Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Profile for B. Benjamin > Reviews

Browse

B. Benjamin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Benjamin RSS Feed (Dallas, Tx)

Page: 1 | 2
E LV Hybrid Dual Layer Armor Defender Full Body Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Bundle with Stylus, Screen Protector and Microfiber Sticker Digital Cleaner - Black
Offered by JHX dreamwork
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not really fit well, and needs to be ..., February 6, 2016
Does not really fit well, and needs to be forced on, quality is what you pay for, which is cheap. It works, kind of, and if you really jam your phone into the case, and mash a few buttons, and possibly bend your phone, it'll fit.

NCAA Texas A&M University Metal License Plate Frame
NCAA Texas A&M University Metal License Plate Frame
Offered by Amazing Prime Value
Price: $12.56
3 used & new from $10.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, February 6, 2016
Flimsy plastic, bolts rusted quickly unfortunately.

[New] OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker : Louder Volume with 10W+ Power, More Bass, Weatherproof IPX5 Wireless Shower Speaker (Black), by Cambridge SoundWorks
Offered by OontZ by Cambridge SoundWorks
Price: $99.99
9 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Size does not matter with the Oontz Angle 3, January 21, 2016
Upon receiving the package my initial thought was this thing is massive, but after opening the Amazon box, and getting past the air sacs I pulled out a smaller box. "What the hell is this small thing?" I did not think that I ordered a mini speaker I was hoping for something with more substance, something that could fill an entire room with my music. I proceeded to open the package and this bizarre prism shaped thing was in my hands, throwing aside the instruction manual, I proceeded to turn on the speaker, paired it easily with my iPhone, and was disappointed with how quiet my music was playing. I did a few things wrong, first my iPhone's volume was low, I turnt it up and now we were in business, but the bass was still disappointing. I had the speaker standing vertically, I placed it so the base of the triangle was down, after noticing the rubber guards. The bass improved, but still not quite what I was hoping, not enough bass, Meghan Trainor was sounding a little flat, I noticed the plus sign on the side of the Oontz and the volume started going up again and the bass was starting to rumble. We are in business! Over the last week of owning this device I've been very impressed, it is most definitely able to fill any room you want, depending on acoustics. I use this daily while showering, it is waterproof, but I noticed the bass was not as strong on porcelain surfaces, so I placed it on the counter where there is a wood surface and it seems to improve it. Friends and family members are asking about it, and when I tell them the price 4 of them have already ordered one. Battery life has been great, I still have not needed to charge the device out of the box and it has had an active time of ~6 hours. Connecting is a breeze, it has auxiliary input, charged with a micro usb cable which are hidden behind a rubber guard, I don't think aux can be used while near water though. I was really surprised at the amount of sound this thing can generate. Granted it's not going to be full range, I think the midline is diminished and upper ends are a little higher than they should be, I'm too lazy to try to adjust the equalizer in my phone. But if you are just wanting something to play music from time to time, and are going to be near water, you could drop $200 easily on a Bose, or drop less than $40 and slightly compromise sound quality. I don't use the built in microphone so I can't really tell you how well it works, but Siri does not respond from the speaker. Definitely would recommend, unless you are a seriously anal audiophile.

APTRO Men's Wool French Front Slim Fit Long Business Coat Black US L
APTRO Men's Wool French Front Slim Fit Long Business Coat Black US L
Offered by Pulltogether
Price: $240.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Go one size bigger, November 11, 2015
Material is good, not too thick but definitely will keep someone warm in a mild winter, but too small for normal Americans around the stomach, would recommend going one size larger if you have a bit of a stomach
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2015 9:27 PM PST

The Platypus Tow Hook No Holes License Plate Mount for Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S 2012-2016
Offered by CravenSpeed Online
Price: $79.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely don't recommend, from BRZ owner., August 10, 2014
Used this for my Subaru BRZ, its a piece of crap. I installed as stated, and the setup was still able to move around. Then I tightened it so that the only way to prevent it from moving was the license plate itself against the front accent fascia. This damaged my front end. Next the cheap plastic tabs that secure the license plate to the mount were able to vibrate off, and so now I have zip ties holding my license plate on. Don't recommend it all, does not work. I wanted to use this on my front tow hook rather than drilling into my car. Should've just jerry rigged my own setup, or purchased from another company.

Xbox One Stereo Headset
Xbox One Stereo Headset
Price: $48.98
137 used & new from $21.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, August 10, 2014
Good deal when I got it (~$40), sound is good, not great as the price should reflect. The design was well thought out. My biggest complaint is it is spotty. Sometimes I have to turn off my controller, turn it back on and then plug headset in to get it to work properly. Mic works well, it is really nice to just be able to plug one cable into the controller, and get both chat and game audio.

Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Luxury Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin, 5.3-Ounce
Offered by Mike's Men Care
Price: $19.00
8 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 10, 2014
Smells great and feels great when lathered up, I have sensitive skin and this thing does not leave my face dry when shaving. Lathers up really nicely, much quicker than using a bar soap.

47ml 16oz Bug & Tar Remover Car Pre-wash
47ml 16oz Bug & Tar Remover Car Pre-wash
3 used & new from $19.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, August 10, 2014
I took a long road trip (Florida to Texas) and a few thousand bugs decided to end their lives on the hood of my car. Bought this after trying the Turtle Wax bug remover (didn't do anything) and persistent scrubbing. So there wasn't probably a lot of room for it to work, I noticed after I got it that it was able to remove some of the stubborn bugs, however it's not a magic solution. I should've just washed the car as soon as I pulled in town, before the bugs chance to bake in, so if you are in that situation, this will not help you. Wash and clay bar and repeat, it was the only way to remove the majority of the bugs. BUT this does work really well if the bugs are relatively fresh. 3 stars because it wasn't what I needed, however the product is good for a bug presoak at home.

LAMY Safari Fountain Pen Charcoal Ex-Fine (L17EF)
LAMY Safari Fountain Pen Charcoal Ex-Fine (L17EF)
Offered by Advantage Gifts
Price: $23.95
16 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite thus far. Highly recommend if you like the nail type., August 10, 2014
My favorite fountain pen in my collection. I lost it once and was devastated for a couple of days, but because it is relatively inexpensive purchased another. I love how smoothly it writes, I have a couple of other Lamy's but this charcoal one is the best, something about the nib just makes it so wonderful to write with. It is really stiff, the "hard as nail" variant, but no skips. Hardly requires any pressure, is lightweight and balanced. Feels comfortable in your hand even though the body is made entirely of plastic. Definitely found my potential lifetime pen of choice.
( I also have a Parker Facet, Parker Vector, TWSBI 580, Sailor, Waterman, Lamy Studio, Lamy Cp1, Lamy Vista, a couple of Pilots, few Chinese Jinhao fountain pens)

The Legend of Korra Book 1
The Legend of Korra Book 1
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 29, 2014
Entertaining, though hard to recreate the original avatar, they've done a good job with the plot and artwork. Plenty of references and tie ins to the original series.

Page: 1 | 2