At Amazon.com, we not only have a large collection of smart tiles, but also a comprehensive set of reviews from our customers. Below we've selected a subset of smart tiles and the corresponding reviews to help you do better research, and choose the product that best suits your needs.
"Spectacular" - By BillyBoy (Oviedo, United States)
This tile looks spectacular with or without lighting. It highlights my new black granite countertops and transitions well from the dark wood cabinets. I used silver grout but it looks more light tan than silver. Whatever, it looks great. I placed a thin rope designed brown border around it. There was a lot of tile cutting due to switches and my attempt to cut down on grout laden depressions by pre-sealing the black glass tiles worked about 85%. Still, I had to work hard to get the other 15% off. Like other raters write, looking at the picture doesn't capture this tile's real beauty, nor its capacity to contrast multi-color kitchens very well.
We were very excited to begin the DIY backsplash in our kitchen. We had just done our countertops and couldn't wait to add a little more pizazz. We started out by measuring and figuring out what tiles to place where to make the process and little easier. Upon starting we found that the electrical cover parts gave us the most grief. We tried to run the tiles right under the covers once they were off but we found when we put the cover back on it stuck out too much so we had to make do. They do have smaller tiles you can use and this did help but it will appear a little different from the rest of the tiles and flow but by this time we were ready to just finish. Peeling and sticking of the tiles was pretty easy. The area where we had the most problems ... full review
If you are looking for the REAL look of tile with a faux tile - vinyl backsplash, this is not a good choice. You can tell it is a vinyl backsplash but once I finally got it up it looked much better than when I first opened the box. I am very happy with the final look and it tied my whole kitchen together and looks like a nice backsplash. I get lots of compliments and it went on so easy and fast. Great alternative to grouting and tiling.
"Great Quality Tiles!" - By Deja-vue (Long Beach, California United States)
I just remodeled my Kitchen and when I came across these, I bought 36 of them for my Backsplash. They install easy and cut very nice. Look great! I had a Professional install these, but really anyone with the right Tools and some patience can install them. I posted some pictures here: http://www.frankschoelzel.com/Kitchenpart4.htm
This tile is beautiful and arrived very quickly! It looks best with a solid countertop rather than a patterned one - such as quartz. There was a little less gray overall than I expected from the picture, but still very attractive.
"I like pattern a lot!" - By T. Gray (Bethlehem, PA USA)
I like the pattern a lot but people should make sure they know the "grout" is gray - not white and that you really need to use tile adhesive or caulk behind them if you are putting them on a wall because they will all fall down the next day unless you are putting them on an UNPAINTED surface like unprimed sheetrock!! THey do NOT stick to paint longer than 24 hours, maybe. FYI, they are like 4"x4" tiles - quite small so if you are doing a larger space the pattern will seem more busy than if you are covering a smaller space or using larger tiles on a larger space. If the adhesive were stronger and the grout was more white I would give them a 5 star rating.
Of course it is meant for those lost keys,wallet, remote ect... that you know you left around here somewhere gosh darn it(!) Its not a GPS system that will work a large distances. If you need more than this it will cost you more money. But I like it better than the Sharper Image one it replaces which was too heavy and bulky. Simply put:
Pros: convenient size and weight wont bog down your device multi-colors can be used to remember what objects they belong to (I use green or gold for wallet, red for the lights on my car for keys, blue for the blue screen of death means my computer tablet, ect. When I push the transmitter button while racing around the house or digging through my car the returning beep tone is loud enough to hear. The stick-ons really ... full review