Return to the question
Question
Can anyone confirm that the Actiontec GT784WN will work with AT&T's ADSL2+ IP DSLAM U-verse service? Modems that formerly worked with AT&T's ADSL2 PPPoE high-speed DSL service were rendered obsolete, (or at least in need of a firmware upgrade), with AT&T's U-verse service which utilizes Direct IP to setup an Internet connection. My own modem, a 2wire 1800HG, suffered this fate. It worked flawlessly for seven years with AT&T's high-speed DSL service which uses PPPoE. Now with U-verse and Direct IP/DHCP, it will establish DSL synch and setup an ATM circuit, but it fails to connect to AT&T's IP server even with the correct U-verse parameters, (0/35), and 2wire keycode for DHCP connections. It clearly needs a firmware upgrade even though ADSL2+ is backward compatible with ADSL. Obviously, the Actiontec GT784WN will not work where AT&T U-verse service demands VDSL2, but with the right firmware, it should support ADSL2+ U-verse. Does anyone know for sure that the unit's firmware works with Direct IP/DHCP U-verse? Simply saying that it works with AT&T's DSL service does not answer the question as AT&T still offers PPPoE-based DSL service.
Answer
Is this product truly wireless? I've purchased others, returned, that had a orange Ethernet(?)cord that I was told had to be connected to modem and laptop which are in two different rooms. I was sent this one by mistake, the one I ordered had the "dreaded" ethernet cord, was told when I phoned Actiontec that is was not wireles tho it read so online. I would appreciate help before I order another one. What I have now is the ATT one, which is not good, as all who have one know. Would buying a better modem/router help w/HuluPlus, I've turned off Hulu+ because programs were pausing/freezing too much
Thank you
Comments