Profile for Em Casey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Em Casey "m" RSS Feed (Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Rosie Project: A Novel
The Rosie Project: A Novel
by Graeme C. Simsion
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $10.40
35 used & new from $7.88

3.0 out of 5 stars It would be a lot better without increasingly frequent use of the f word, February 20, 2015
Listening as a book club selection. It would be a lot better without increasingly frequent use of the f word. Altho, I recognize that many folks who have the privilege of an education that should have developed a vocabulary that didn't require use of vulgarity, are too lazy to speak articulately. Too many authors are apparently too lazy to find less offensive vocabulary. The story is interesting to me, in that it provokes me to wonder how accurately it portrays some individuals' (who have high-functioning Asperger's syndrome) thought processes and behaviors. It is also intriguing to wonder how and why others would be attracted to them for companionship, and even romance.

52 Uncommon Dates: A Couple's Adventure Guide for Praying, Playing, and Staying Together
by Randy Southern
Price: $9.99
42 used & new from $4.70

2.0 out of 5 stars I consider it a waste of money, February 20, 2015
Not uncommon dates, but very basic, and the formulated "pre-date prayers" were quite redundant, and generic. It would be insulting as a gift to the most romantically inexperienced person. I consider it a waste of money. The only value is to take the date titles, and make them something really interesting, instead of the ho-hum described in the book.

Israel Homecoming: With Bill and Gloria Gaither and Their Homecoming Friends
Israel Homecoming: With Bill and Gloria Gaither and Their Homecoming Friends
DVD ~ Bill Gaither & Gloria
Price: $13.99
59 used & new from $1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars We have enjoyed this cd so many times, January 6, 2015
Music, musicians, singers, scenery, and presentation all very uplifting. We have enjoyed this cd so many times.

The Passion of the Christ (Widescreen Edition)
The Passion of the Christ (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Jim Caviezel
Price: $5.00
389 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I still turn away from some of the most hideous ..., January 6, 2015
I still turn away from some of the most hideous brutality, but the reminder is still there that Christ suffered so much more than we can ever imagine to pay for my sins and sinfulness, so that I might be cleansed, sanctified and adopted into HIS family for eternity.

Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (IVP Classics)
Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (IVP Classics)
by J. I. Packer
34 used & new from $3.94

4.0 out of 5 stars As most of us "Evangelical Christians" have wrestled with this ..., January 6, 2015
As most of us "Evangelical Christians" have wrestled with this antimony previously (learned that word ,antinomy, in the book), I was curious as to what more could be said about it. Mr. Packer brings much scripture to bear on the subject, and to me, the "new" consideration was not, as I suspected to be, concerning submission to God's sovereignty, but in the definition of what is real evangelism. You need to read the book.

Where Do I Go From Here?: Bold Living After Unwanted Change
Where Do I Go From Here?: Bold Living After Unwanted Change
by Miriam Neff
Price: $11.63
74 used & new from $0.18

3.0 out of 5 stars I am not a widow. I bought this of ..., January 6, 2015
I am not a widow. I bought this of curiosity, then after my brother died, I gave it to his widow. She said that it was encouraging. It seemed to me that it would be difficult for most working/middle class widows to relate to the author, who has the financial means to travel the world etc.

God's Not Dead
God's Not Dead
DVD ~ Kevin Sorbo
Price: $11.99
57 used & new from $5.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, January 6, 2015
This review is from: God's Not Dead (DVD)
A worthy story line, but too predictable, some characters too stereotyped.

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream
Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream
by David Platt
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $10.98
37 used & new from $2.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, January 6, 2015
Maybe should be a 5 star. There seems to be considerable repetition, but perhaps that is needed.

Friendly Persuasion
Friendly Persuasion
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably my all-time favorite., January 6, 2015
There is drama, comedy, romance, history, in-depth moral tension woven into a very well written, directed and acted film. Probably my all-time favorite.

Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible: The Fascinating History of Everything in Your Closet
Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible: The Fascinating History of Everything in Your Closet
by Tim Gunn
Price: $14.40
53 used & new from $5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars There are too many photos of horrible examples. We can see those everyday on tv, January 6, 2015
Not much instructive in the book. Most of the "advice" about acquiring, wearing and maintaining wardrobe is just common sense for all but the "fashion trend slave". There are too many photos of horrible examples. We can see those everyday on tv, and in public.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4