Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Consumer#3089021 > Reviews

Browse

Consumer#3089021's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Consumer#3089021 RSS Feed

Mutant MIG-PIR-1 M-Wavio Portable Pocket-Sized WiFi Internet Radio with FM Radio (Charcoal)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly fix when you can't connect to a station, December 17, 2011
I like this radio a lot. It's nice to look at, simple enough design and has 12 presets so for me (I have maybe 4 radio stations I really enjoy listening to) it works very well. The problem is I tried listening to BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 3 when it first arrived yesterday. It had a lot of trouble connecting to these stations consistently. It connected maybe once in 30 attempts.

So I had to find a work-around and 1) go to the csvtuner website: [...]
2) input my radio's MAC address (listed in the radio's settings in the radio's menus), register,
3) and then manually add stream urls for the BBC radio stations I wanted (at [...]).
4) The vTuner website then told me I had to manually update the radio and to my shame I struggled with that for a quite a while. Then I discovered that the vTuner website was wrong and that the manually added stations had already appeared under "added stations" in the "favourites" menu on the radio itself. Go figure.

Sound quality is pretty good, nice and clear, and apart from the fiddliness of fixing the Beebs thing the radio is very straight-forward. I like it overall. I wouldn't give it as a gift to a family member for Christmas though who also likes these same BBC stations just because if the BBC changes their streaming URL, she would then have to figure out how to adjust the whole thing again.

Printworks Recycled Multipurpose Paper, 20 Pound, 92 Bright, 500 Sheets, 8.5 x 11 Inches (00011)

1.0 out of 5 stars not enough post consumer recycled content!, August 3, 2011
This paper is is less than $3 less than the Wausau recycled paper but 70% less recycled paper! If they're going to charge more because it's recycled then they should make it 100% recycled, not just 30% post consumer recycled content! There is other bright white 100% recycled paper out there I will choose to buy instead and I encourage you to do the same.

New Leaf Basic 100% Recycled Paper Composition Book, 100 Sheets, 9.75 x 7.5 Inches, College Ruled, Black Leaf (4512305)
Offered by Office Depot, Inc.
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Made in Taiwan, June 24, 2011
Loss of eco points to Top Flight for making their recycled paper notebooks for the US market in Taiwan. If you live in the Northeast it's probably shipped by truck as well from the West coast, making this distinctly less eco-friendly than you would think. Still, it's probably better than most non-recycled competitors.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2014 9:08 PM PDT

Thermos Vacuum Insulated 25-Ounce Compact Stainless Steel Beverage Bottle (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Price: $22.80
32 used & new from $17.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Thermos and Gift, December 16, 2008
This is really a superb product. I considered a Sigg thermos but after reading the reviews I choose to go with the Nissan 26 ounce instead. It's great! The temperature control is impeccable. A few reviewers have complained about the pouring mechanism but when you unscrew it to pour you can simultaneously press lightly on the stopper from the non-pouring side to control it if it's pouring too much, or even stop it pouring altogether so it doesn't drip anywhere when you right the thermos after you're done. Perhaps there isn't too much you can say about a thermos, but this is an excellent one and I wholeheartedly recommend it.