How Renting Works
Kindle Textbook Rental is a flexible and affordable way to read textbooks. You can rent for the minimum length, typically 30 days, and save up to 80% off the print list price. If you find you need your textbook longer, you can extend your rental by as little as 1 day as many times as you want and just pay for the added days. Note that some textbooks may only be available for a fixed rental length such as 180 days if the textbook publisher has disabled the flex rental option.
• Download one of our free Kindle reading apps for your
– wherever you'd like to read your textbook. For print replica textbooks, you will need to read them using a Kindle Fire tablet or the Kindle app for iPad, Android tablets, PC, or Mac. Be sure to check on the detail page of a textbook.
• Search for your textbook in the Textbooks Store
or from the search bar. If a Kindle edition is available for rent, you'll see an option in the Formats section on the textbook page. Select this option.
• On the Kindle textbook page select your rental end date. Kindle textbooks can typically be rented for any length between 30 to 360 days – you pay only for the time you need and can extend or buy anytime. Note that some textbooks may only be available for a fixed rental length such as 180 days if the textbook publisher has disabled the flex rental option.
• Click on "Rent now with 1-click" button to place your rental order.