Profile for Trevor Waldron > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Trevor Waldron RSS Feed (Spokane, WA)

Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer, Black
Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer, Black
Price: $146.40
12 used & new from $135.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a look at my uploaded image of my weight, proof it worked for me!, August 21, 2014
Words cannot describe how happy I am that I bought this scale. I purchased this along with the Withings Pulse. I hate to admit it, but I barely used the Pulse. It was a hassle to wear and it tracked driving as exercise. Okay, enough about the Pulse, let's talk about the Smart Body Analyzer. I have used this consistently since purchase. It has been by far the largest motivator for my weight loss. I cannot describe it. Sure, I care about my looks, my health, and what people think about me. But this scale has really added a strange motivator that I have never experienced before. Before, I would be "bad" and eat fast food, knowing it wasn't going to help me loose weight, but I just ate it not really caring. Now, I always am pushed by my progress, that ever growing downward trend of weigh-ins is so very powerful. I have lost 35 pounds in the last nine months time. I plan to lose another ten pounds to reach my ideal body weight, and feel confident that I can achieve that now. It's hard to explain it, other than it's very much like a game to me.

I highly recommend that if you buy this with the intention to lose weight, that you make a very strong effort to do so over the first couple of weeks and weigh in at least daily. That way, you can set yourself up for success and push yourself to keep that graph going down down down. Sure, you will weigh in and sometimes you will weigh heavier than the day before. But the beauty of it is that if you work hard and stick with healthy eating and exercise, you most certainly will see the trend head down.

I uploaded my weigh ins on the scale since I bought it back in November. Take a look, each dot on the graph represents a weigh-in. The line then is the trend, or average.
Comment Comment | Permalink

VW Volkswagen Single Center Cap Replacement GENUINE OEM BRAND NEW
VW Volkswagen Single Center Cap Replacement GENUINE OEM BRAND NEW
Offered by sagchasvw
Price: $11.51
9 used & new from $11.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits in a 2003 VW Jetta, August 21, 2014
Fits my 2003 VW Jetta like a charm. Popped in and looks like the other three OEM caps in place already.

Prism Snapshot 2.5 Speed Foil Kite, Yellow
Prism Snapshot 2.5 Speed Foil Kite, Yellow
Offered by Trader Moes
Price: $159.95
6 used & new from $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome kite, even more awesome company!, May 3, 2014
Took the kite out in 10+ mph winds today and it was soaring! Lifted me off the ground a couple of times. Very happy with this kite. I've had smaller ones in the past, but they couldn't pull like this. Be careful though, I'm taller and it pulls me quite hard, thought about if my shorter wife tried flying it, and how it would send her in the air for sure.

Recently had to contact Prism's customer support. Was blown away with their service, they are fantastic! I really appreciate their response, and will be buying all my future kites from them. Stellar!

If you're shopping for a kite that will pull you hard, look no further.

Evil Dead
Evil Dead
DVD ~ Jane Levy
Price: $4.99
109 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not meant to be a remake of the original film, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Evil Dead (DVD)
Being a fan of the first Evil Dead, second, and Army of Darkness you can enjoy this as long as you don't have false expectations.

Most of the one and two star reviews are people upset that it was a bad remake. But was it meant to be? Bruce Campbell did not intend for this to be viewed as a "remake", rather it should be viewed as a new Evil Dead. Should they have named it Evil Dead 5? It's been over thirty years now since Evil Dead was in theaters, do people really think they were going to remake it with the same script and cheesy special effects? Have you seen what Bruce has been up to in the last couple of decades? His IMDb reads like a list of movies I wouldn't watch on an 18 hour flight if it was all I had.

He decided that instead of try another comical remake, to go at it sincerely with amazing special effects, both CGI and prosthetic. Not to mention the innovative camera work. Sure the plot is pretty thin, but can you really say any great horror movie has a very robust plot? The Exorcist, girl gets possessed and her mom does all she can to help her. Psycho, crazy cross-dresser kills people. Rear Window, curious photographer witnesses a murder in an apartment. For me, the plot was enough, and just that. There's always the struggle in any horror to carry a story, but still maintain suspense. Too much of either doesn't work well.

Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable 10 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $11.99
6 used & new from $11.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly as advertised, October 17, 2012
My second display is over six feet from where my computer is. This allowed me to not have to move either as they are both well positioned. My Spyder4 shows no loss in image signal with the extra four feet so I'm very happy. Running it daily for a month now with no problems.

