Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Surly Clotpole > Reviews

Browse

Surly Clotpole's Profile

Customer Reviews: 623

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Surly Clotpole RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
StarTech.com Travel A/V adapter: 2-in-1 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI or VGA converter
Price: $29.95
61 used & new from $20.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adapter., February 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This adapter along with a my blutooth keyboard and mouse lets me use my laptop as home computer. easy to set up and it's working like a charm. This will have to do until they come out with a wifi monitor.

ThermoPro TP-04 Large LCD Digital Grilling Oven, Cooking, Meat Thermometer Built in Cooking Clock Timer with Stainless Steel Step-Down Probe
Offered by i-Tronics
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Thermometer I've Found and at a Great Price., February 4, 2016
For the price it's about the best temp gauge out there with one drawback. Here are the pro's and the con.

Pro's:
• The numbers are nice and big and that's good for all of the baby boomers that have lost their good eyesight. I don't need my reading glasses.
• It's easy to set it to the temp that you desire.
• It's easy to figure out without using a manual.
• It has a meat selection menu so you can cook the meat to the required temp that it's suppose to be.
• It has a stand to use it vertically but you can close it to use it horizontally.
• It feels quality, not like some gauges that feel like they will break it you dropped them 2" from the counter.
• The price is great compared with other temp gauges, it's around half the price of the gauges with high ratings.
Con:
• It has magnets to mount it on metal but they are very weak. They barely hold up the weight of the thermometer.
I'm replacing them with rare earth magnets since I'm going to use it for my oven mainly so that's where I want it to hang from.

Overall I would give it four and a half stars since the magnet problem is easily fixable for me.

Dagoba Assortment Gift Box, 22.64 Ounce
Dagoba Assortment Gift Box, 22.64 Ounce
Price: $37.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Four Flavors of Quality Midpriced Chocolate Bars. Two I Hated and Two I Loved, January 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With this collection Hershey seems to be going after the mid priced chocolate connoisseur. The chocolate tastes like quality chocolate and has no bitterness. You get 8-2.38 oz. bars in a nice gift box. It's hard to review something like this since everybody has their own idea what good chocolate should taste like. Normally with dark chocolate I want it strictly rich dark chocolate nothing more and I want it strong but not bitter which is a tall order for low end brands. Here is my take on the chocolate collection from my favorite to least favorite.

1. Rich Chocolate. I had a feeling that was going to be my favorite before I had tried it. It is a straight to the point, no nonsense strong rich dark chocolate bar with a good flavor and barely any bitterness. It also leaves a good aftertaste in your mouth which is the sign of a good dark chocolate. It has 74% cacao.

2. Xocolatl. I was surprised that that made my 2nd choice since it was mixed with other things. It is 74% cacao with cacao nibs and chili pieces mixed into it. Two things I love the most chili peppers and dark chocolate... it's fun just to let it melt in your mouth and let the chili flakes burn your taste buds. This chocolate bar I had the most trouble stopping since I loved the burn when I ate it. It's almost up with my first choice.

3. Dark Chocolate. This is where things get worse for me. Since this has 59% cacao it's like a PG version of dark chocolate... not really strong, not really that dark tasting. This bar tastes like it is dark chocolate and a little milk chocolate blended together.

4. Lavender Blueberry. It's the 59% cacao bar with little bits of blueberry and lavender in it. It might be alright for a milk chocolate bar but they just don't go well with a dark chocolate bar, no matter how low the percentage of cacao it has in it. Not good.

That's my impression of the collection. Some things but since everybody has different tastes you can use it to decide whether you would like it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Flip Cover Wallet Folio, Black
Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Flip Cover Wallet Folio, Black
Offered by Techno Discounters USA
Price: $8.44
30 used & new from $1.45

2.0 out of 5 stars NIce and Thin, Holds Only One Card and Whatever You Do Don't Drop It!, January 18, 2016
For the price it is it's alright but there are some huge shortcomings with this case. I found out the major problem at the expense of my phone.

Pros:
• A back cover is what attaches to your phone it replaces the original cover which makes the case narrower than other wallet phones but at a price. I'll get to that in the cons area.
• It's nice to open the flip cover and have the phone automatically turn on.
• For the price the leather seems nice. Very thin but nice quality.

Cons:
• It only holds only one card and if you force it you can get two cards in but the door won't shut all of the way.
• You have no cash pocket like other wallet cases have.
• Since it is only held on by the back of the phone if you drop it it will come off easily and break into 3 pieces... The case will go one way the phone will go another way and the battery will go somewhere else. Do not buy it for protection.
• Maybe mine is just bad but I keep getting this message that the back of my phone is not all of the way on even though it is.

