Profile for Michael Kraus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Kraus RSS Feed (Durham, NC USA)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, December 10, 2013
HTC One X feels very secure in this mount. Mount was fairly straight forward to attach to bike. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Sennheiser CX 685 Adidas Sports In-Ear Headphones
Sennheiser CX 685 Adidas Sports In-Ear Headphones
Price: $33.27
49 used & new from $23.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with these headphones - don't stay in, don't sound good, December 10, 2013
Given the Sennheiser name, I was expecting some decent sound from these. I have had these for 6 months now, so they should be broken in, but to my ears, they still sound thin and dull, even compared to some sub $20 panasonic in-ear headphones. Okay, well, at least they'll stay in my ears while working out as that's what they are designed for, right? Again, not impressed. I have tried all three supplied ear plug sizes and different adjustments to the stems, but these still repeatedly fall out of my ears while lifting weights, not to mention if I'm trying to run or something more active. I guess they are slightly better at staying in place than the previous in-ears I was using, but those were not even designed to be "Sports" headphones. I'm sure this in-ear "sports" headphone design works for some people, and sound is subjective, but my experience has not matched the generally positive reviews I read.

Garmin nüvi 295W 3.5-Inch Widescreen Wi-Fi Portable GPS Navigator
Garmin nüvi 295W 3.5-Inch Widescreen Wi-Fi Portable GPS Navigator
8 used & new from $64.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, January 16, 2011
The unit continuously freezes or reboots. Went on a walk today and this thing rebooted or froze 20 times in an hour! Does the same thing in the car (although not quite as frequently) and especially has trouble when transitioning from car to walking or vice-versa. Updated the software and the maps. No help. As others have commented the WiFi is very slow and I was only able to connect to my home network if I removed security. Stay away from this model.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2011 3:55 AM PST

Totes Golf Size Auto-Open/Close Umbrella
Totes Golf Size Auto-Open/Close Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Warranty, October 5, 2010
I bought a Totes umbrella 7 years ago. It served me very well. Eventually it was destroyed by the wind. Just for the heck of it I emailed Totes customer service asking if I was covered by the lifetime warranty for "manufacturing defects." To me, 7 years of heavy duty service (I walk to and from work and used that umbrella a lot) was perfectly acceptable, but the customer affairs rep said I was indeed covered by the warranty and just needed to send in the tag from the umbrella, a fabric sample for color matching and $5 for shipping. I did as instructed, and just 1 week later, my replacement umbrella (the model listed here) has arrived! Looks like a great umbrella. It's not often that a company exceeds my expectations like this. I'll definitely buy Totes from now on.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2012 5:21 AM PDT

Timex Ironman 100-Lap w/ Flix System - Full Size
Timex Ironman 100-Lap w/ Flix System - Full Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, but band not durable, June 11, 2010
Have had the watch for about 1 1/2 years now. Great watch, great features, but a have had a couple issues. First, I had to replace the battery less than a year from purchase, which seemed kind of quick for the battery to die. Now, the watchband is falling apart. First the rubber clasp fell off, so I had to use a rubber band to hold down the excess band. Now, the band itself is split and now I am stuck with a digital pocket watch. Any suggestions on the cheapest source for a replacement band?