Return to the question
Question
I was wanting something to round out my order with Amazon last week, ya know, to get the free shipping deal. I found what looked like a perfect item. Baby Einstein's Takealong Tunes. I was looking at the product info and found a statement that said something to the effect of they are required to notify the consumer of Proposition 65 (this was a link). I clicked on the link and it took me another statement that said something like the product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer or repoductive harm. I couldn't believe it! I emailed Baby Einstein and they forwarded my email to the maker of the toy and I got back this response:

I want to assure you that Kids II products are safe. Our products are latex free and paint materials are non-toxic. Our products meet and pass necessary requirements for phthalates, PVC's and BPA's. In addition to the tests that are performed by both U.S. and International standards, we also perform testing and go through extra safety procedures with parents and children within our local area. Not only do our products meet the requirements they are also certified by the accredited independent laboratories mentioned with Intertek and Bureau Veritas. In being a private company I hope that you will understand that we are unable to provide specific details on the materials within the products. However in being parents ourselves, we want to share the same confidence with you that we have in allowing our children to play with our products.

In other words...they refused to tell me exactly what the warning was pertaining to! I wrote back for further clarification and haven't received a response. Today, about a week and a half later and they have now REMOVED the link to the warning!!! What's going on? Is this toxic or isn't it???

http://www.oehha.org/prop65.html

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Nadine
Answer
That's what I was hoping, because I really wanted to buy it. I asked Kids II if that was the case and they never answered me.
Comments