Profile for Nicholas S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicholas S. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Sexy Fashion Design Pattern Pantyhose Stockings Tights - by HDE (Neko Cat Mock Thigh Highs)
Offered by HDE
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Too small, April 26, 2014
She loves them but, they are too small. Sizing chart and options should be available because these are definitely not one size fits all, and she is a slender 5'7".

Style Hunter Women's SS Maxi Dress Medium Black
Style Hunter Women's SS Maxi Dress Medium Black

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it, April 26, 2014
She was nervous ordering this, about it not fitting right, (she's about 5'7", 120lbs) and she ordered a medium. It fit perfectly to her natural curves and covered just the right areas. The solid black areas are in perfect placement, as are the mesh areas. She wore it out and immediately received compliments and curiosity. She (and I too) loves this dress. It also was delivered quite timely, and was folded neatly in package.

Zehui Sexy Womens Tattoo Sock Pantyhose Tights Silk Stocking Transparent Leggings The Cat's Head No.8
Offered by Demarkt INC
Price: $1.37
3 used & new from $1.37

4.0 out of 5 stars I think a sizing option is needed, April 26, 2014
I bought these for my girlfriend, along with other cat tights, and both were a bit difficult to get on due to her having very long legs. She and I both think they look great once she has them on and positioned comfortably, but the process is a bit more tedious than most would want when putting on tights. They are definitely meant for more slender figures. Other than that, once they are on, they look great. They arrived sealed and in mint condition. The only thing is we feel there should be size options for customers. Definitely not one size fits all.

Chasing Ghosts (Special Edition) [Explicit]
Chasing Ghosts (Special Edition) [Explicit]
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Impressive, February 21, 2013
Their lyrics and vocals are amazing and their lyrics are really deep if you read into them. This band is easily my new favorite and i think everyone should give them a chance. Their other album YoungBlood is great as well. My favorite song has to be Chasing Ghosts so far. Thank you to XM channel 37 Octane for getting me into them!

Youngbloods [Explicit]
Youngbloods [Explicit]
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Youngbloods [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
I just got into this band and went to FYE to get their CD since I like hard copies and could not wait to go back for this album, so I downloaded it here. I have been telling everyone about them and so far and nobody who listens to this type of music dislikes them. they are extremely diverse and their vocals are clean sounding and amazing. I can't wait for the next Album. I recommend this to everyone.

New Trent Airbender Mini - Rugged: Water Resistant, Dirt and Shockproof Wireless Bluetooth iPad Mini Keyboard case (upgraded version: fit Mini retina)
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $40.95
6 used & new from $40.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, But Not Great, August 24, 2012
Review for Arcadia IMP33S Glider

Tested on Ipad 2

I currently own another Bluetooth keyboard for my Ipad 2 and was looking for another one. I came across the Glider and decided to purchase it based on the sleek look of it and the keyboard functionality. After making the purchase I am pleased with the keyboard, but it does have a few drawbacks which are discussed below.

Pros:

· Sleek design and is not an eyesore to the user. Also looks great in a workstation.
· Shortcut keys are placed neatly on the device and include: cut, copy, paste, language selection, home key, picture slideshow, lock, search, and all music buttons.
· Holds the device at a good eye level. Seems to be about 60 degrees.
· Back of the keyboard can be used as a carrying case and the Ipad fits snug. The material is also made extremely smooth and I have no problems placing the glass against the back of the keyboard.
· Comes with a black cloth case. The material is fine and seems to be durable. I spilt coffee on it and it wiped right off.
· Keyboard is the right size for most people's hands.
· Connection seems to be much better since it is Bluetooth v3 instead of v2. I had issues with my old one connecting, but this one stays connected pretty well.
· The power button is a slide button and not a press, so there is no problem with turning the device on while in the case.
· When the Ipad is in the keyboard case on the backside, it has an auto shutoff feature, so it will not turn on while in transit or inside the case.

