Read more than 1 million* Kindle books on your computer with our free Kindle reading app. No Kindle device required. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across various devices.
- Sync to Furthest Page Read: Our Whispersync technology automatically syncs your books across apps, so you can start reading on one device with the Kindle app installed, and pick up where you left off on another device with the app installed. You don’t need to own a Kindle to use the app, but if you do, Whispersync also syncs your Kindle books between your apps (including the Kindle for Mac app) and your Kindle devices.
- Look Up Words: Use the built-in dictionary in the Kindle for Mac app to look up the definition of words without interrupting your reading.
- Personalize: Switch to full-screen reading mode, choose your background color, and adjust the brightness of your screen from within the Kindle for Mac app.
- Search in Books: Search inside any book to find a topic, character, or section you want to revisit.
- Look Up Book Facts: Access descriptions of characters, important places, popular quotes, and themes from Shelfari, the community-powered encyclopedia for book-lovers.
- Organize Collections: Organize your books into various collections/lists with the Kindle for Mac app.
- Read e-Textbooks: Choose from a large selection of e-textbooks to read with the Kindle for Mac app and avoid the hassle of carrying around heavy textbooks.
- Take Notes: Highlight, take notes, and add bookmarks in any book on your Mac.
- View Page Numbers: See page numbers that correspond to a book's print edition page numbers to easily cite passages. This feature is available with thousands of books in the Kindle Store.
|Looking for More FREE Reading Apps?|
|Click here to view our entire family of FREE Kindle Reading Apps. We will continue to add more devices in the future.|