So if you prefer thinner wallet case with the ability to only hold one card and you don't ever drop your phone this case is for you. If you want more of a wallet and more protection look for something else. For me I'm going back to my urban armor gear case and just carry a wallet.

PURE Certified Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil 8.5 Fl. Oz., Pack of 2
PURE Certified Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil 8.5 Fl. Oz., Pack of 2
Offered by CalPure Foods
Price: $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price., January 17, 2016
This Avocado oil has a pure rich flavor in which you can taste the avocado and it is bright green like it should be. Avocado oil is comparable to olive oil in about every way but for me it tastes better but that's my opinion. The Chosen Few avocado oil is flat and flavorless and also lacks any color that quality avocado oil should have. The Pure Extra Virgin is more money but is worth it.

Optima Collection Platinum Level Complete Bath Set, includes 4 Bath Towels, 4 Hand Towels, and 4 Washcloths, 100% Eco-Friendly Pre-Consumer Regenerated Cotton
Price: $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice in Some Ways a Let Down in Other Ways., January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price and description the towels were a little bit of a let down. We were expecting plusher towels but they were more like standard density towels. The bath towels should of been larger. The towels do a good job on absorbency and they are very soft I just wish they would be a little thicker as the description leads you to believe.

Thule SnowPack Roof Mounted Ski/Snowboard Carrier, 6 Pair
Thule SnowPack Roof Mounted Ski/Snowboard Carrier, 6 Pair
Offered by Backcountry
Price: $239.95
22 used & new from $217.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Skiers/Snowboarders., January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you buy Thule you always get a great product, this is no different. When you receive this the first thing you notice is how heavy it is. It is made with heavy duty extruded aluminum and high grade plastic which will last you forever. Thule's customer service is great too, they never make you feel like you are a nuisance if you call them up.

I have a factory rack which it attached to perfectly. The way the clamping system is it can hook on most racks with no problem no matter how thick or thin they are. This attachment rack comes with two different heights of bushings to adjust for the curve of your skis but it doesn't seem that necessary since the rack keeps the skis far enough away for any skis or snowboards you have. It's nice to have that option though.

Putting your skis on is easy you just unlock the racks with the keys (supplied) at one side of the rack and it opens up with a hinge on the other side. You lay your ski's and or snowboards in and close it back up, that's it! The clamp will automatically adjust to the thickness of the items that you put on it. one note if you have a thin item don't put it in between two items that are thicker since the bar will be adjusted to the thicker boards put them on opposite sides of the rack.

This is the nicest way to carry your skis/snowboards it's easy to take them off and lock them securely back on. They are expensive but they are worth it.

Dualshock 4 Charging Cradle(japan Import)
Dualshock 4 Charging Cradle(japan Import)
Offered by J.P. Kos
Price: $21.59
110 used & new from $21.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Charging Stand Out., January 8, 2016
This seems like the best, easiest to use charger out there and it barely takes any space up at all. It has such a simple uncomplicated design plus it has some weight to it, it feels solid. You get used to putting the controls on very quickly and after a while you don't even have to think about it. I really like this charger and I highly recommend it.

inFAMOUS: Second Son Standard Edition (PlayStation 4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son Standard Edition (PlayStation 4)
Price: $19.99
137 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same InFamous only different., December 28, 2015
This is basically the same as the first InFamous with a different character and 3 different powers to choose from instead of just one. Your 3 powers include: smoke (you charge up with things on fire or smoke stacks), neon (you recharge with neon signs) and digital (you recharge with satellite dishes or TV's). Each of the powers you can upgrade to gain new abilities and a more powerful arsenal. The look and feel of the game is like playing the first InFamous so are the graphics they use along with the choosing to go down the good path or the evil path, each having different cut scenes and endings.

Since I was a huge fan of the first 2 games I loved this game just as much. Even though I loved this game I still think they should end this series so it doesn't get old like other games have.

HP Pavilion 13-s128nr x360 13.3-Inch Full-HD 2-in-1 Laptop (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) with Windows 10
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $559.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Laptop, December 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the smallest laptop I've owned but it seems like I like it better than any other one. Reasons why... It is thin, compact and light which I like. You fold it back 360 degrees or anywhere in between so I can use it as a pad, although it's a clumsy pad but what do you expect from a laptop. With the solid state hard drive you don't have to wait that long for the computer to start up. There is no CD drive which personally I like, this computer wouldn't be as thin if it did. The battery does last forever, not as long as they say but 8 hours is fine with me. The sound system is great for a laptop I wish they could of put the speaker somewhere on the screen side but then it would kill the compactness of the computer. Windows 10 is so much better than Windows 8, it's surprising to me that it took so long to get Windows right... around 25 years.

Overall I really like this computer even though I miss the 15" screen, but I love everything else about it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20