Profile for AX > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AX RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Angry Birds Softee Dough Character Maker Set
Angry Birds Softee Dough Character Maker Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not great, May 26, 2014
The dough itself is softer than playdoh, but leaves more colors on your hands, especially the black.

The molds are very good for fresh dough. As the dough hardens the features on the birds get worse. Included is a bird flinger toy and some sort of cardboard to create an angry birds scene. The cardboard is worthless. We just tossed it after trying to use it once or twice.

After several months, what we have left are molds, and the bird flinger. That's it. And the molds have these weak plastic guideposts to make sure the two sides of the mold line up. 3 of the 4 guides broke off at this point. We can still make the birds, so not a total loss, but kind of annoying..

This is an ok toy, but I would not recommend paying more than about $10-12

In Rolling Waves
In Rolling Waves
Price: $10.00
69 used & new from $3.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Much more boring than Passive Me, Aggressive You, May 6, 2014
This review is from: In Rolling Waves (Audio CD)
I expected much more fun music. It's mostly droning and boring. Nothing like their first album. May as well be a different band. Hearts Like Ours is solid. I Kill Giants is also enjoyable. What we want is decent. Everything else stinks. For me, the band may as well be Alisa Xayalith and a bunch of random music making machines. Her talent is not utilized well at all on this one.

"Make or Break Impressions during your First 100 Days on a New Job" A Guide for the Rest of Us
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise. Useful. Worth the price., May 6, 2014
This book is brief and gives a common sense approach to the attitudes and behaviors that one should engage in when starting a new job. These ideas are often forgotten by experienced professionals, or just might not be as obvious to entry level individuals, so it's useful to basically anyone starting out in a new position.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe 24-Piece Princess Elise Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Melissa & Doug Deluxe 24-Piece Princess Elise Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Price: $9.59
68 used & new from $2.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated because it just doesnt work very well, April 24, 2014
The wooden cutouts are fine quality. The box is nice quality. When you stand the doll up she is very wobbly. You try to put a hat on her head, it slides down. The only things that stick well are the giant dresses. If you cant stand it up and play with it, what's the point of it being magnetic??

Plus this box has no cover so the pieces never stay in the box...the little ones find it and dump it and it sits there until the cycle repeats. My girls never spend more than a minute on this toy and it's not due to short attention spans. They just find it boring. I hate cleaning it up because it's a friggin puzzle figuring out which piece goes in which pocket. Also, it's difficult to get the wooden block out unless you just dump out everything.

Aggravating toy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 10:48 AM PDT

Diono RadianR100 Convertible Car Seat, Stone
Diono RadianR100 Convertible Car Seat, Stone
Price: $207.99
26 used & new from $187.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for short trips only. I travel long distances., January 29, 2014
This seat is built well, but a kid can't sleep in it. At least not without their head dangling forward, which is not a pleasant sight. We usually use this one for city travel, but recently drove for over an hour and our 3.5 yr old seemed very uncomfortable. Then when she got tired on the return trip, her head just hung forward when she slept. I can't imagine that's a safe situation.

It's easy to buckle the kids into, I will say that, but if a kid can't fall asleep in it, that's no good. Also, no cup holders is more annoying than I realized.

The Berenstain Bears' Perfect Fishing Spot (Cub Club)
The Berenstain Bears' Perfect Fishing Spot (Cub Club)
by Stan Berenstain
26 used & new from $0.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Lot of God references, November 2, 2013
I get Berenstain books for my daughters all the time. I picked this one up at the library this week and it is peppered with God references. I never saw that in a Berenstain Bear book before. I didn't care for it.

Average Is Over: Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation
Average Is Over: Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildy interesting first half builds to inane second half, October 24, 2013
The book can be dropped after about halfway when Cowen starts making chapters-long, inane predictions about what is going to happen in the future. I appreciated the early chapters of this title, even if the chess-comparisons wre extreme overkill.

Cowen's right - computers (which he insists on calling machines) will become more important by the day. I don't think anyone is arguing against that, so not ground-breaking stuff.

When he starts to become a fortune teller and keeps it up for 75 pages, that's the end of it for me.

Don't bother with this garbage. No one can predict the future at all. NO ONE. So don't spend half a book trying to do just that.

Unintended Consequences: Why Everything You've Been Told About the Economy Is Wrong
by Ed Conard
Price: $19.78
297 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I only got through 103 pages til I hit the ignorance wall, July 6, 2012
I checked this book out because of the seemingly good 'reviews' from Nouriel Roubini, Steven Levitt, and other writers/financial people I respect.

I was excited to read it, but despite the occasional good point about investment growing the economy (shocking!) the 103 pages I read was rambling and borderline incoherent. The writing style is absolutely pathetic.

The ultra-Republican, jingoistic viewpoint is tiresome and the covert racism ("A significant portion of Evangelicals are African-American who are more committed to the Democratic Party's goal of income redistribution than to the pro-life agenda" - because black people could never have an incentive to vote for the less racist party, right Edward?) combined with plentiful references to an unseen deity were just too much for me to bear in a book about the financial crisis.

When I got to the part of this financial crisis book that railed against doctors who give women abortions to save the woman's life (seriously), that was too much. I won't listen to this much ignorance.

Edward Conrad is a mouthpiece for the Republican party.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2012 8:32 AM PDT

Taco Bell Salsa con Queso, Cheese Dip, Medium, 15 oz. (Pack of 4)
Taco Bell Salsa con Queso, Cheese Dip, Medium, 15 oz. (Pack of 4)
Offered by green and natural
Price: $24.49
2 used & new from $24.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Just terrible, March 10, 2012
This stuff is nasty. It's the most fakest tasting queso I've had in a long time. You get what you pay for. It's cheap and it tastes like it. I like Taco Bell branded taco and fajita sauces, so I thought it was worth a shot. It was not. Just gross. Took one bite and threw it out.

The crazy thing is the label says its made with Kraft cheese. Kraft should cancel this cross-branding immediately. It makes them look bad. They must put a piece of Kraft in with a bunch of cheese-flavored gunk.

Toysmith Corn Broom 29"
Toysmith Corn Broom 29"
Price: $8.99
13 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars May as well be a huge blue wall crayon, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Toysmith Corn Broom 29" (Toy)
The broom is ok, but if you have light colored walls, you will have blue marks EVERYWHERE. It's not worth it. If you must have this broom. sand down the end of it until the paint is gone.

Page: 1 | 2