Cons:

· I have large hands and the compact style can become a problem with the right shift key since it is smaller than normal, but this seems to just be an issue with my hands.
· The viewing angel is not adjustable, but the keyboard I have that can be adjusted broke where it can be, so maybe this was a good idea.
· Seems a bit wobbly on the table, and can cause some stability issues. Seems like the keyboard was not cut at a direct 90 degree angle, and just wobbles sometimes while typing causing discomfort.
· The Ipad can slide out of the case if held wrong and I think it might slide out faster after some wear and tear.
· The area that holds the Ipad does not have a back, and therefore when placing the Ipad into the viewing position, it will hit whatever is underneath the keyboard. Mine hit my glass table top and made me cringe at the thought of an $800 Ipad hitting glass!
· Right shift key can cause some issues when typing. For instance, since the key is so short and the up arrow is next to it, often I will hit up and shift at the same time causing me to select everything I have typed. This of course happens when I am about to shift a key, so everything then becomes deleted since it is all selected and I have to press my key. It is a quick fix, but can become a hassle when taking notes in class. I delete my notes often and have to use the undo key.
· Cloth case it comes with fits pretty snug and I just hope it doesn't tear after a few months of use.

Overall this is product could have been a five out of five, but it lacks the design capabilities of being close to perfect. The flaws it possesses does not take away from its strengths, but it does hinder its progress. I like the sleek look and shortcut keys, and as a standalone keyboard it works fine minus the shift key issue. If I had smaller hands it would be a solid 4/5, but this issue makes me take off half a star. It is an upgrade from other keyboards I have owned, but with these issues it has taken a step backwards.

3.5/5 stars

4/5 for Amazon since I round up!

Sennheiser HD 555 Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser HD 555 Stereo Headphone
Offered by ShopCell
Price: $149.99
7 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for the Casual Listener, July 31, 2012
Review for Sennheiser HD555 Headphones

Time Used: Over One Year

I will start by saying I am not an audiophile or someone who knows the difference between the really good pair of headphones and the really great pair. What I do know is which headphones sound good for listening to music, playing video games, and just casual listening to movies and videos. I searched through a lot of reviews and eventually decided to buy a pair of these things, granted they were only $100 at the time, but even at this price range the payout is easily noticed.

Pros:

* Sound quality is bar none to any headphones I have previously used
* Ear pieces are extremely comfortable and after wearing them for a few minutes, I forget they are on my head
* Comes with a very long cord which is great since sometimes the audio port can be far from the device. For instance, when trying to listen through my audio box for my piano, the box itself is far enough from the piano where the long cord comes in handy
* Clarity is so high I can hear the pitch changes and also where the audio recording was scrubbed or altered that normally cannot be seen
* Comes with an adapter to fit the 1/4inch stereo jack to a smaller, more "normal" 1/8inch jack
* Does not produce any type of hiss or static when played on higher levels
* Made of fine material and does not seem like it would break easily. The part that sits on top of your head is strong and I have actually stepped on them and saw it bend completely over, but it went right back to where it was without a single stretch mark or crack
* When dust gathers on the ear padding, it can easily be pulled off
* Came packaged in a neat, tight box free of damage
* Easy to

Cons:

* The price can be a little steep since at the time of this review it is listed at $195, but the money is well worth it
* Even though the long cable is a plus in stationary use, it can be a little long for portable use
* Not much bass to these, but bass seems to drown out the sound quality to me. Plus, I don't listen to rap or songs with a lot of bass

Overall I use the headphones to listen to music, videos, and games on my computer as well as practice my piano through them on my Yamaha P95. They have never messed up, do not have a scratch on them, and work amazing. Classical music is crystal clear through them and I would not trade them for any other set at the moment. Also, there is supposedly a way to turn them into the HD 558 by removing a barrier from the ear piece, but Youtube and Google will have to help you there. Not sure if they are better, but from what I know more people buy these in place of the newer 558s. Buy these, plain and simple. You will not be disappointed.

