Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Lee F. Bonaldi > Reviews

Browse

Lee F. Bonaldi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lee F. Bonaldi RSS Feed (Warwick, RI)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Budapest Noir: A Novel
Budapest Noir: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, June 17, 2015
Interesting Period Story about 1930's Hungary and the story held my interest. However I was never able to figure out why Gordon made the effort to solve the crime in the first place which detracted from the story.

Hollywood Dream
Hollywood Dream
Price: $11.99
74 used & new from $2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a Kind!, December 31, 2009
This review is from: Hollywood Dream (Audio CD)
I have to say that I purchased this CD solely for the song "Something in the Air". Often times when I purchase CD's for just one song, I am disappointed with the rest of the songs. That is not the case with "Hollywood Dream". The vocals and instrumentals on this CD are Excellent and truly one of a kind! If you are a fan of "Something in the Air", however are not familiar with the other songs, this CD is certainly worth a try. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorites!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Setup a Breeze, Works Great!, April 7, 2006
Very happy with this DVD player. Sets up in a snap, and played my PAL DVD's without a hitch. Just remember to set it to NTSC for your American TV, and you shouldn't have a problem.

JBL Creature II Powered 3-Piece Multimedia Speaker System (Black)
JBL Creature II Powered 3-Piece Multimedia Speaker System (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Speakers for the Price, April 7, 2006
To be honest, I was surprised at the sound quality of this system, given the price. I have it hooked up to my XM satellite radio, and the sound is crystal clear. If you are looking for something for a small room, or at work, I would highly recommend this system, as sound quality is great, and it can easily fill up a small space with sound.

Timex T311T Auto-Set Dual-Alarm Clock Radio (Titanium) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
10 used & new from $27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, March 5, 2006
Had to throw this radio away after having it for only 4 days. In that time, the radio unexpectedly changed its time, date, and alarm time twice, without me doing anything with it. Unreliable if you depend on it to wake you up.

JBL OnTour Portable Music Box
JBL OnTour Portable Music Box
7 used & new from $21.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product. Great Amazon Service!, April 15, 2005
First off, I want to sing the praises of Amazon for the way they responded to the problems that I had with the first unit I received. The return/exchange was so fast, it was unbelieveable! The unit itself is a great piece. Sound Quality is excellent for its size and price. Simple to use, and the perfect size to take along wherever you are going. This is an excellent accessory to any portable music player.

Hitler Stopped By Franco
Hitler Stopped By Franco
by Jane Boyar
40 used & new from $2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Account of a Forgotten Piece of History, October 1, 2004
Having been raised with the "conventional" wisdom of World War II, I always thought of Franco as a bad guy given the involvement of the Italians and Germans on his side in the Spanish Civil War. This book opened my eyes to the plight of the Spaniards after the Civil War, and the amazing juggling act Franco pulled off to keep Spain out of the war. Franco showed tremendous courage and ingenuity to resist the incredible pressure brought to bear by the Germans to bring Spain into the war, which would have allowed German troops to pass through Spain and capture Gibraltar. The German capture of Gibraltar in 1940 would have had catastrophic implications for the British and allowed the Germans to dominate the Mediterranean and Northern Africa. I would highly recommend this book to anyone with an interest in World War II, and congratulate the authors for bringing this little known story to light.

The Big War
The Big War
by Anton Myrer
Price: $13.15
96 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes It is A Disappointment, September 10, 2004
This review is from: The Big War (Paperback)
I have to agree with the previous reviewer and agree with their assessment of the book as a disappointment. It started out with some promise, but quickly went down hill. One of the biggest problems I had with the book was that it was situated on a fictional island. I am at a loss as to why the author would want to write a novel about World War II and not place it in one of the many Pacific island battles. The second problem was the portrayal of battle by the author. There was no sense or purpose to what the characters were doing other than surviving under horrible conditions, which the author discussed on every page. There was a sense of moral equivalency in that the U.S. soldiers were not fighting for any purpose whatsoever other than sheer survival, and that events were driven by the powers-that-be. Never mind that the U.S. was attacked by Japan, along with the fact that the Japanese were trying to forceably install their rule throught Asia and the Pacific islands. Because of this book, I have steered clear of any other works by this author, as I was barely able to finish this one and gutted it out through sheer willpower!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2008 7:50 AM PDT

Sony SRF-M37V FM/AM/Weather/TV Radio Walkman with 25 Memory Presets (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Robert`s Fojjer
Price: $39.90
18 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Radio, A Bit Overpriced, June 24, 2004
This is a decent radio, albeit (at least in my opinion) a bit overpriced. Size is great, and is the main reason why I am giving it 3 stars rather than 2 stars (headphones fit comfortably as well). FM reception is not as good as AM. I don't mind that as I enjoy using it to listen to talk radio. I would not recommend this radio if you want to primarily listen to FM. A perfect example would be the fact that I live in Rhode Island approximately 150 miles from New York City. When I want to listen to Yankee games, I can't get the Rhode Island FM station that broadcast the games, so I have to listen to WCBS-AM out of New York City.

Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave World Band Receiver with Single Side Band Reception
Price: $147.42
133 used & new from $125.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Radio for the Price, June 24, 2004
This is an excellent radio for the price. I have owned it now for almost a month and have been very pleased with its performance. Reception is good, and I have been able to pick up a number of stations around the globe very easily (bear in mind this is short wave radio we are talking about, don't expect the same type of reception you get from FM!). I like the digital tuner, as I don't get the drift that I get from my other short wave with analog tuning. The size of the radio makes it easy to carry around whereever you go. An added bonus (at least in mine) was the external antenna that was included in the box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7