Marpac DOHM-DS, Natural White Noise (actual fan inside) Sound Machine, Tan
Marpac DOHM-DS, Natural White Noise (actual fan inside) Sound Machine, Tan
Price: $49.95
32 used & new from $46.45

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, March 14, 2012
This works. Works better than any fan, radio, white noise machine, sound machine, you name it. Our daughter was having trouble sleeping, especially since our neighbor got a new and loud dog. With her room facing our neighbor's house, her sleeping with this on is nothing short of a miracle. It does take a few nights to get used to it, especially if you have it on the loudest possible settings.

The sound is similar to a muffled fan vacuum noise only somewhat more soothing. It's trick is the fact that there's no loop or interruption point. One solid sound all through the night. This thing works so well that when it's on it can be alarming how little you can hear outside your room. Surprised to not see more door locks being advertised alongside this product. Joking aside, this thing works better than I hoped. Judging by the almost 2k positive reviews, I think it's safe to say it should work for you too.

Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
Price: $149.95
86 used & new from $97.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Compared to the Omega, this one is ok, July 22, 2011
I bought the Breville centrifugal juicer and the Omega masticating juicer to give them both a hands on try. Both are well built, semi-easy to clean, and deliver great juice. It is best I detail their performance below.

Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juicing Machine $149.99

Pros -
Fast juicing (can juice whole apples or 5 carrots at once)
Good looking
Excellent instructions with included recipes
Pouring cup contains a froth catcher
Excellent price for the quality or product

Heats the juice slightly making it warmer
Does not juice wheatgrass or any leafy greens
Moist pulp means juice and nutrients are lost and wasted
Cleanup can be time consuming due to the amount of parts and fine mesh screen that requires full scrubbing each use
Pretty loud, comparable to a food processor

Looks awesome
Easy to clean up
Juices wheatgrass and leafy greens well
Runs quietly
Keeps juice at original temperature (cold)
Preserves full nutrients of juice while reducing oxidation (a bad thing)
Includes attachments to make pasta, baby food, ground coffee, and more

Slower processing due to small chute
Juice container smaller
More prone to clogging if fed too much at once, has a reverse button incase though
Instructions lack juice recipes and detail

Speed = 3
Juice output = 4.5
Juice quality = 5
Cleanup = 5
Noise = 4
Total score = 4.25 out of 5

Overall I would highly recommend purchasing the Omega J8005 Nutrition Center if you are serious about juicing. With the ten year warranty I feel confident that this will be on the counter in my kitchen for years to come. The juice it makes is so good my 2 1/2 year old loves it! We fib and tell her it's apple juice or pineapple juice when there's greens mixed in and she loves it. I returned the Breville feeling somewhat guilty returning a product as fine as it is. If you have the money go for this Omega, if you are on a budget and greens are not a priority then I would say the Breville is an excellent choice!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2012 12:30 PM PST

Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear household Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black
Price: $216.63
59 used & new from $140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought a Breville and an Omega, kept the Omega, July 22, 2011
I bought the Breville centrifugal juicer and the Omega masticating juicer to give them both a hands on try. Both are well built, semi-easy to clean, and deliver great juice. Best to compare the two below.

Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juicing Machine $149.99

Pros -
Fast juicing (can juice whole apples or 5 carrots at once)
Good looking

Looks awesome
Easy to clean up
Juices wheatgrass and leafy greens well
Runs quietly
Keeps juice at original temperature (cold)
Preserves full nutrients of juice while reducing oxidation (a bad thing)
Includes attachments to make pasta, baby food, ground coffee, and more

Juice quality = 5
Cleanup = 5
Noise = 4
Total score = 4.25 out of 5

Overall I would highly recommend purchasing the Omega J8005 Nutrition Center if you are serious about juicing. With the ten year warranty I feel confident that this will be on the counter in my kitchen for years to come. The juice it makes is so good my 2 1/2 year old loves it! We fib and tell her it's apple or pineapple juice when there's greens mixed in and she loves it. I returned the Breville feeling somewhat guilty returning a product as fine as it is. If you have the money go for the Omega, if you are on a budget and greens are not a priority then I would say the Breville is an excellent choice!

Update** 9/28/2011
After over two months of juicing this thing is keeping strong! I will update in a few months time.

Update*** 9/25/2012
After a year of juicing with this beast it runs as nicely as the first time! Really cannot say enough good things about this machine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the Best!, January 9, 2007
Buy this player if you are not sure. I spent a month looking at every review and every spec and this is by far the best PVP, or even mp3 player around. The ONLY thing that I was disappointed with is the charging through the USB cord. I bought a 30$ charger on amazon, and now can charge with any outlet.

The resolution is far beyond what you will ever need, and it stores more than enough video for vacation. Screw the wi-fi model, buy this one!