5/5 stars

Yamaha P95B Digital Piano, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Yamaha P95B Digital Piano, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Digital Piano, July 30, 2012
Review for Yamaha P95 Digital Keyboard

Time used: Six Months

I recently began taking piano lessons since it was something I eagerly wanted to learn. We have an upright grand in the house, but it is over 100 years old and would be better used as firewood than a piano! Anyways, when I began to take lessons my teacher told me to start looking for one in my price range to use at home. I am not one to buy something cheap, so I decided to look at a middle range option. I found myself buying the Yamaha P95, and while it is a great piano, it does have a few flaws.

Pros:

* Weighted action keys almost feel like a real piano
* Full 88 key design
* Individual buttons to change tempo, voices (two grand piano, two electric piano, jazz organ, pipe organ, strings, choir, harpsi-chord, and vibra-phone), record/play, and volume
* Two front audio headphone jacks
* Two MIDI ports in the back
* Very portable and easy to move with its light weight
* Comes with a damper pedal
* Sounds amazing 'through the headphones'
* 50 pre-recorded songs
* Has built-in speakers
* Can directly plug into an audio box or computer through either MIDI or Aux port

Cons:

* External speakers do not give this piano justice. It sounds muddy and is nowhere near the sound quality the headphones will deliver. I am using a pair of Sennheiser HD555 to listen through, so that might help on my end. The sound patches are fine, but the external speakers are just not up to par with the rest of the piano.
* Damper pedal is cheap and needs to be replaced if you plan on doing any amount of piano practice.
* Does not come with a stand, and for near $600.00 I wish it would. You can always search on Amazon for bundle packages though.
* Weighted keys are actually a little "less-weighted" than the older P95 model which I practice on while taking lessons. They feel like real keys, but the older model is better.
* No USB ports. Not sure why there are none, but a USB is needed.

I am no connoisseur of pianos, but when looking for one I decided on this based on the above features. When playing a few out at some piano stores, I realized this one just felt right. It is a Yamaha brand and is of course up to their standards except on the speaker end, but they never seemed to be great on the speaker quality. The fact it has two headphone jacks was a major plus. I have one with my headphones plugged in, and the other with an audio jack being sent to an audiobox plugged into my PC to record my playing. If you are looking for a good beginner or even intermediate piano, then look no further because with the Yamaha P96 you will not be disappointed.

4.5/5 stars

New Trent IMP99D/NT99D iGeek - 11200mAh External Battery Charger for Smartphones and Tablets USB
10 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Tablet Charger, July 30, 2012
Review for New Trent iGeek IMP99D

Tested on: Ipad 2, Ipad 3, Iphone 4, Iphone 4s, Iphone 3g, Ipod Touch 4th generation

First and foremost, disregard the other reviews stating this product does not charge the Ipad 2. IT CHARGES THE IPAD 2 FINE! Not sure why people say it does not, but use the port labeled "5v/2A" and you will have no problem.
Well, I must say this device delivers on every single level I had hoped. It is by far a superior charger to the other models I own, and when looking for a charger to charge a tablet it does the job almost flawlessly. There are many pros and not too many cons to this New Trent product, and they can be found listed below:

Pros:

* Sleek design as usual with New Trent products
* Product itself seems fairly scratch resistant because of the coating
* Dual port which can charge two devices at once
* One of the ports is 2A which means it can charge the Ipad 2 and 3 while being used
* Carrying pouch is well made and made of a finer material than normal
* Device is easy to use
* The power button works great and is not too sensitive making it turn on by accident
* It comes with a DC wall charger
* Battery lights are not too bright and also show how charged the battery is by a charge level
* Looks like a small portable harddrive and is easy to carry
* It has a total charge of 9900 mAh which is a higher rate charge than most other similar devices
* Charged my Iphone 4 five times before needing to be charged from the wall.
* Charges Ipad 2 maybe three times, but this is higher than other devices in the same category

Cons:

* Might be a little too big for some people who want portability
* Odd how I have to hold the power button for a few seconds to get it to turn on. This actually confused me for a minute or two since pressing it once makes the device light up like it is on. Granted, I should have read the instruction manual!
* The price can be a little much, but you get what you pay for in life. Worth the price, but I can see how it can be a little much for some people.
* Nothing really to put here besides the above mentioned issues (if you call them that)

Overall this product is a super 5/5 stars. I love having the ability to charge my Ipad 2 on the go and also have it collect a charge while I am using it as well. It does a great job at charging that and an Iphone 4 at the same time so no worries there. This device is definitely a sight for sore eyes after using other portable chargers and realizing they were not made for tablets. This product works exactly as advertised and I will use this every day especially when on the road. In a nutshell, this seems to be the charger to buy if you want to charge multiple devices at once as well as having a charger for your tablet.

If there were to be any changes about the product, the way the product turns on could be made to just maybe one tap to see how much battery is left and a double tap to turn it on. Not sure why all of your products require a long hold on the power button to turn on. That is about all for improvements.

If this product is a little out of your reach money wise, try the New Trent iTorch IMP52D. That one is a little smaller and cheaper and for some reason it has a laser pointer and a flashlight on it. Do note the one iTorch does not have a 2A port and is not made for tablets. It does not add charge to the Ipad 2 or Ipad 3 while being used.

New Trent: iTorch 5200mAh Ultra Portable USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones and more (w/built-in laser + flashlight)
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $27.95
5 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Charger, July 18, 2012
Review New Trent iTorch IMP 52D

Tested from July 2, 2012 - July 15, 2012

Tested on Iphone 4s, iphone 4, Iphone 3g, Ipad 2, and Ipod Touch 5th Generation

To begin my review, I would like to point out the product works great and is especially handy when on vacation or out in the word camping. I will be comparing this to another New Trent product, the iCruiser IMP 1000. They have a few differences and overall are both great products.

Pros:
· The product looks sleek and is not an eyesore
· The button is not too sensitive and does not get turned on by mistake
· Charges the products fast and efficiently.
· Has a built in red laser pointer. Not sure where this would come in handy, but it is a neat attachment and gives it more of a "cool" factor
· Also has a built in flashlight which is great for anytime you need to find something in the dark. It also works great for camping since it eliminates the need for smaller flashlights.
· The flashlight is not bright enough to bother anyone, but bright enough to find something on the ground.
· The cables which came with the product are easy to use and long enough to reach the ports behind the computer.
· Easy to use for my apple products since I just plugged the apple cable into the device and turned it on.
· Cloth case for the product is nice as always

Cons:
· Does not come with an AC adapter
· Have to press the button for three seconds to turn on, but four for the flashlight
· Does NOT add charge percentage to the Ipad while being used. For example, if my Ipad is at 20% and I plug it in, the charger will keep my Ipad at 20% but never add to the percentage. This does not happen on the other products.
· 27 hours of charge time is long, but when you have an Iphone and Ipad it does not last long since the Ipad sucks the charge from it fast.

The product is overall very neatly packaged and sleek to the eye, but can be a little hassle after one charge from an Ipad. I understand the Ipad is powerful when it comes to taking battery life, so this is expected. When compared to the iCruiser I have, the product seems to only last about 30% of the charge time. Maybe it is because my product is still new, so it has to be broken in. I love the laser pointer and flashlight additions. The price is also not bad for the device, so this is not a downside at all. I would recommend this to anyone else who is looking for a portable charger. I give this product a 4/5 star rating.

EDIT: I spoke to New Trent and they told me the product outputs at 1 amp, and this is why it does not add charge to the Ipad 2 or Ipad 3. If you want a tablet charger, find a New Trent one that outputs 2 amp. It's worth the extra money. If you want a charger which outputs 2A for an IPad or any other device which requires this wattage, then get the iGeek IMP99D. It also has a dual port and works great so far.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2012 8:35 AM PDT