FAQ for Top Holiday Deals
What is Top Holiday Deals?
From December 8 through December 22, we are offering huge savings on thousands of the hottest holiday products for Top Holiday Deals. We're searching for the best deals everywhere--including deals on great gifts for the holiday season.
The Top Holiday Deals page can be found at www.amazon.com/topholidaydeals and will be updated daily through December 22. Please keep in mind:
- We are offering great deals all week long, with new ones added every day
- Many deals are available for a limited time only
- Many deals are limited in supply at that price and may sell out quickly
- We reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or modify deals at any time
- For more great deals, visit the Top Holiday Deals pages for our individual departments, listed in the left column of the main Top Holiday Deals page
How do I get the best deals?
Here are some tips for getting great deals:
- Check the Top Holiday Deals page often. Many new deals will show up daily (and sometimes hourly, in the case of Lightning Deals).
- Sign up for daily deals e-mails to get each day's Deal of the Day delivered right to your inbox, plus a selection of other featured deals for that day.
- Like Amazon.com on Facebook to receive updates about Top Holiday Deals, new releases, and exclusive Amazon content.
- Get alerts for new deals by signing up for our Twitter feed.
- Install Amazon 1Button App and put special Amazon features right at your fingertips.
- Install the Amazon Mobile App and get around-the-clock access to deals from your mobile phone or tablet.
- Act fast when you see a Lightning Deal you want. Each Lightning Deal is available, one per customer, for just 15 minutes after putting it in your Cart until all the discounts are claimed, supplies of the item run out, or the promotion period ends, whichever comes first. Read more about Lightning Deals.
- If you're looking for deals in a specific category, you should visit that category's deal page, linked from the left column of the Top Holiday Deals page.
What are Lightning Deals?
Lightning Deals are discount promotions that are limited in both time and quantity. To claim a deal:
Read the Lightning Deals help page.
- Act fast. First, make sure you are logged into your Amazon account. After you add the deal to your Cart, you will have 15 minutes to make the purchase. You will be notified by an alert that will display in the upper right-hand corner of the page when you have 10 minutes remaining to make your purchase. You must check out within this time frame to receive your promotional discount. If you have not purchased the deal before the time runs out, the discount will no longer apply to the product in your Cart and will be available to other customers who are interested in the deal.
- Are you seeing “Join Waitlist” instead of “Add to Cart”? This option will display when all of the available discounts for the deal are in other customers’ Carts, but their purchases have not been completed. If purchases that are in customers’ Carts are not completed within 15 minutes, the promotional discount will be made available to the next customer on the waitlist.
- How do you know a deal is going fast? You can check the status bar to see if the deal is close to selling out. This status bar may fluctuate depending on the number of discounts that are sitting in customers’ Carts, and customers moving forward in the waitlist line.
- Did you miss the checkout deadline but still want the deal? After the 15 minutes run out, if the deal is still available, you may click the “Add to Cart” button again in the Lightning Deals box.
- Complete checkout as soon as possible. You may continue to shop for additional items before you check out if you like. However, keep in mind that you only have 15 minutes to purchase the Lightning Deal once you add it to your Cart.
Do I need to be signed in to claim a Lightning Deal?
Yes. If you're not signed in, we will prompt you to do so. However, in order to claim a Lightning Deal as quickly as possible, we suggest you sign in before the deal starts.
How do I know if I'm signed in?
If you're signed in, you'll see your name next to the Amazon logo at the top of the page. To ensure you're signed in properly, you can sign in here.
Do I need to have 1-Click ordering enabled?
No, you don't need to have 1-Click ordering enabled. Using the 1-Click feature will not cause your Lightning Deal order to be processed faster. You can have 1-Click turned on for Lightning Deals, but you should not use the "Buy all items in 1-Click" button to complete your order. Click "Proceed to Checkout" instead. Lightning Deal discounts must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. 1-Click checkout may not be used in conjunction with redemption of Lightning Deal discounts.
