Profile for Jessica V. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jessica V. RSS Feed (Chicago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
8 - 10.1 inch Café in Paris Silver Gray Netbook Notebook Laptop Sleeve Bag Carrying Case - Dual Side Printed for iPad, Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Samsung
Offered by MyGift
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great design, holds up over time., November 2, 2013
The case is heavy duty and provides a lot of padding in addition to protecting from superficial damage. I've been using it for about two years now, and it is still in the same condition it was in when I purchased it.

The design is tres cute, as well. :)

Mean Girls
Mean Girls
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A comedy classic., November 2, 2013
This review is from: Mean Girls (Amazon Instant Video)
Do not be deceived by all of the pink into thinking this is a chick flick. It's a great comedy, especially for anyone who has had to navigate the hostile jungle of a cliquey high school.

Why haven't you seen this movie yet? Join the rest of us in a delightful future of quoting these one liners on a near-daily basis.

Dark Horse Deluxe Game of Thrones 11 oz Coffee Mug Stark
Dark Horse Deluxe Game of Thrones 11 oz Coffee Mug Stark
Price: $12.55
17 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving the mug a year later., November 2, 2013
The logo is bold and neat, and the mug has stood up to heavy use over the last year and looks as shiny and new as the day we bought it.

Smith & Wesson CKTACBSD Tactical Serrated Drop Point Knife, Black
Smith & Wesson CKTACBSD Tactical Serrated Drop Point Knife, Black
Price: $13.62
23 used & new from $4.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Good knife for everyday use., November 2, 2013
It was very sharp upon arrival, and seems pretty heavy duty. It has a smooth tip and is serrated at the base.

I use it almost everyday for something or another -- there's always something to open, cut apart, etc, and friends and family are always digging into my purse to get it out.

I also like that there is a clip on it, so when I have to take care of errands by myself at night or in sketchy places I can just clip it somewhere inconspicuous for self defense.

The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer [binder edition]: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiquette, Calendars, and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
by Carley Roney
Edition: Ring-bound
Price: $23.09
90 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifeline for the super-organized DIY bride., November 2, 2013
This has made my wedding planning so much simpler.

The PROs: It is so organized! Everything is tabulated, including sections for the timeline and budget, the outfits and styling, the catering, the entertainment, etc. There are pockets included for holding receipts and business cards, which was very handy. The binder opens and closes, so you can add more pages yourself, such as menus, contracts, etc.

The CONs: The binder seems to be written under the assumption that you are an heiress with an enormous wedding budget. (The sample budget was $30,000, not even in my ballpark!) It constantly suggests you get a wedding planner, when the whole purpose of the binder is to plan it yourself.

Some people have argued that you could easily print out all the pages online and made a similar binder yourself. That's possible, but in this case, someone else has already done that for you, and in a nice, sturdy binder. Isn't that worth saving yourself one more thing to do? :)

I took this with me to every meeting we had with different venues and shops and it has been a lifesaver.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2014 3:32 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and good for even the most sensitive skin., November 2, 2013
I LOVE this product. I've been using it for years to remove my eye makeup at the end of the day, and it's gentle on the eyes and very effective at removing even the most stubborn mascara. I recommend buying at least one more than you think you need.

Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass Series)
Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass Series)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fun romp though Kentucky with Molly Harper., November 2, 2013
Reading a Molly Harper story is like a fun night in with your girlfriends.

This is probably my least favorite Molly Harper read, so if you're new to the author, I'd recommend "My Bluegrass Baby" or her fantasy series starting with "Dead Girls Don't Have Fangs." That being said, it was still a good story, and I would recommend it. Harper really evokes the location of her novels, so if you love the small town feel Kentucky, this is almost like a vacation.

My only critique of this novella is that you don't really feel like you know the main character at the end of the story, whereas with Harper's other heroines, you feel a sort of bond. The real stars of this novella are the supporting cast, which create a fun backdrop for the action.

Definitely worth the low price of the novella, and I'd recommend reading her novels, as well.

NCAA Alabama Crimson Tide ID Wallet
NCAA Alabama Crimson Tide ID Wallet
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $11.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, but kind of a tight fit., November 2, 2013
The part of the wallet devoted to holding your smartphone is a little small. I have an Atrix HD, which is roughly the size of a Galaxy 4, and it will not fit inside unless I take off its case. With the phone inside, I can barely fit in my wallet contents. I wish it were just a little bigger, so I could fit my phone (with it's case), and possibly a tube of chapstick or some feminine products or something. Otherwise, it seems well made, and it's nice if you're running a quick errand just need your driver's license, phone, and a $20 bill or something small.

The Giver (Giver Quartet)
The Giver (Giver Quartet)
by Lois Lowry
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
334 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful introduction to literature and critical thinking for kids, November 2, 2013
When I read this book as a child, it quickly became my favorite book. I reread it recently as an adult, and discovered that it was still one of my favorites.

Jonas, on his 12th birthday, is given the weighty honor of holding all of his utopian society's memories of love and pain and everything that makes us human. With each new memory he receives from the "Giver," the retiring former holder of that job, he is forced to face the best and worst parts of the world that his society has decided to shun.

I strongly recommend that children read this between 4th or 5th grade. It will give them an appetite for true literature, and will encourage critical thinking about themselves and their world.

(I also strongly recommend that EVERYONE reads it, regardless of age. Devote a Saturday to it. You'll be so glad you did.)

Crucial 2GB Single DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Module CT25664BF1339
Offered by CalvinNHobbs
Price: $19.50
5 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Successfully installed and used right away., November 2, 2013
I've been using this for a couple weeks now, and I've noticed a big change in the speed of my netbook.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4