FAQ for Black Friday Deals Week
What is Black Friday Deals Week?
From November 21 through November 28, we are offering huge savings on thousands of the hottest holiday products for Black Friday Deals Week. We're searching for the best Black Friday deals everywhere--including deals other stores are
planning--so we can meet or beat their prices and bring them to you even earlier.
The Black Friday Deals Week page can be found at www.amazon.com/blackfriday and will be updated daily through November 28. Please keep in mind:
- We are offering great deals all week long, with new ones added every day
- Many deals are available for a limited time only
- Many deals are limited in supply at that price and may sell out quickly
- We reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or modify deals at any time
- For more great deals, visit the Black Friday pages for our individual departments, listed in the left column of the main Black Friday Deals Week page
How do I get the best deals?
Here are some tips for getting great deals:
- Check the Black Friday Deals Week page often. Many new deals will show up daily (and sometimes hourly, in the case of Lightning
- Sign up for daily deals e-mails to get each day's Deal of the Day delivered right to your inbox, plus a
selection of other featured deals for that day.
- Like Amazon.com on Facebook to receive updates about Black Friday deals, new
releases, and exclusive Amazon content.
- Get alerts for new deals by following us on Twitter.
- Install Amazon 1Button App and put special Amazon features right at your fingertips.
- Install the Amazon Mobile App and get around-the-clock access to deals from your mobile phone or tablet.
- Act fast when you see a Lightning Deal you want. Each Lightning Deal is available, one per customer, for just 15 minutes after putting it in your Cart until all the discounts are claimed, supplies of the item run out, or
the promotion period ends, whichever comes first. Read more about Lightning Deals.
- If you're looking for deals in a specific category, you should visit that category's deal page, linked from the left column of the Black Friday Deals Week
What are Lightning Deals?
Lightning Deals are discount promotions that are limited in both time and quantity. To claim a deal:
Read the Lightning Deals help page.
- Act fast. First, make sure you are logged into your Amazon account. After you add the deal to your Cart, you will have 15 minutes to make the purchase. You will be notified by an alert that will display in the upper
right-hand corner of the page when you have 10 minutes remaining to make your purchase. You must check out within this time frame to receive your promotional discount. If you have not purchased the deal before the time runs out, the
discount will no longer apply to the product in your Cart and will be available to other customers who are interested in the deal.
- Are you seeing “Join Waitlist” instead of “Add to Cart”? This option will display when all of the available discounts for the deal are in other customers’ Carts, but their purchases have not been completed. If
purchases that are in customers’ Carts are not completed within 15 minutes, the promotional discount will be made available to the next customer on the waitlist.
- How do you know a deal is going fast? You can check the status bar to see if the deal is close to selling out. This status bar may fluctuate depending on the number of discounts that are sitting in customers’
Carts, and customers moving forward in the waitlist line.
- Did you miss the checkout deadline but still want the deal? After the 15 minutes run out, if the deal is still available, you may click the “Add to Cart” button again in the Lightning Deals box.
- Complete checkout as soon as possible. You may continue to shop for additional items before you check out if you like. However, keep in mind that you only have 15 minutes to purchase the Lightning Deal once you add
it to your Cart.
Do I need to be signed in to claim a Lightning Deal?
Yes. If you're not signed in, we will prompt you to do so. However, in order to claim a Lightning Deal as quickly as possible, we suggest you sign in before the deal starts.
How do I know if I'm signed in?
If you're signed in, you'll see your name next to the Amazon logo at the top of the page. If you are not signed in, click the sign in menu in the top right of your browser to sign in.
Do I need to have 1-Click ordering enabled?
No, you don't need to have 1-Click ordering enabled. Using the 1-Click feature will not cause your Lightning Deal order to be processed faster. You can have 1-Click turned on for Lightning Deals, but you should not use the "Buy all items
in 1-Click" button to complete your order. Click "Proceed to Checkout" instead. Lightning Deal discounts must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. 1-Click checkout may not be used in conjunction with redemption of Lightning Deal
I just clicked the "Add to Cart" button within the Lightning Deals box, and now it says "Checking deal status." What does that mean?
It means we are currently processing your request. For some of our more popular deals, a very large number of people may be attempting to claim the limited number of discounts available. If you see the "Checking deal status" message, it
means we are working to assign all the discounts in the order we received the requests.
How will I know if I got the Lightning Deal?
You will see the words "Special Price" listed on the page you are taken to after you add the item to your Cart. And you will see "Lightning Deal" listed in the Order Summary section of the checkout page. Your order confirmation mail will
also mention the Lightning Deal.
