Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Tara Benwell forum

What readers are saying about "The Proper Order of Things"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2011 1:11:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2011 8:07:31 PM PST
Tara Benwell says:
Thank you to all of the readers who have taken the time to write a note about "The Proper Order of Things". ~Tara

"Just wanted to say I really, really enjoyed the book! Thank you for recommending it. I didn't put it down till I read it this weekend." (Forwarded from a good friend's sister)

"finished your book. Loved it. It needs a sequel to find out what happens next :-) " (from a teacher I tweet with)

"One of the best books I have read in a long time. I couldn't put it down, and stayed up way past bedtime a few nights b/c time got away from me." (from an old friend's wife)

"I want u to know that I am seriously in LOVE with ur book" (text from the book cover artist) "Watch out I'm quoting people who send me messages like this." (my text back) "You can totally quote me...I couldn't put it down last night. I stayed up til 2am"

"I'm thoroughly enjoying your book! It's incredible-I brag to everyone who will listen that I know the author!" (from my daughter's Grade 1 teacher)

"I finished your novel on a plane from London to Istanbul. Congratulations. There's lots to say and talk about. " (from an author who also wrote a wonderful review on the Amazon.co.uk Kindle page http://tinyurl.com/6bvp6no )

"Big publishers loss equals my gain...(later) Your book was wonderful. You should be very proud. I think my fave line was: "... two loose corkscrews dangling in front of my eyes for sex appeal." (from a writer who also blogs about writing)

"I love that Chester made her english muffin pizzas for her birthday." (from a reader who is also a best friend)

"Hey Tara, I was just thinking about you...your book (kindle version on iPhone) kept me company tonight while eating my first pizza in Italy :) I'm completely sucked into the story and characters! " (FB message from a friend who is traveling)

"I just wanted you to know that I finished "The Proper Order of Things" and I thoroughly enjoyed it! What an amazing book and it's even more amazing to be able to say that I know the author. Once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it down and it kept my interest all the way through. " (from a relative who has to say something nice-but I think this was genuine!)

"I just finished reading your novel. It's pretty amazing that my daughter is such a gifted author." (Thanks Dad.)

"Finished The Proper Order of Things by Tara Benwell. Great first novel! Very Miriam Toews-ish" #properorder (from a tweeter who helped me choose an official hashtag for my book)

"Been reading this book I like and I thought of giving it as a gift 2 a few other friends, but I wanna keep my copy" :) (from a wordsmith who attached a screenshot of an invoice for 3 more copies of my book. Thank you!)

"My first purchase on the #Kindle store? @tarabenwell 's #properorder ... I might not go to bed at all tonight!" (from a teacher on twitter-This made my day!)

"I just wanted to drop you a quick note because your book kept me very good company when I was in Florence last week - it is forever linked to my travels. I wandered the streets, the Uffizi, the Duomo with Caroline and her family in my head looking for places to sit down so I could read one more chapter." (in a postcard from an old high school pal who dropped everything to take the trip of a lifetime)

"I really really enjoyed it. Absolutely loved the characters, loved the coming-of-age plot and loved all the little twists... Great mix...had a bit of everything, drama, comedy, romance, etc. Couldn't put it down!! ...I will write a review very soon" (from a busy teacher I worked with years ago who was always the students' favourite)

"Family messes me up, yet where'd be without them? Oh, @tarabenwell , I finished #properorder last night AND I LOVED IT!" (from a teacher in my twitter PLN)

"Tara Tara Tara... what can I say... your book is fabulous !! I enjoyed it SO much... I have to tell you I have started a tradition with my grandson ..."do you pinky swear ?' When I read a book, like so many I'm sure ..I LIVE it.. if it grabs me! And I entered into the lives of your characters...I was VERY happy with the ending... and I never ever peek, no matter how high the temptation.. You truly are an amazing author and I pray this is the first of many many more!" (from a relative who married into the family long ago and made it extra special forevermore )

"The more self-published books I buy and read, the more I appreciate just how good yours is. Just thought you should know. :)" (from a writer/tweeter/blogger who read the book weeks earlier and took the time to share a few more kind words, just to make my day)

"I finished The Proper Order of Things last month and really enjoyed it, both because it's amazing to admire a friend's work of art, but also because it was a beautifully-crafted story..." (from a teacher/writer/friend who held a challenge on his own blog to win a copy of my book)

"I loved this book! It is a beautifully written coming-of-age story. This book has it all. Ms. Benwell effortlessly combines drama, intrigue and humor and she throws in a couple of surprising twists. Her characters are unique yet relatable, and she deals with some difficult topics with insight and humor. I couldn't put it down! Highly recommended." (from an Amazon reviewer who read the book on Kindle)

"I was fascinated by your attention to detail throughout the story. So many that I wonder how you possibly think them all up! ...All in all, a great first book Tara.....and congratulations! Look forward to the next! " (from a friend of a lovely relative)

"#properorder is a really well written book. Ate in one sitting, kept me wondering until end!" (from an English language teacher with professional circus training)

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 5:48:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2011 5:49:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 10:28:23 AM PDT
Tara Benwell says:
Like these reviews? Check out the book. The Proper Order of Things

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 10:30:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2011 8:39:39 PM PDT
Tara Benwell says:
Or if you prefer the eBook, check it out here: The Proper Order of Things (Also available on Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, and on Smashwords (for other file formats and devices).

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 12:18:14 PM PDT
B. Patterson says:
This was a wonderful read, and I almost completed it in one-sitting. I really enjoyed getting into the psyches of all of the characters and watching them evolve as they grew up in a very non-traditional family environment. Highly recommend !

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:20:26 PM PDT
A slow weave, intersecting emotion after emotion. So thoughtful and detailed sometimes I felt I was there.
I found myself thinking about the characters after I finished reading the story. Enjoyable and thought provoking! Add it to your book club list.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tara Benwell forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions