Profile for N. Lee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Lee RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Gulfstream Tropical AGU00528 Ista Max Mix Co2 Reactor for Aquarium, Medium
Gulfstream Tropical AGU00528 Ista Max Mix Co2 Reactor for Aquarium, Medium
Price: $17.45
3 used & new from $17.45

4.0 out of 5 stars check for imperfections, February 12, 2014
I have an ista max mix medium and for the money, it's not bad. You'd be hard pressed to build something more professional looking for that price. I power it with a powerhead since I don't currently have a canister. Based on the concerns of them leaking, I've seen people usually put additional small hose clamps or something on the connection points. Be careful not to overtighten since it's only plastic and may crack. Because of the leak concerns, I just put the whole thing inside my tank and semi hid it with plants. I understand that this is not optimal for some people so it's something to think about.

The other issue with it is since the propeller inside is critical to the mixing process, you need more flow to spin the propeller faster if you want to push your CO2 injection rate higher. Otherwise, CO2 will build up on the top section of the chamber where the propeller is, the water level will be lower than the propeller, and then it'll just stop mixing. I experimented with different powerheads until I got the one that was powerful enough to do the job. If you go that route, I recommend the Hydor Pico line. They've got a decent amount of power and more importantly, they're whisper quiet! 180GPH is probably the least I'd go with. Here's one with a claimed 300GPH. Hydor Centrifical Pump 300 All-Purpose Pump for Aquariums and Terrariums 300 GPH - Original Pico Evolution 1200 Any less, and you'll be restricting how much CO2 you can mix in. The pico also has adjustable flow so if you discover you want less co2 and slower flow you can do so.

Finally, like the reviewer before me, Brandon Miller, I discovered that there was also a little extra flashing (imperfection) from the moulding process inside the intake tube that I had to file down. This was restricting the water flow into the chamber. So even though I had a powerful powerhead, all the flow was being restricted, and it was not mixing in as much co2 as I wanted. For the first few days from when I first got it until I found the problem, I thought the reactor was faulty since the propeller refused to spin properly.

Dyson DC56 Hard- Hardfloor Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC56 Hard- Hardfloor Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by EZoverstock
Price: $246.35
5 used & new from $105.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is this not an attachment option to a DC44?, December 7, 2013
I glanced through all the reviews and I didn't seem to see anyone too bothered by one glaring issue! Reviewer, Amazoned, mentioned it in his/her review under side note #2 but I feel that this is such a problem that it warrants its own review entry. The head of this unit should also be available as an attachment to an existing DC44! What's the point of having two battery powered suction units that are essentially the same? I physically inspected this at a local store and verified that you cannot just take the head and attach it to either a DC44 or a DC35. The external physical dimensions at the attachment point are compatible but internally they are not compatible. So the DC44 includes power contacts that get in the way but couldn't there have simply been a collar connector piece like the standard dyson hard floor tool? In the DC35, it's almost even more insulting. The physical dimensions of the tube are perfectly matched -- internal AND external! The only thing preventing you from connecting them is a small ridge. I'm almost tempted to sand it down and connect it anyway if I had a DC35.

So this morning, I'm watching an informercial for the Shark Rocket what do I see? An attachment called the Dust Away that resembles the Dyson Hard's head! For those who don't know, the Shark Rocket is Shark's attempt to copy a DC44. While it may have is glaring weaknesses, (extra weight and a long power cord .. for some, this may actually be a plus) they were smart enough to make the Dust Away a simple attachment rather than to thinly disguise what seems to be an attempt to grab extra revenue by forcing the purchase of an entirely new unit. Why even make the "Hard" attachment detachable if that's the case?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 6:05 PM PST

Fluval Ceramic 88g-CO2 Diffuser - 3.1 Ounces
Fluval Ceramic 88g-CO2 Diffuser - 3.1 Ounces
Price: $5.49
4 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice economical diffuser, August 16, 2013
If you're looking for an alternative to the glass diffusers off Ebay but don't feel like paying $30 or more for a top quality atomizer, this one doesn't do a bad job at all. The first day, it wasn't exactly atomizing correctly and the fine misty bubbles accumulated on the edges and it gave off big co2 bubbles and I'm thinking .. here goes, this is what you get for being cheap. But, I gave it another day for the water to thoroughly soak it and right now it's working perfectly. Superfine bubbles.

BoldLoft "Say I Love You" Couple Pillowcases-Christmas Gifts,Romantic Anniversary Gifts,Wedding Gifts,Valentine's Day Gifts,Gifts for Him,Gifts for Her
Offered by BoldLoft
Price: $36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute. Wife loves it., August 16, 2013
I saw this from some random google search for present ideas and it fit the bill perfectly for the wife. Very simplistic but gets the point across perfectly!

Frosted Vertical Rigid Plastic Card Dispenser SPID-0065, Sold Individually
Frosted Vertical Rigid Plastic Card Dispenser SPID-0065, Sold Individually
Offered by TradeExpress
Price: $3.34
4 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my needs!, August 16, 2013
This is perfect for people who have ID cards that have a magnetic stripe that is used for swipe access. You orient the magnetic stripe to the open side and slide it halfway out and swipe. These Frosted Rigid Plastic Horizontal Half Card Holder 1840-8000 are "alright." They work but sometimes your card falls out when they're old and also the card gets stressed at the halfway point and cracks in half when IT gets old. This "card dispenser" is much better because it protects the entire card when not in use and I'd imagine it'd be less stress on the card over time since there's no consistent halfway point where it may get inadvertently bent.

Galaxy S4 Screen Protector, Spigen Clear Steinheil Screen Protector for Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - Ultra Oleophobic (SGP10197)

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical spigen quality, August 16, 2013
I have no complaints. My second Spigen screen protector product. Beautiful optical clarity. Feels and looks like nothing's on. Waterless application is definitely a win too!

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return

5.0 out of 5 stars apparently quality of cables matter for charging purposes, August 16, 2013
So I never realized this previously. I thought cable was cable. But when it comes to charging a power hungry device, it definitely makes a HUGE difference. I previously matched up some generic dollar store usb cables to one of these PowerGen Black 3.6Amps / 18W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices chargers and was getting a real crappy recharge rate. Swapped them out for the amazon basics cable and solved the problem. Now recharging very fast!

PowerGen 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Turbo CHARGE! -- but mind your usb cables, August 16, 2013
I couldn't resist. This thing really charges up both the Galaxy S4 and the Iphone 4S amazingly fast. In addition to plugging your device to the right port, another thing to be aware of is the cable you're using too. I originally had a cruddy dollar store usb cable and I was quite disappointed. I thought, here I am, with essentially Amazon's FASTEST charger, charging a GS4 at 1% per FIFTEEN minutes -- and I'm SURE I have it in the right port. I swapped it out for the stock samsung usb cable and ZOOM, I literally watched the percentages fly up! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but definitely you can get a 1% boost in 2 to 3 minutes. Really useful for those days when you're in dire need of power and your next destination is only 15 minutes away. Quick jolt of juice to get you good for the next couple hours. Just beware of your cables if you're not getting the rate of charge you expected. The amazon basics line of usb cables will work well too if you don't want to get ripped off by stock cables. AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (3 Feet / 0.9 Meters), 2 Pack

E LV Slim Fit Flex TPU+PC Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 S IV i9500 with 1 Clear Screen Protector, 1 Black Stylus and 1 E LV Microfiber Digital Cleaner (Samsung Galaxy S4, Light Purple)
Offered by Turn On Tech
Price: $8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the money, August 16, 2013
So, the old adage of you get what you paid for applies here. The one I got showed up with the rubber a little split on one side from the frosted back. I was considering returning it but it was easier to just slip some glue in and fix it. In the end, the frosted back is more opaque than the pictures show and it sort of makes the whole thing look cheap. The "bumper" of the TPU edge also did not raise the edges enough to truly offer any protection to the face of the phone. We ended up picking the Luvvitt Armor Shell instead and the quality difference was remarkable.

LUVVITT® ARMOR SHELL Double Layer Shock Absorbing Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV (LIFETIME WARRANTY | Retail Packaging) - Pink

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars looks good .. but not as practical as I thought, August 17, 2012
I like this item quite a bit because it looks very sleek. It's one of the visually nicest holders I've ever seen and I probably would've been happy with it. Except, I happened to have purchased its bigger brother too. iOttie One-Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 4S 4 3GS Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 Epic Touch 4G HTC OneX EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR BIONIC INCREDIBLE 2 CHARGE Google Nexus BlackBerry Torch LG Revolution GPS Compact Size 360 degree Rotatable

Using the one touch feature on that was such a joy that I decided to give this one up, knock a star off, and purchase another One-Touch. As I mentioned in my One-Touch review, if they had that feature on this ball joint bracket with the One-Touch's dashboard capable suction cup, it'd be the perfect iOttie. See my review of the One-Touch here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3Q61OWYJARRXY/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

So, buy this one, if you're after the looks and you can't live with the appearance of the other one, but it's definitely more worth it to spend a little extra and go with the other one in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2