Profile for L. Sims > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Sims RSS Feed (Independence, KY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Canine Carry Outs Chicken Flavor Dog Treats, 25-Ounce
Canine Carry Outs Chicken Flavor Dog Treats, 25-Ounce
Price: $3.98
7 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars If the dog could type, May 8, 2015
I wish the dog could do this review ... he would try to give them "5 wags" as a rating. He will do anything he thinks he has to do to get some of these treats. We used them to train him to do some tricks which he thinks is a game. He also likes the bacon flavor and bacon and cheese flavors. He's a 100 lb. dog but we still break each treat into thirds.

Noah [HD]
Noah [HD]
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars acting and effects are good enough to warrant sitting through over 2 hours of ..., April 24, 2015
This review is from: Noah [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
The highlight of this production is definitely the visuals. However, I can't say the cinematography, acting and effects are good enough to warrant sitting through over 2 hours of a muddled plot and messy script. If you're looking for the Biblical version of the Noah story ... this is not it. An opening voice-over sets up some standards of supernatural events, but even that is not enough to offset the incredible leaps of fantasy that occur in the first 45 minutes. I'm willing to admit the expectation of a more Biblical approach put me off some. I am a Christian, but have no problem with science fiction or fantasy stories. But this version of Noah is just not good enough from a storytelling point to make it worthy of a recommendation.

Robin Hood: Men In Tights [HD]
Robin Hood: Men In Tights [HD]
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mel Brooks is at his snarky best in this send-up of the Robin Hood movies, February 20, 2015
Mel Brooks is at his snarky best in this send-up of the Robin Hood movies. Even though made years ago, the humor holds up well. As an example, making a pointed reference to the Kevin Costner Robin Hood, Cary Elwes looks straight into the camera and proclaims he is a better Robin Hood because "I can speak with an English accent." Gotta' love it.

Cella's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries, 72ct
Cella's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries, 72ct
Offered by niletextile
Price: $19.09
8 used & new from $8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple were broken but otherwise they were fresh and ..., February 9, 2015
A couple were broken but otherwise they were fresh and arrived undamaged. 1 star deducted for the approximately 5 which had leaked.

USB to Micro USB Cable, White
USB to Micro USB Cable, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 9, 2015
Plugged it in and it works as the well as the original to charge our 2nd generation Kindle.

Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 20, 2014
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
Now works seamlessly with my Android Samsung S4 mobile phone.

Out of Practice Season 1 [HD]
Out of Practice Season 1 [HD]

2.0 out of 5 stars Boilerplate, bad language, shallow, May 18, 2014
Better than one star for sure, if only for the veteran efforts of Stockard Channing and Henry Winkler. I was prepared to like it and be entertained but found nothing original. I am basing this brief review on the first episode only but have no desire to see more. If I watch more and it gets better, I'll be sure to update this review.
I was also disappointed to hear the use of offensive language when there was no call for it. Specifically there was no emotional reason to use provocative words. I cannot guess the motives of the producers and/or script writers for the foul-mouthed verbiage.
Finally, what passes for plot points and character development in Out Of Practice seem hackneyed. Divorced couple orbiting diverse adult children.
Do not skip this show based on my review. I typically enjoy programs others do not, so i'm frequently seeing shows I enjoy cancelled.

Talking Ben the Dog
Talking Ben the Dog

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality But Limited Functionality, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Talking Ben the Dog (App)
It's very cute and the graphics are superb. Basically, he repeats back what you say. There are other functions where he's in a lab mixing chemicals. Mix the wrong ones and it explodes. It's a funny and entertaining app but only for a short time. It got old fast. It ran well on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Twitter
Twitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on Android., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Twitter (App)
I have had no issues and am experiencing full functionality on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I have joined the twits!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - OtterBox Defender Series - Black
Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - OtterBox Defender Series - Black
Offered by thePruneDanish
Price: $29.95
21 used & new from $15.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great With A Learning Curve, February 16, 2014
Once you figure out how it goes on and off it's a great case. It takes me about 2 minutes to get it off and on. Once I had to take it on and off a couple of times, I've left it on ever since. I have experienced no issues with any functions of the phone with the case on. I dropped it about 3 feet once onto concrete and the phone and case were undamaged. It more than paid for itself that one time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5