Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Disgruntled_Groom > Reviews

Browse

Disgruntled_Groom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Disgruntled_Groom RSS Feed

Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White)
Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White)
12 used & new from $55.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed while snorkeling, December 20, 2011
I really liked this camera for the first week of my honeymoon in Hawaii. I took it zip-lining and into the pool. I even jumped off a cliff while recording a video and it still worked! The videos from the camera created some really cool perspectives that you can't get with a regular non-waterproof digital camera.

In the second week of my honeymoon, I was snorkeling and the seal for the USB cord failed. I had taken several videos and pictures for the first 10 min of snorkeling, but then I noticed the screen looked weird. I pulled it out of the water and realized that the camera had water in it. The seal and latch were in the closed position but the latch was slightly off its alignment. After drying out the SD card, it no longer works. I am going to have to send it away to possibly have the data recovered (which seems to be really pricey).

Objectively, you can chalk this up as user error or poor quality. I did not dive down at all while snorkeling that day nor did I really hit the camera on anything since I was floating. The latch is a plastic hinge with a plastic switch.

FYI, I purchased the camera at BB while it was still $100. At $60, I still might recommend it for knocking around but would advise to backup your SD card after every use. I would also recommend getting a wrist strap that floats.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2012 8:00 AM PST