.0 out of 5 stars The build is much better than the set I previously owned, January 3, 2016
I took these on the road with me a few weeks ago and they did the job for me. The build is much better than the set I previously owned, doesn't feel like they will come apart while in use. It's easy to identify each band either by color or the weight on the label. I'd recommend them for traveling when you have to live in a hotel for weeks on end.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2016 2:44 AM PDT

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
Offered by TMT[Thoughts Make Things] shop
Price: $26.35
123 used & new from $3.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps going and going and going, December 13, 2011
I've picked up a copy of the new Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind, but I never stayed involved with the game beyond a few hours. I played Oblivion for about an hour and called it quits. When I first saw the trailer for Skyrim, I figured I would pick this one up and try it on for size. After about 60+ hours of gameplay, I wish every game had this sort of depth and feel to its imagined world.

Skyrim, while lacking in eye-candy for PC, is a vast, well-implemented world with more action in its pinky finger than many games have throughout their brief playthroughs. The opener is a brief training session that tosses you into this world, setting you on a questline, a path of your choosing, or no path at all. I chose to follow the questline, but there were many times when I stumbled upon some ruins, camp, or a mineshaft where I happily liberated its inhabitants of their belongings.

A big part of the game are the Dragon Words(your Shout), many hidden within the bowels of several dungeons whereas others are under the open sky closely guarded by a dragon which was all too happy to strafe my butt with fire or frost(or just chew me up and spit me out). The first time I saw one strafing the locals, I was mesmerized by it, fascinated that I was playing a game where dragons could throw someone a beating, including me, and I could equally dish it out as Dragonborn.

Unfortunately, this game is littered with bugs, none of them showstoppers on their own, but the sum of their parts just becomes a pain. The interface is cumbersome, too much like navigating windows explorer, even unresponsive at times, and lags as the saves accumulate. The eye-candy just isn't there, even as the world of Skyrim gives you a fantastic view of the tundra or the mountains where your destination lies secluded from the world.

I played the game on Expert(often one-shoted while playing on Master), but found this to be unbalanced, though this may be due more to the surroundings (or my crappy playing). It's easy for mobs to stack and I found myself being pounded on by all of them at once with no place to maneuver. The combat tends to degrade into a dish it out and retreat down the hallway as they come at you one-at-a-time scenario, an effort I found effective but obtuse. Combat with Dragons, however, remained a challenge, and the more powerful shouts made the difference, buying me the time to get a powerful shield bash in or summon an astronach to hurl firebolts at it. (shooting it in mid-air was futile)

The community has stepped up its game by producing texture replacements which put the vanilla to shame. Therein lies my problem; as I added each improvement to my game, I became more disappointed in the game I bought, being more impressed with the community of dedicated modders than the game developers themselves. Granted, Bethesda has supplied a wonderful sandbox to play in and dress up, but it has been quickly overshadowed by its enthusiastic fans (some fanboys). I have put the game away until the stability patches catch up with the community and the CK allows for some excellent modding; the better mods will prevail while the mediocre will fade away. The game is a lot of fun, but I would have preferred the eye-candy and stability to go along with it.

I ran this game on an i7 920, 6GB, Win 7 32-bit, GTX 460 x2 in SLI on an Intel MB