I just clicked the "Add to Cart" button within the Lightning Deals box, and now it says "Checking deal status." What does that mean?
It means we are currently processing your request. For some of our more popular deals, a very large number of people may be attempting to claim the limited number of discounts available. If you see the "Checking deal status" message, it means we are working to assign all the discounts in the order we received the requests.
How will I know if I got the Lightning Deal?
You will see the words "Special Price" listed on the page you are taken to after you add the item to your Cart. And you will see "Lightning Deal" listed in the Order Summary section of the checkout page. Your order confirmation mail will also mention the Lightning Deal.
I managed to claim the Lightning Deal I wanted, hurray! Now can I rest easy?
We advise you to complete your checkout as soon as possible as you only have 15 minutes to purchase the deal once it's added to your Cart. Adding the item to your Cart does not reserve it.
I claimed a Lightning Deal but also want to add more items to my Cart to qualify FREE Super Saver Shipping. Can I add more items to my Cart before checking out?
Yes, you can continue shopping and add more items to your Cart if you like. However, remember to complete your checkout as soon as possible as you only have 15 minutes to purchase the deal once it's added to your Cart. Adding the item to your Cart does not reserve it.
I saw a Lightning Deal advertised as starting at 2:00 p.m. today, but now it's 2:00 p.m., and I don't see the deal. What's up?
We try our best to accurately advertise upcoming deals, but we reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or modify deals at any time.
There's a Twitter feed for Top Holiday Deals?
Yes. The @amazondeals Twitter feed will have timely announcements of great deals during Top Holiday Deals.
Will I get Tweets alerting me to great deals before anyone else?
No--we won't provide any information that isn't also available on the website. However, we will try our best to send out Tweets very quickly after deals start.
Will every single deal be announced on the Twitter feed?
No, but we will Tweet many of the deals we think might interest a lot of customers.
Will I stop getting Tweets about great deals after Top Holiday Deals is over?
No, we will continue to alert you to great deals on the Gold Box page. You can also sign up to receive additional tweets on products by visiting www.amazon.com/twitter.
I clicked on a deal in an Amazon e-mail, but the price seems to have gone up. How do I get the deal?
Many of the deals advertised in our e-mails are good for a limited time only and while supplies last. The price may have changed or supply may have run out.
I saw a deal mentioned on a blog--how can I find it on the site?
Some of the great deals attracting attention on the web are limited-time, limited-supply Lightning Deals, which do not last very long. Lightning Deals are valid one per customer until all the discounts are claimed, supplies of the item run out, or the promotion period ends, whichever comes first. It's probable that a specific Lightning Deal you read about in a blog has already expired, but we're adding new ones all the time on the Top Holiday Deals page. Read about Lightning Deals.
How do I get FREE Two-Day Shipping on my Lightning Deal orders?
Get your Lightning Deal purchases with unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. To start your free trial take the following steps:
1. Find Prime-eligible items by looking for the Prime sticker next to the “Add to Cart” button.
2. Place items in your Shopping Cart by clicking "Add to Cart."
3. Proceed to checkout.
4. Select "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a free trial of Amazon Prime" as your shipping speed.
Note: Your credit card won't be charged for Amazon Prime when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing, and at the end of the free trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a full year for $79. New Amazon Prime members only.
Read about Lightning Deals. See the following question to learn how to get FREE Two-Day Shipping on your other Top Holiday Deals orders.
How do I get FREE Two-Day Shipping on my other Top Holiday Deals orders?
Get your Top Holiday Deals purchases with unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. To start your free trial take the following steps:
1. Find Prime-eligible items by looking for the Prime sticker on certain items.
2. Place items in your Shopping Cart by clicking "Add to Cart with FREE Two-Day Shipping."
3. Proceed to checkout.
4. Click "Start my Free Trial."
You can also start a free trial of Amazon Prime from the checkout page by selecting "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a free trial of Amazon Prime" as your shipping speed.
See the previous question to learn how to get FREE Two-Day Shipping on Lightning Deal orders.