Profile for MT > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MT RSS Feed (North Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
Mountain Woods Kona Berries Acacia Hardwood Serving Tray w/ Solid Metal Handles
Mountain Woods Kona Berries Acacia Hardwood Serving Tray w/ Solid Metal Handles
Offered by Mountain Woods
Price: $99.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs improvement, February 24, 2015
First off, the tray is about an inch or so shorter than advertised but I'm not going to harp on that (perhaps someone miscalculated from metric to English). The wood is nice enough... the photos represent the grain and look and feel just fine.

My complaint with this tray is that it has already lost 2 "leaves" from the decorative handles in just 2 weeks of ownership. This was not from abuse ... just from carrying around and hand washing. The metal is just too soft for these adornments. It's not obvious that these leaves are missing but if it loses more, it will be.

Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-quiet Citrus Juicer-70 Watt motor
Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-quiet Citrus Juicer-70 Watt motor

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to clean, November 12, 2014
I have more complicated juicers for other uses but this unit is perfect for a simple glass of OJ. Clean up is much, much quicker than it is with most types of juicers/extractors/etc. Have used for about 3 months now.

Timex T315SX Travel Alarm Clock Radio (Silver)
Timex T315SX Travel Alarm Clock Radio (Silver)
Offered by MYeHUT Inc
Price: $29.98
5 used & new from $29.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Repeat buyer, November 12, 2014
I've bought two of these for travel (travel companions sometimes needs to wake up at a different times)... and despite one breaking on me (after several years of service), I decided to replace it with the exact same unit. It's easy to set the time and alarm so I'm always confident it will wake me when I want -- no more concerns about unreliable hotel wake up calls, or trying to decipher complicated hotel alarm clocks.

Trademark 6 Pocket Arm Rest Organizer with Table-Top, Black
Trademark 6 Pocket Arm Rest Organizer with Table-Top, Black
Offered by TigerCool
Price: $6.94
30 used & new from $3.88

1.0 out of 5 stars The slightest weight on either side will tip this organizer ..., November 12, 2014
The slightest weight on either side will tip this organizer over. The first drink I put on it was quickly in my lap. Flat out did not work on a leather couch and needs some modification on an upholstered couch (such as some heavy weights as ballasts).

Coaster 900280 Snack Table with Burnished Copper Base, Brown
Coaster 900280 Snack Table with Burnished Copper Base, Brown
Offered by eHomeProducts
Price: $42.20
25 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, November 12, 2014
I had ordered a canvas arm rest organizer in addition to this item but it was useless. But this product is sturdy, easy to assemble and looks pretty nice. I was concerned it might look a bit cheesy but it makes the grade. An improvement would be if it could extend upward another 6 inches so it could wrap over the armrest from the side but I got what was advertised and am satisfied with it.

Diamond Deck 80717 7.5-Feet by 17-Feet Parking Mat for Medium Car, Metallic Silver
Price: $257.95
3 used & new from $257.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectations, October 16, 2013
I recently re-painted my garage floor and really wanted to keep it clean from then on. I read quite a number of reviews concerning garage mats, and this seemed like a good compromise between price and durability. It was a little unwieldy to lay down, and I needed to weigh down the edges for a couple of weeks to flatten out the curls, but I'm definitely satisfied so far.

Only advice I can add... I bought a "car-sized" mat... I would have been wiser had I had bought a car sized mat, plus 2 or 3 feet of extra length, thus keeping the entry into the garage just as clean as the parking area.

Shipping from this vendor was timely.

Westmark Olive Pitter/Stoner
Westmark Olive Pitter/Stoner
Offered by tradiero GmbH
Price: $21.99
11 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted longer than my marriage..., October 16, 2013
My wife and I stumbled across the Matfer Bourgeat (a.k.a. Westmark) olive pitter on a visit to Australia. We cringed at the price tag (we wanted to try some unpitted olives for snacks while we were there), but we were immediately impressed by this pitter. Since then, it has worked flawlessly for 10 years. Unfortunately, our marriage did not work as flawlessly.

We agreed on the house, we agreed on the cars, we agreed on the dogs, but when it came to deciding who got the olive pitter, all heck broke loose. Long story made short, I kept the pitter, and I'll send my ex this replacement for ex-mas.

Predator Pool Glove S/m
Predator Pool Glove S/m
Offered by CoolPoolTables
Price: $14.75
2 used & new from $13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised by this product, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Predator Pool Glove S/m (Misc.)
I've gone through many pool gloves; several more expensive than this product ($30-35). They all wear out much too quickly, so I decided for a while to use very cheap gloves (some as little as $2), and just accepted that I will chuck them out quicker. Of course, very few gloves ever fit my hand well (big palms, short chubby fingers, if you must know).

This time around I tried the Predator pool glove (and ordered a few back up cheapies from Hong Kong... which I'm still waiting for, going on 2 weeks now). This glove was delivered quickly... and let me say, I was impressed by it before I even took it out of the package. The black and yellow is pretty sleek, IMO... much better than the typical rainbow choices. I also did not know that there would be these little grip pads to help keep your fingers anchored to the table -- nice touch! But most importantly, this glove fit my hand perfectly (S/m). Of course, other customers will have to take their chances when sizing pool gloves... but if you want to take a gamble, I definitely recommend this one.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Luggage Pack-It Half Packing Cube, Torch Red, One Size
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Luggage Pack-It Half Packing Cube, Torch Red, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price ... I own several, April 4, 2013
I have really become fond of packing cubes the past few years and now have a box full of them for all types of travel. I even keep a few in my dresser drawers to keep things organized -- for things like gloves, sock liners, bandannas -- little stuff that would ordinarily get lost in an untidy drawer.

For travel, this mid-size cube is good for just about anything... socks/underwear, shorts, a couple rolled t-shirts, etc. I have selected the red and blue models of these packing cubes because, like too many other travel accessories, black items tend to "disappear" in a suitcase.

The Eagle Creek cubes are durable -- haven't broken one yet. They hold up well in the washer/dryer, which is important if you pack dirty clothes back into the cubes.

COWON AC1 Vehicle Car Black Box HD DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder 8GB Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Capable, but..., April 4, 2013
My unit has had heat issues but only on the hottest of days. It probably doesn't help that I have a black dashboard in Florida. The unit also tends to go to "sleep" (parking mode) when I'm on a smooth stretch of highway, so I have to wake it back up by either pulling the plug or pressing/holding the reset button.

The image quality is decent... and better than I expected at night. It does NOT read a license plate number even from a car-length away. Because it has a built in microphone, you would have the option of dictating a license plate number if that should prove useful.

I'm not dazzled with the accompanying software (even with the updates)... but it doesn't need to do a lot.

A few days ago, I was pulled over by the police [mistaken identity... quickly released]... but at that moment, I realized how much I would rather have a unit with a GPS built in (to track my speed). I think I will transfer this unit to my rear window (or re-gift it) and move up to a higher grade model with GPS.

Lastly, as other reviewers have mentioned, the simple act of operating this camera should make you a more conservative and defensive driver. It's like having a nanny on board. Even though I consider myself a safe driver already, this reinforces and promotes good driving habits. It might be a good idea to install one of these on your kid's car.

Page: 1 | 2