Profile for Carolyn Mchale > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 145

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carolyn Mchale "guru-ette" RSS Feed (Washington DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack Sport Briefs - Colors May Vary, Assorted, Large
Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack Sport Briefs - Colors May Vary, Assorted, Large
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent underwear, July 26, 2015
I really wanted Hanes, but they aren't carried any more. This brand is the next best. Important is that my husband is comfortable with them.

BISSELL CleanView Complete Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology, 8531
Price: $119.99
14 used & new from $95.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vacuum for the price, July 26, 2015
Bissell Vacuum Cleanview 8531 series - Amazon 6/22/2015

I reviewed many upright vacuum cleaners looking for all the options that I desired in a vacuum. I wanted 1) turn off switch for brushes when using tool set; 2) bagless; 3) long hose to be able to vacuum 6 steps and clean up from hair cutting; 4) rewind cable; 5) easy to clean; 6) position of the on/off switch

I cut my husband's hair and have always needed a tool set attachment to clean up the hair. The hose on the vacuum or an additional hose must be long enough to reach about 6 feet at least without pulling the vacuum cleaner over on its back. The hose on this vacuum is a little too short, when stretched it reaches about 54 inches. If you are at the top of the steps and are stretching the hose the vacuum cleaner will fall over. It is better to be at the bottom of the stairs to stretch the hose upward. I decided that I would use my current extender hose but alas they didn't fit together. Both were the same size. So up to my local vacuum cleaner repair place to buy a connector/adapter. Well he showed me that you just "force it on"!! The rubber stretches and if you heat it with a hair dryer for a short while, it will hold the shape.

This Bissell does have the turn off switch for the brushes. I could find no vacuum under $100 that had this feature. Only the Bissell 8531 and the Hoover UH70120 Pet ($130) had this feature. Eureka AS3008A vacuum had a tool setting that retracks the brushes but they are still on. The switch is on the left front of the vacuum and is easy to use with your foot.

All the vacuum cleaners had adequate cords of 25 or 27 feet. The rewind feature is on most all vacuum cleaners. Once I used it I love it and would highly recommend this feature. Only when you use it, touch the rewind in small bursts so you don't snap the cable into your leg or the furniture. There is a clip at the handle area where you can clip the cord to keep it out of the way when sweeping.

Bagless feature is great. I recommend that you get the cleaners with a washable filter so you don't have to purchase them. This has a washable filter. Boy does it get dirty after a couple of cleaning jobs! I first cleaned the downstairs rec room and emptied all the dirt in the vacuum...what a lot there was!! Then I cleaned the upstairs (living room, kitchen and one bedroom) and again emptied the dirt. Boy, once again what a lot of dirt!! I like to wipe out the inside of the container with a damp paper towel. Sometimes some of the dirt gets caught up in the top area. I didn't know but inner cyclone may be removed and cleaned for it gets quite dirty. You twist the cyclone clockwise to unlock and pull straight down to remove.

The on/off button is high on the handle which is easy to reach. It is not a "light switch" type but more of a button. Push once and it is on, push again and it is off.

This is a pet model but I don't have pets. I wanted it for the on/off switch on the brushes.

I have my setting at the middle and sometimes it is tough to push straight ahead over the nap, but always easy to pull back. I have to experiment with the settings to make it easier to push. My carpets are not high nap, but more on the medium side. On the Berber carpet it was easy to push and pull.

When the vacuum arrived it was very easy to put together, 2 screws to hold the handle on, and snap the hose onto the machine..presto it was ready to use. The most difficult thing was to get the vacuum out of the box for it was so tightly packed. The hose connection to the vacuum is a twist and snap - very firm connection. The connection to the bottom where the brushes are located, sucking up the debris from the floor, is not as strong. You just press the hose adapter into the hole. If you don't do it tight enough it pops out while you are vacuuming.

I have had it one month and am very happy with my purchase.

Blue Hill, 52"x70"; White Flannel Backed,Heavy weight Vinyl Tablecloth
Blue Hill, 52"x70"; White Flannel Backed,Heavy weight Vinyl Tablecloth
Offered by Blue Hill Products LLC
Price: $23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablecloth to use as a protector cloth for a dining table, July 26, 2015
I use this table cloth as a liner under a regular table cloth for my dining room table. I don't have pads for the pine drop leaf table and using this type of a lined tablecloth works just fine to protect the finish of the table. I just refinished the table after having it 40 years and I want to keep it another 40!!!

Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack No-Fly Sport Briefs, Black & Gray, Large
Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack No-Fly Sport Briefs, Black & Gray, Large
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Underwear OK, July 25, 2015
My husband was satisfied with the underwear. I really wanted Hanes but this wasn't carried any longer

The National Parks: Our American Landscape
The National Parks: Our American Landscape
by Ian Shive
Price: $19.41
62 used & new from $9.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad spine glue so the cover comes off, July 25, 2015
I bought this as a gift for our French friends. The first time I opened the book (softback) the spine broke off of the book. Arrrgh. I ended up pasting it back on, but this was not good. The construction is poor. Maybe the hardback book is better. Otherwise the book has beautiful pictures of our National Parks and is a great memory book to give as a gift.

The Lincoln Memorial: The History and Legacy of Washington D.C.'s Famous Monument
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book but it could have been more informative, July 25, 2015
The narrative was informative but I was expecting more about the underground caverns and the actual building of the memorial.

Teva Women's Omnium Sandal,Slate,7 M US
Teva Women's Omnium Sandal,Slate,7 M US
Price: $77.30
12 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandal, July 25, 2015
This review is from: Teva Women's Omnium Sandal (Shoes)
these sandals fit well. You can wear them all day without a problem. The material is soft and pliable so they don't rub or cause discomfort.

Teva Women's Numa Print W Sandal,Brown,7 M US
Teva Women's Numa Print W Sandal,Brown,7 M US
Price: $38.99
11 used & new from $37.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandal, July 25, 2015
These sandals are excellent and I love them. They fit and you can wear them all day without a problem.

Teva Women's Butano 2 Sandal
Teva Women's Butano 2 Sandal

2.0 out of 5 stars Fit not good, July 25, 2015
One of the cutouts on the toe area hits against the little toe and it is uncomfortable. I returned these sandals for I didn't like the fit. These are also a different material...not soft but hard so they don't give

Whimsy by Lunaire Barbados Stripe Demi Bra, 42DD, Nude
Whimsy by Lunaire Barbados Stripe Demi Bra, 42DD, Nude

5.0 out of 5 stars great bra, June 23, 2015
fits great and looks sexy. light weight, quick dry for traveling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15