Profile for Shar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shar RSS Feed (Chicago burbs)

Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World
Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World
by Phillip C. McGraw
Price: $17.68
386 used & new from $0.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously brilliant book, February 12, 2013
This book resonates with something I had been noticing on my own. The more I strive to be considerate and kind toward people I care about (or anyone for that matter) - the more misery I seem to get in return. I am NOT weak or a doormat, but sadly people inevitably find that out the hard way. In the end, it feels like we both lose. Has the world gone mad? What's going on here??

Dr. Phil and his son Jay have also apparently noticed that today's world is different than it used to be. Many people will interpret an 'evolved' Christian way of being as weakness, not strength. And seeing you as 'weak' they will try to take advantage of you in some way or another.

What makes this book unique is that Dr. Phil dares to get you to recognize that this isn't just the occasional 'bad person' that we all run into in life. People all around you - even close to you - are probably gaming your relationship in ways you didn't want to see or believe. We were all taught to give people 'the benefit of the doubt.' We overlook and forgive things in our friends, family members, coworkers, acquaintances and strangers. Unfortunately, we often trust others WAY too much. And we leave ourselves vulnerable in so many ways. We all do it.

This book really opens your eyes to the *reality* of human nature - not the way 'it should be.' It gives many well thought out 'pointers' that will change the way you look at everyone in your life. It will also change the way that you present yourself to others, and the way that you approach life. He artfully persuades those of us who strive to be 'good' to change some of our ways of thinking.

This is truly a very unique, gutsy, insightful, persuasive and brilliant book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2013 2:40 PM PST

National Geographic Kids 125 True Stories of Amazing Animals: Inspiring Tales of Animal Friendship & Four-Legged Heroes, Plus Crazy Animal Antics
by Kitson Jazynka
Price: $10.78
110 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and fun, September 6, 2012
Ordered this as a gift for my nephew's 8th birthday. Beautifully photographed book - very impressive. Has a very 'fun' feel to it (not boring!) My husband and I got a kick out of looking through it ourselves. We think our nephew will immediately enjoy looking at the pictures and reading the captions - and when he's a year or two older, we can see him picking it up again and reading the little interesting stories on each page (which are a bit beyond his current reading level). LOVE this book!

Good Earth Organic Starry Chai, 18-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Good Earth Organic Starry Chai, 18-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $32.32
4 used & new from $25.45

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite black chai, June 27, 2011
This tea actually tastes less 'spicy' than other chais, so the name is almost a bit misleading. It could be described as more mellow than bold. But, don't let this deter you if you favor bold teas. The complexity of this tea really works!! It has a wonderfully well balanced and pleasing flavor. The additional herbs give it an added complexity not found in most chais and even a hint of sweetness. For maximum flavor I recommend steeping this for the full 6 minutes suggested. And, be sure to use two teabags if you're using an extra large mug. Love it!