I managed to claim the Lightning Deal I wanted, hurray! Now can I rest easy?
We advise you to complete your checkout as soon as possible as you only have 15 minutes to purchase the deal once it's added to your Cart. Adding the item to your Cart does not reserve it.
I claimed a Lightning Deal but also want to add more items to my Cart to qualify FREE Super Saver Shipping. Can I add more items to my Cart before checking out?
Yes, you can continue shopping and add more items to your Cart if you like. However, remember to complete your checkout as soon as possible as you only have 15 minutes to purchase the deal once it's added to your Cart. Adding
the item to your Cart does not reserve it.
I saw a Lightning Deal advertised as starting at 2:00 p.m. today, but now it's 2:00 p.m., and I don't see the deal. What's up?
We try our best to accurately advertise upcoming deals, but we reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or modify deals at any time.
What is Prime Early Access?
Prime Early Access is a feature that gives Prime members 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals on Amazon.com.
How will I know which deals have early access?
Prime Early Access Lightning Deals will say "Prime Early Access" when advertised on pages other than the product detail page, such as on Today's Deals and the Black Friday page.
How will I know what time a Prime Early Access deal will start for me?
Before it starts, every Lightning Deal shows the exact deal start time. If you are a Prime member, the deal will start at the time shown, and customers who are not Prime members will not be able to purchase it for the first 30 minutes. Once this 30-minute window ends, the deal will be available to all customers, not just Prime members.
Customers who are not Prime members can still look at the deal, but they will not be able to purchase it until the 30-minute Early Access window is over, unless they become a Prime member. The start time advertised with the deal for non-Prime customers is when the Prime Early Access period is over.
How can I sign up for Prime?
Click "Try Prime" on the product page of deals with Prime Early Access to start a 30-day trial of Prime, or visit www.amazon.com/Prime to sign-up. In addition to having Early Access to select Lightning Deals, Prime members also enjoy FREE Two-Day Shipping, unlimited photo storage, plus exclusive access to movies, music and Kindle books.
There's a Twitter feed with Amazon's Black Friday deals?
Yes. The @amazon Twitter feed will have timely announcements of great deals during Black Friday Deals Week.
Will I get Tweets alerting me to great deals before anyone else?
No--we won't provide any information that isn't also available on the website. However, we will try our best to send out Tweets very quickly after deals start.
Will every single deal be announced on the Twitter feed?
No, but we will Tweet many of the deals we think might interest a lot of customers.
Will I stop getting Tweets about great deals after Black Friday Deals Week is over?
No, we will continue to alert you to great deals on the Today's Deals page.
I clicked on a deal in an Amazon e-mail, but the price seems to have gone up. How do I get the deal?
Many of the deals advertised in our e-mails are good for a limited time only and while supplies last. The price may have changed or supply may have run out.
I saw a deal mentioned on a blog--how can I find it on the site?
Some of the great deals attracting attention on the web are limited-time, limited-supply Lightning Deals, which do not last very long. Lightning Deals are valid one per customer until all the discounts are claimed, supplies of the item
run out, or the promotion period ends, whichever comes first. It's probable that a specific Lightning Deal you read about in a blog has already expired, but we're adding new ones all the time on the Black Friday Deals Week page. Read about Lightning Deals.
How do I get FREE Two-Day Shipping on my Lightning Deal orders?
Get your Lightning Deal purchases with unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. To start your free trial
take the following steps:
1. Find Prime-eligible items by looking for the Prime sticker next to the “Add to Cart” button.
2. Place items in your Shopping Cart by clicking "Add to Cart."
3. Proceed to checkout.
4. Select "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a free trial of Amazon Prime" as your shipping speed.
Note: Your credit card won't be charged for Amazon Prime when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing, and at the end of the free trial, your membership will
automatically upgrade to a full year for $99. New Amazon Prime members only.
Read about Lightning Deals. See the following question to learn how to get FREE Two-Day Shipping on your other Black Friday orders.
How do I get FREE Two-Day Shipping on my other Black Friday orders?
Get your Black Friday purchases with unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. To start your free trial take
the following steps:
1. Find Prime-eligible items by looking for the Prime sticker on certain items.
2. Place items in your Shopping Cart by clicking "Add to Cart with FREE Two-Day Shipping."
3. Proceed to checkout.
4. Click "Start my Free Trial."
You can also start a free trial of Amazon Prime from the checkout page by selecting "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a free trial of Amazon Prime" as your shipping speed.
See the previous question to learn how to get FREE Two-Day Shipping on Lightning Deal orders.