Profile for Carolyn Mchale > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 127

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carolyn Mchale "guru-ette" RSS Feed (Washington DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Lunaire Women's Plus-Size Whimsy Honolulu Full Coverage Plunge Lace Demi Bra, Navy Tie Dye, 40DD
Price: $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars nice fit, April 25, 2015
cup fits perfect; it is on the last hook and I will check the 42DD to see how it fits. Nice color and I love the thin material...great for travel and washing out

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3-Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protector for phone, April 16, 2015
I tried to buy this at a phone accessory store and they wanted $25! Thought I could do better and certainly at $6+ on Amazon it was a steal. You need to make sure your phone glass is VERY clean. They provide good directions and there is a YouTube you can watch to see how to go about putting it on. Not really difficult...just have patience and go slow.

4-Strips Replacement E-ZPass Mounting Strips - Original TollTape
4-Strips Replacement E-ZPass Mounting Strips - Original TollTape
Offered by Best Price Mirror
Price: $2.20
8 used & new from $2.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 16, 2015
Needed the strips for my 2nd car to attach the EzPass.

Shining Through [HD]
Shining Through [HD]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, April 16, 2015
wonderful movie with Michael Douglas (young Michael). Never heard of the film before I found it on Amazon. The lady becomes a spy during WWII and is almost caught. Good story.

Camco 43676 Adjustable Height Aluminum Platform Step
Camco 43676 Adjustable Height Aluminum Platform Step
Price: $61.54
20 used & new from $61.54

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent step, April 9, 2015
Great sturdy step for our RV. Easy to put away.

Masterpiece: Mr. Selfridge Original UK Edition Season 2 [HD]
Masterpiece: Mr. Selfridge Original UK Edition Season 2 [HD]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 9, 2015
Love this show. Enjoy the interaction among the characters and the story. Highly recommend it

The Ambassador - The BBC Series: The Complete Second Season
The Ambassador - The BBC Series: The Complete Second Season
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The show is interesting and we do enjoy it. However, March 14, 2015
The show is interesting and we do enjoy it. However, season 1 is NOT available via Prime so we have no idea about the start of the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 6:34 PM PDT

As Time Goes By Season 6
As Time Goes By Season 6
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon - get this series back to Prime viewers!!!, February 20, 2015
wonderful comedy. BBC does great shows and this is no exception. We have watched seasons 1-6 and half of season 7 when the show was REMOVED FROM AMAZON!!! Terrible that this show and many other BBC shows are no longer available via Amazon Prime. We so enjoyed watching these shows...better than what is on TV today! Amazon you must get the BBC shows back.

Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer are a funny couple who start off as a reunion when they were 40 years younger. He was shipped off to Korea and she wrote to him and he wrote to her, but none of the letters made it to them. So of course the conclusion was that he/she no longer wanted a relationship. Well they restarted their relationship and it took off and from season 1-7 it covers their life together and with his parents who are a hoot. Judi runs a secretarial service and her daughter is part of the management of the company. You will enjoy the series...if and when Amazon gets it back!!!

We do a lot of watching this series via my hotspot in our RV and smart TV...great to have all the technology available!!

The Washington Post
The Washington Post
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars not a smooth app, January 27, 2015
This review is from: The Washington Post (App)
Pretty clunky app. The app freeze a a lot plus it takes lots of time to download new edition of the paper. Scrolling is far from smooth. I think the have forgotten who their audience is. There are at least 5 audiences: 1) those connected directly to their cable network, 2) those at airports connected to WiFi that may be either strong or weak, 3) those on the metro where only above ground has connectivity, 4) those traveling connected to a hotel WiFi anywhere in the world and those WiFi are not particularly robust and are affected by bandwidth, ie too many people on at the same time, and 5) those traveling using their hotspot on their smartphone which again is driven by bandwidth.

I am using my hotspot on my kindle fire to read the wash post. I will say I can watch Amazon movies on my tv via my hotspot, read my national geographic magazine on my kindle fire, read the USA Today on my kindle fire, my email on my kindle fire, etc via my hotspot. Thus the conclusion is that the wash post is not programmed efficiently to be a robust app. It needs a lot more work.

Initially I was pleased with the size of the photos on each of the stories in that they fit the kindle screen along with the caption. Now the photos are too long and require scrolling to see the whole photo and caption. The wash post does contain lots of news articles and each is delineated well and you know when you have reached the end of the article. The listing of news articles is easy access and stories are easy to jump to. Once they fix the clumsiness it will be a good app. The need to learn from Amazon in how to deliver documents efficiently...where is Jeff Bezos on this???

Wilson Electronics Sleek 4g Kit - Retail Packaging - Black
Wilson Electronics Sleek 4g Kit - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $115.99
89 used & new from $93.16

5.0 out of 5 stars cell phone power booster, January 1, 2015
I have tested the device and it does provide a boost to the cell phone signal. It takes a little time to learn what to do and how to monitor the power. So far I have tested it at home where my cell phone power is poor. This increased it from 48% to 55%. I also tested it at my brother in laws where I can't get cell phone coverage unless I stand by a window. It did increase the power about the same as above. I will do further testing when we are in Florida where in campgrounds the power is very iffy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13