Frequently Asked Questions About Warehouse Deals
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Amazon.com created <a href="http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1267877011">Amazon Warehouse Deals</a> to offer great deals on returned, warehouse-damaged, used, or refurbished products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com rigorous standards as "new." On the Amazon.com site, Amazon Warehouse Deals functions like any other merchant with items listed under the link on an item's detail page. Prior to offering an item for sale on Amazon Warehouse Deals, we verify physical and functional condition. Because we do not order inventory like a traditional store, we cannot guarantee availability of any item.
What condition is the product in?
In some cases, we sell customer-returned products that have never been opened but have slight box damage that prevents Amazon.com from selling the product as "new." Most products sold on Amazon Warehouse Deals should be considered "used." For example, a TV may have been opened and watched by the previous customer, a coffee maker might have been removed from its original packaging and the previous customer may have tried to make coffee, a book may have been read, and a digital camera may have been used to take a picture or two. Amazon Warehouse Deals offers these products at a discounted price because they cannot be sold on the Amazon.com website as new. Because we want Amazon Warehouse Deals customers to be delighted with their purchases, we thoroughly test each item and provide details on the specific condition of the product on the page with competitors' listings.
How do we evaluate the product?
We evaluate the physical and functional condition of each item. If the item functions perfectly and its physical condition is not perfect, we may still choose to sell the product. If the product doesn't function, it doesn't matter what the physical condition of the product is, we won't sell it.
What do the different conditions mean?
- If an item is being sold as "new" on Amazon Warehouse Deals, this means that the item has never been removed from the packaging but the packaging has superficial damage.
- A "like new"" item sold on Amazon Warehouse Deals is in perfect condition, but due to the condition of the packaging, it does not meet Amazon.com standards for new product. For customer-returned product, it's possible that the previous customer opened and removed the product from the original packaging. If a returned item comes back in perfect physical condition and through our testing process we determine the working condition is perfect, the item may be deemed "like new." Physical damage to the outer box of a factory-sealed item in our warehouse can also lead to the condition being taken from Amazon.com "new" to Amazon Warehouse Deals "like new.
- If an item has been tested and verified to be in perfect working order but it has cosmetic damage or blemishes, shows slight signs of use, has minor accessories missing, or the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item, we will assign the condition of "very good".
- If an item has been tested and verified to be in perfect working order, but the item has large cosmetic damage or blemishes and/or has missing accessories, we will assign the condition of "good". It's possible the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item.
- If an item has been tested and verified to be in perfect working order, but the item shows signs of wear including scratches, dents, and other aesthetic problems, we will assign the condition of "acceptable." It's possible the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item, manuals may be missing, and the item may contain third party attachments.