Return to the question
Question
For the last two weeks, the price of the T3i body along with the kit lens was around $706. Why is it now raised to $729? Does Amazon do that quite often? Should I wait for a better deal or there might be a chance that it never goes back down in price?
Answer
To be honest, I'd love to be able to buy a new T3i for $729.00. What the heck...I'd be just as happy to buy one for $829.00.
Why?
Well here in rip-off Britain I've parted with £650.00 for the T3i (or Canon 600D as it's known in the UK). Okay, so it came with the 18-55mm kit lens too, but you get that with the $729.00 set-up.
To put it in perspective what I paid for mine is the same as you paying nearly $1300.00 for the same thing. Just imagine the camera you could afford to buy with that sort of cash.
Price apart though, it is a great camera. The images are so crisp and faithful to what the eye sees.
It also comes with some pretty neet RAW/JPEG imaging software too.
If you get the choice of the 18-55mm kit lens or the 18-150mm (approx) for a bit more money, I'd certainly advise going with the latter. The 18-55mm kit lens is super for starting off but you'll soon discover the limitations of the lens when you want to get up closer. I had the 18-55mm kit lens and I've sinced invested in the Canon 55-250 EFS ISII lens as an addition. Now I've got wide-angle to telephoto in two simple lenses. Both are magical.
Hope you get yours soon, you will not be disappointed with the T3i I promise.
Comments