Profile for Mia > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 131

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mia "Who Digs Movies and Music" RSS Feed (OH USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Hallmark Ornament Looney Tunes - Marvin the Martian - Merry Christmas Earthlings!
Offered by Richard's Ornaments Galore
Price: $14.95
12 used & new from $13.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, February 6, 2015
Very nice ornament! So happy to find anything Marvin!

Looney Tunes Marvin The Martian Insulated Travel Mug, Green
Looney Tunes Marvin The Martian Insulated Travel Mug, Green
Price: $12.25
3 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Mug For Marvin Fans, February 6, 2015
Exactly as described. My husband loved it! I got it as a Christmas gift. Pretty sturdy, plastic outside, art is clear. Marvin stuff is hard to find.

Nikon COOLPIX P340 12.2 MP Wi-Fi CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
6 used & new from $269.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures BUT....., February 6, 2015
There are a few reasons why I don't give this camera 4 or more stars.
Pros:
It does take nice pictures. These shots are from Jamaica, out of camera.
It's light and pretty responsive.
Has a pop-up flash.
Zooms from 5mm to 28mm without a lot of loss of quality.
Shoot in RAW and JPG formats.
Cons:
The on-off button and movie button are very hard to push and access. Very hard.
The battery compartment latch can come undone easily. It doesn't slide, there is a little slider button you have to move in order to access the battery and card.
It charges the battery INSIDE the camera via a USB plug that you'd plug into the wall. If you can get an external battery charger for it, I would.
The Manual that comes with it is absolutely USELESS!! You'd be know something about cameras when you get this and even then the directions are so unclear. I haven't been able to find any online references to it either so anyone who's used this camera out of the Auto mode, I'd appreciate the insight. I have a Nikon DSLR.
The Strap is on the WRONG side! It's on the camera's left when all the controls are on the right so it's extremely awkward to handle. Who thought of that stupidity?
I may return this camera because it's hard to handle safely with the strap as it is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2015 8:57 PM PST

Maleficent (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Maleficent (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Angelina Jolie
Price: $23.73
46 used & new from $15.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping Beauty With a Twist!, November 7, 2014
I don't want to spoil it but this is not your Disney animated Sleeping Beauty. Beautiful special effects and stunt work. The characters are well thought-out and fleshed out. I'm not a huge Jolie fan but she rocked this part. She was perfect! NOT a film for little kids; it's the grown up retelling of Maleficent's backstory. I could wish there were more special features on the Blu-Ray, especially about Maleficent's makeup and costumes. As usual, there aren't enough extras included in this set and that's a shame.

LOCS BLACK Hardcore Sunglasses JE3009B
LOCS BLACK Hardcore Sunglasses JE3009B
Offered by OnlineWelcome
Price: $1.77
3 used & new from $1.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Dark!, April 1, 2014
They are not the best optic glass and they will scratch fairly easily. So you have to be a little tender with them. I'd suggest getting a clam shell case for them. But for the price, they are super!
That being said, they are good and dark, comfortable and the style works well. Not to large for a lady's face!
I'm glad I took a chance and ordered these. I'll buy more!

Bollé Safety 253-SL-40084 Slam Safety Eyewear with Matte Black Rimless Frame and Welding Shade 5 Anti-Scratch Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Them! Warning: REALLY Dark!, April 1, 2014
I need very dark glasses as I am extremely light sensitive. Extremely times 10. I am off-the-charts sensitive to light. Ask my eye doctor. The sun comes out and I am uncomfortable. It's a drag!
I had bought welding glasses sort of like these at Sears Hardware about 3 years ago but couldn't find them again. They were bigger and uglier!
These are light and comfortable. They don't look too stupid and I will definitely purchase more pairs! A whole lot cheaper than the $400 glasses I have to have custom-made or wearing sunglasses with dark tinted contacts.
These are REALLY dark so unless you have an eye condition like mine, I'd be cautious about wearing them as sunglasses. You could grab a pair of Loc's Hardcore Sunglasses and probably be ok!

Matt Dennis - Four Complete Albums
Matt Dennis - Four Complete Albums
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Piano Work, April 1, 2014
I am so glad I listened to a few snippets and bought this set as an MP3 download. Totally worth the money. I'd never heard of him or heard him. His touch is light and deft and very easy to listen to! His voice is very nice too, nothing overdone here. Great cocktail music!

Walkin'
Walkin'
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice! Wanted More!, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Walkin' (MP3 Music)
I ordered songs individually, one of the advantages of buying MP3s. The song I got I really like1 Don't think you're getting 12 tracks because you're not! I'd listen to each song and buy what you like!

Altura Photo Rubber Eyepiece Eyecup for NIKON DSLR Cameras (D7100 D7000 D5200 D5100 D5000 D3200 D3100 D3000 D90 D80) + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $6.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell off!, April 1, 2014
Bummer! I was really hoping this was going to work and be wonderful. Alas, it kept falling off the camera. I does not have a tight fit on my Nikon D7100.
I've lost it because it kept falling off! When it was on, I like it!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 2:33 PM PDT

Frozen [Blu-ray]
Frozen [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $24.96
75 used & new from $11.94

3.0 out of 5 stars It's No TANGLED, That's For Sure., March 26, 2014
This review is from: Frozen [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The animation is wonderful, as was expected from the preview that I watched.
The beginning in particular sounded eerily as though Disney were using this whole movie as a storyboard for a future "Disney Does Another Broadway Show. "Hey, we made "Beauty and the Beast" work on Broadway, why not this?
The characters didn't engage me very much. I didn't feel invested in them. I can't even remember either one of the two lead girls' names and I just watched it five days ago!
I think I might have benefitted from a little more backstory. The film felt rushed. Please Disney, don't play to the lowest level. Put some stuff in there for adults. Make kids think.
I did find the "comic relief" characters (the snow man and the reindeer) were cute and not annoying. I did think the reindeer was a bit of a rip-off on the horse, Max, from TANGLED.
Not enough special features either. I'd like to know if they got this idea from maybe a Russian or Slavic or Scandinavian fairy tale? I'll watch it again and see if my opinion goes up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 10:55 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14